Register now to get rid of these ads!

The

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SCOTT GILLEN, Oct 31, 2012.

1. billylo

billylo

This one is Don Smith's. Mr 32. I saw it in Jefferson about 5 or 6 years ago. It is unbelievable!! Don also hooked me up with a sweet deal on a 32 3 window deck lid for my car at a swap meet in FT. Worth. He has some beautiful cars!!

2. billylo

billylo

3. couverkid

couverkid

Wow,don smith that black delivery is first class.

4. There was one up at El Mirage, that I pointed out to JimSig, last year sometime. He wanted $31K, which had my mind racing. " I could sell this, and that.. an, an! Then reality set back in, but it was cool watching it cruisin' around

5. speedyb

speedyb
    from socal

When I see a picture of a car in "that" driveway Its FOR SALE !!

6. Total production of B-400's according to the Early Ford V8 Club of America states there were 1,296 built world wide. HRP

7. billylo

billylo

Congrats! Awesome car.

8. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

350-350

9. okay
    my question is about the side entry doorson the delivery are they different than sedan doors..
    the back door dimentions would be good info to have also...

a while back heard about someone who converted a 30 model A delivery to a coupe (go figure?) and i have been trying to aquire the leftover tin

thanks

10. A couple I have found & drolled over, now lost ?

Attached Files:

11. wow that lic plate real or cut and welded?

12. Here is one I saw recently near where I live...

Attached Files:

13. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

This one was done years ago by Dave Graham, He coverted it from a tudor, and it is done very correctly.

Just so everyone understands, all 32 sedan delivery bodies started out as tudors, Ford Motor Co. converted them to deliveries. A rear door was installed, along with a special rear bumper & bumper brackets, and a flat cargo floor. The side window openings were filled with an insert made of a masonite like material skined with sheet metal, (although 40 years ago I saw an orginal with glass windows in the sides!)

14. The front doors are the same on the Sedan and Sedan Deliveries. The SDL is just a modified Sedan.

FYI, the first is a Model A Sedan Delivery and the second is a '34 Panel Delivery (although the basic body would be the same as a '32 Panel). The panel delivery is a larger truck-based vehicle than a sedan delivery. The sedan deliveries are passenger-car based.

15. Here are some pix of Doug McRae's out of Kansas. He also has another one that is restored. He sells the wood kits and latch .

Attached Files:

16. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

I will try and get a photo posted on here!
    Rick

17. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

My Guess this one is real... or at least it has a Sedan delivery rear bumper... mine had the curved bumper also... the hardest bumper to find...
    Rick

18. the sedan delivery in the pictures i posted i now understand is not original and is a recent conversion. although i'm not sure, i'd guess the license plate was cut and welded

19. I have a tudor that I'm converting that I haven't worked on for a while. I made my own door jams using steel, I also made the rear door and jams out of steel. I've chopped it 3 1/2 inches.
    I got the rear door dimentions from a Gibbon Fiberglass door.

Attached Files:

20. Here are pix of an original sedan delivery rear sesection that i sold to Greg Morris in SW kansas . He has since converted a sedan using these original parts

Attached Files:

21. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

I had seen the Delivery in `storage` in Pomona that has been talked about on here. It was a real one, but I haven`t talked to the owner (previous, so it seems now...) for about 18 months....Half the appeal on that one was the unreal original type signwriting.....

22. c'mon somebody must'a done a rear bumper ?

23. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

Is that rear bumper specific to a delivery or was that a 32 "option"? I have only seen one or two of these bumpers in my entire life.

24. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

Now that I look at it more, I'll bet it was specific to the delivery. Easier access to the rear of the car. Makes sense

25. Some of you SoCal guys might know who Jules is. He has a REALLY nice '32 Delivery. I think I have some pic's of it. I'll look when I get home.

26. noboD

noboD

What happened?

27. threewindaguy

threewindaguy

Well, if you don't have one, make one. I did this back in the 70's when I couldn't find one. Belkengrens really impressed me, and I've had it for 38 years now. It's a 327 four speed car.

Attached Files:

28. 1947vert

1947vert
    from Minnesota

Threewindaguy that's a great looking delivery. Did you know Ed has built another delivery? It's at McFalls being upholstered.

29. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

A story I've heard is Belkengrens 1st one was destined to be a stock car at the hands of Carl Zechbauer (I heard the story from Carl's son John) before Jerry Johnson rescued it and traded him a regular 2 door body for it. Jerry then built it into the green one that Ed re-built later. Hopefuly "JJ Rodder" will see this and post whether it's a true story as well as some more pics of his/Ed's delivery!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  30. I'm nowhere near your area but ask guys to do a weekly deal is asking too much,,oh sure you might get a few but soon it will become repetitive,,maybe a monthly or plan a deal like we do in the South and start a Annual Deuce Run.

It works well in our area. HRP

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=596056&highlight=deuce+run

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013