Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen hot rod in florida

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don's Hot Rods, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theres lowlifes everywhere out there n just hope when he gets caught that hes not a hamb member!

2. i saw this thread on Facebook on Trent Sherrill's page! this car has made it famous for being missing! Poor guy.. i'd be sick-it's like having your child stolen from you (so-to-speak)

3. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

indoor swap meets starting up north, eyes are open. this has to show up somewhere!

4. Rob3865

Rob3865

No kiddin.....even moreso since his child helped with the build.

5. cmarcus

cmarcus

Me too, still praying to come here and see some news. UGGGH!!!

6. myktrans

myktrans

something has to surface soon. :-(

7. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Well my eyes are open up here in upstate NY. Plus you got RUSTYNEWYORKER. up here too. He dosent mis anyting. So if its in this neck of the woods. We will sniff it out.

8. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

I guess it's all about the wording if there's a buy-back clause in the agreement, but I'd think once the check is cashed it then belongs to the insurance co to do as they wish, and that'll depend on the condition of the coupe when/if it's found.

Scotty

9. erlomd

erlomd

ill keep my eyes open down here in miami. my buddies are going up to turkey run and they'll be on the look out as well.

10. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

I look first thing every morning, still have the feeling good news will come from all this. Good luck getting your car back and soon.

11. Moose223

Moose223

All our crew will be in the trenches looking for clues and talking to folks. With all of the shows and meets this next few weeks lets pray for some direction.

12. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

This one was stolen Nov. 1 in CA. and just today recovered not 5 miles from the garage it was taken from. While OT, just wanted to post this to offer up some hope. Often stolen cars don't travel far from where they were stolen. The Barracuda was recovered missing it's seats, carpet and some other interior parts. Obviously the thieves were in the process of parting the car out.

Stolen with the trailer and a motorcycle as well.

Bottom line is don't give up hope, keep beating the bushes and do all you can to get the word out!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. sololobo

sololobo

The stolen Cuda may be off topic to some, but I find it awesome. el-plain-o is my choice, always! ~sololobo~

14. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

Wish you the best in your efforts to recover your work of art;....check all "ports of call" first. My guess is, as many others on here, it's destined to take a "boat ride". The good news is the fact that those processes often take time, which gives you an advantage to catching up with these dirt bags. Hang in there. You've got a lot of friends on this endeavor!

15. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I'm of the same opinion as rrbrucea, I feel that car didn't go very far. Too loud, and too high profile to be transporting it all over the place. Most theives are not James Bond smart and are opportunists. They may not have even had a great plan in place before they took it and just stashed it until they figure out what to do with it.

I can assure you of one thing. If this was my car taken I would have a zillion miles on my shoes by now, beating the bushes and talking to everyone within a 20 mile radius. Someone saw something, you just have to find that one person. The police can only do so much and no matter how they say they are devoting all their efforts to finding it, they have bigger fish to fry, ie, murders, home robberies, etc.

Don

16. Best of luck with getting your car back. Far too many deadshits out there these days. Hope it all has a happy ending.

17. Keep the hope and also more so keep pounding the pavement with the investigators!
    More so than not the stolen vehicle is sitting waiting to be moved when things calm down. It either wound up getting shipped quickly or it is within a twenty mile radius in my opinion.

18. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

there has got to be traffic cams or gas station cams that seen something somewhere. they had to have an enclosed trailer of some sort or a tilt bed..... something..... somone, somewhere or something has seen the information that is needed to catch these dicks....

19. Has ebay been checked?

20. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

i check every day.. every single day for anyhting thats could possibly be related to that car. same with alot of craigslist.. even though im from up north i check alot of the aeas down that way. same with alot of guys here

21. scibjenkins

scibjenkins

Maybe he's getting Overhauled :pPPPP

22. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

23. slant37

slant37
    from Holland PA

Hope you get it back...Eyes open in PA

24. The TV stations in Orlando and other citys, are all ways looking, for human interest story's.

Try contacting them, or other stations. There may be a Hot Rodder, on staff !

Being you are the one asking, they will feature your car. Let them know the history of the buildd, and all the followers you had during the build !

Since the Turkey Run is around the corner, the story will fit in to the life style of the area.
    Make them aware for the large interest in the car hobby

Hoping for the best
    Bob

25. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Oh lord. Wide Foose billet wheels, tweed interior, two tone paint, 2000 watt stereo, enclosed subwoofers and an efi LS1. :eek:

Almost forgot...in dash DVD player.

26. Ask the neighborhood kids... They are more likely to be outside when it went by than their parents were... they might have seen it being put in a trailer... Is there an empty lot nearby big enough to put a truck and trailer in and turned around and out of there quickly??

27. I keep checking back hoping for some happy news,,,HRP

28. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I agree with 4t64rd, kids are always seeing stuff we adults are too blind to see.

There is a better chance you will find your car on your own than depending on the police. If you look at most of the success stories that have appeared on the HAMB, the car was found by people scouring Ebay, CL, and their surrounding areas themselves, or by other people who knew about the theft and were activelly looking. I would also offer a nice reward for information leading to the recovery............there is no honor among thieves and you can bet your bottom dollar they have bragged to SOMEONE about their score. Some people would turn in their own Mother if you wave some green in front of their faces.

Don

29. Scratchbuilt

Scratchbuilt

Cops aren't going to do anything once you state the car is modified, they'll be thinking good riddance to another public nuisance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.