Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Revolution 2012 by "That One Deaf Guy"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TexasSpeed, Nov 5, 2012.

1. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

great bunch of pics.

2. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What an amazing collection of cars. Thanks for posting them.

3. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

[​IMG]

That black A coupe that's taking space up front along with Brian's A is none other than Chris Casny (same name on here) who made the long drive over from the west coast to bring his A to the show. I have to say, I'm really glad he brought it out because seeing in a magazine and online doesn't do it justice. You really have to see it in person to appreciate the level of quality that Chris has incorporated into the build. One of the most traditional hot rods to be built in the last decade and it looks every bit as good as it did when he finished it. Well, all but that one little gauge that he accidentally "customized."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Last but certainly not least. This was my favorite hot rod at the show. More often than not, you see T and A coupes and '32-'34 Ford bodies being turned into hot rods. It's become rare to see something that's newer than 1934 be turned into a hot rod that looks like it just came off the pages of a Rod & Custom little book (which, by the way, I finally started amassing a small collection of.. Thanks to Marcy!) in the '50's. Everything about this car was spot on.. The stance. The tire choice. The bolt-ons to the early Chevy V8. The ingredients that Jeffrey James chose to incorporate into his build really turned out a very stunning ride and one that has set the bar for future pre-war bodied Ford hot rods. I was absolutely enthusiastic to see this ride in person for the first time ever and get to look at the small stuff that JJ has done to it. Anyone can drop a small block Chevy into a mid-'30's Ford coupe and call it a hot rod.

Jeff made his early V8 look like it belongs in there. He made it look like it was actually built back then. The amount of thought and attention he paid to making sure nothing was out of place paid off. From what I saw on here, JJ won "Best of Show" this year. I have to say, I quite agree with the decision on picking JJ's car for the award. His car is immaculate.

Oh, and I must have took like 50 pictures of that thing because every time I went through the pictures, that little red car kept popping up. Haha.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. bonesy

bonesy

Outstanding coverage. Thanks.

6. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

All in all, this was a GREAT show to go to. I enjoyed myself every single day I was there. First and foremost, thanks to my friend, Jared. Thanks to everyone who were patient with communicating with me as well as Brian Bass for letting me take up what must have been 10 minutes of his time, asking questions about parts and how-tos. Chris Casny was also very helpful with his input on early Ford top-loaders and Bob Bleed as well. Elrod for making sure Jared and I were in the loop with letting us know what was going on.

Everyone else who took the time to talk with me, all the fellas that I met such as Piero, Crackerhead, Lobucrud (however you spell that name...), Pushrod_Mike, etc, etc.

Oh yeah.. We can't forget the artsy shots and outtakes and stuff, can we? ;) Keep yer eyes peeled.

7. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Thanks fellas!

8. billylo

billylo

Good stuff....Thanks man!

9. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Great meeting you too!! Thanks for the kind words. See you at the Round-Up.

"Maybe" doesn't cut it around here. ;) See you around.

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

10. 46stude

46stude

Great coverage. I wish I could have made it out to more than just the show on Saturday. Your pics help ease my pain....

11. brady1929

brady1929

fantastic pics, thanks

12. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Kick ass pictures and write up!

13. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Great coverage Matt. Thanks for the kind words on the roadster, next time we'll take it for a ride. Really enjoyed hanging out with you and Jarod this weekend and you're quite the pool shark.... See all you guys in april for the Roundup. I'll bring the Shine....

Oh yeah, thanks for the screamin' deal on the parts. Can't beat getting your vintage Ford parts delivered, and get a great deal. :D

Later,
    Kevin

14. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Thanks, fellas!

Sounds like a deal! Sure be nice if I have my A up and driving by then, then we can all cruise together. I'm no pool shark, I don't know what you're talking about. ;)

No problem. Glad to help a friend out anytime! See you in April.

15. Junk Hunter

Junk Hunter
    from The Ozarks

Awesome coverage! Best Revolution write up yet. Thanks for posting.

16. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Proof I showed up at Top Notch.. Just didn't stay long enough. :( Next year for sure.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I know.. I know.. Cliche. Red Corvette. Stock. Just imagine if the dude hits a pole or something. Hey! Perfect parts car for a hot rod. :)

Here are the extras, the outtakes, the whatchamcallit.. Artsy-fartsy shots, I guess.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you for looking.

17. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

YOU! After I got home, I kept thinking about the open night. You were the dude with the black shirt and had a boy with you in an orange hoodie, weren't you? Your frame looks great! Bob did a good job with that one for a great cause too.

It would have been nice to meet you.. I was the big ole' bearded guy with the camera, getting in everyone's way. Haha. ;)

18. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Matt it was really nice to meet you buddy.. Stoked you had a great time!!
    Hit me up if your ever want to come to Cali ill give you the grand tour...
    Also pm me your address and I'll get you that 5.5.. L8er

19. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I've been thinking I need to make a trip out west eventually. I'll get ahold of you then.. It was great meeting you at the show. Your little broadway act of me kicking ass. Hilarious. I think you're getting the hang of playing charades with me. ;)

Sending PM now.

Thanks, man!

20. I was hoping you took more pictures than you posted on instagram... I always love your show coverage man. Thanks as always for the great coverage!

This show is definitely on my bucket list... Someday...:rolleyes:

21. Junk Hunter

Junk Hunter
    from The Ozarks

Ha! That was me...and the kid with the orange hoodie is Jay.

We saw you....just didn't know who you were. We'll know next time though...and there will definitely be a next time. See you then.

22. JJK

JJK

Great photos Matt glad you made it down. It was pretty rad having you around for a few days your always welcome at my place. This show always pushes me harder to close the gaps. -sent from ancient blackberry

23. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's one great batch of photos Matt, Thanks for sharing and thanks for the running commentary. I'll probably have to retire to make it as it comes right in middle of my coworkers hunting season.

24. H.G. Wells

H.G. Wells

Matt, you do a hell of a job sharing this experience with those of us that did not make it. Thanks for the pics.

25. Dave50

Dave50

Matt great pics! Alot of bitchin cars I really like that bare metal pick up and Bob Bleeds 5 winda is Bitchin really like the headlight bar. Also the T3232 coupe

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  26. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

Great coverage, and it was good to see you again buddy.

27. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

great coverage Matt. I gotta make it down for this soon.

28. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

It was great meeting you at Top Notch Matt. Great job on the pics. You gonna make it to Pistons and Paint? I'll have my Nailhead powered '50 Chevy Sedan Delivery there.

29. Elrod

Elrod

Great coverage as always Matt! Strange... I've never heard the Joel McHale thing though. I don't know where you got that. :D

As of now, I am going to pay some dues with that little flat motor, but I boxed the crap out of that Model A frame knowing that it didn't need it to just run a flatty. :D

30. draider

draider
    from Texas

Great story and pics! I saw you running around taking pics on Friday and Saturday, and it looks like you took quite a few.