Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Metal Kustoms from Kentucky

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by metalliatic, Nov 6, 2012.

1. I do not want to sound arrogant and have never posted any of my fabrication work on here, but be assured I could easily build a far better body from scratch in my barn.....

2. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

i think making a body out of a cardboard box would look better....

3. I have seen this before with surfboards...someone buys and 'shapes' their first foam blank and they think they are Al Merrick...same goes for the guy who buys a hammer and drill and thinks they are Mike Holmes

4. ..the "S10 Gauges for 50 Chevy" now that is hot.....NOT

5. A guy I went to highschool with made a body out of 3/8 plywood over a hardwood framework and then glassed over it. It was a pretty simple body with out any compound curves. Pretty lame but he was proud as hell of it.

I bought an extra large condom once and thought I was John Holmes. :eek:

6. BAJ

BAJ
    from Ontario

Oh Man! Don't do it! I'd rather fix up a total rust bucket than mess with one of those bodies.

7. "Even when i was a kid i was changing parts on my toy cars and trucks to make them look different.Not much has changed since" I took this from their site....um ok, that is where the problem is...ok now I am being mean

8. I'm with Dreddybear. If the roadster in your avatar is yours, keep it!

9. skwurl

skwurl

A local guy bought one here. I didn't like it at all. For 3 grand I would find another body. You can buy new rpu bodies for 4500

10. ev88f

ev88f

"I'm the man in the box" ;)

11. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

12. John B

John B

Makes the thought of fiberglass look better and better.

13. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

Not as good as Homers spice rack !

14. big creep

big creep

yep!

15. Have you seen these masterpieces in person ? :confused: :rolleyes:

16. ive never seen one in person. the more i look at the big pics the less i like it. the coupe body is $3000. no windshield frame and no way to have side glass

17. the roadster is mine. im not planning on getting rid of it. i deffanatly want to do an A coupe. its my favorite hot rod body style.

18. i'd say no. if your gonna spend 3g's, look around for an A coupe. or, buy a glass 32, at least you'd have something you could sell if you needed to.

19. wouldnt it be nice to be able to buy a new model A coupe body made out of metal for $2500-$3000 with no rust made in the USA. doors hinged and ready to go. it looks like the New Metal Kustoms cars need a ton of body work.

20. I only gave $799. for my fiberglass 27 roadster body. brand new.

21. Fenders

Fenders

You can find a real Model A coupe body for $3000 -- may need a little work -- or buy the whole car and part out what you don't want and you'll have the body for about $3000.
    And it'll be a real Model A coupe.

22. GREASER815

GREASER815

No matter what the price is......you really still have nothing. Hell, it's not even a copy of something like a glass body is.

23. I dont know the guy, and has nothing to do with talent. For all we know hes a metal working god, but just builds these cheaper for the price. Maybe he can hand work you a perfect body that matches an original exactly, but if he did, it sure isnt going to be that cheap.

All we can coment on is would WE buy one. For me, NO!

24. ed_v

ed_v
    from Kentucky

What you have is much better!!

Don't most bodies have curves? :confused:

Ed

25. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

This thread has gone as expected , no need for me to add to what has been said.

26. ho...lee....fuck. what a mess.

27. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

How about.............NO.

28. the metalsurgeon

the metalsurgeon
    from Denver

who's Lee? I heard Bruce bought one

29. llewellyn

llewellyn

If you want flat slab sided rod , put some wheels on your outhouse or barn :D