Register now to get rid of these ads!

31 model a

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NotNuRodz, Jul 6, 2008.

1. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

I'm in the south part of leawood

2. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

Working on some temporary custom seat covers that I think some of you will like, ill have some pictures up in a little

3. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

Here are the temporary seat covers I started on last night, got caught up doing something else, but I should be able to get them finished up tonight.

I just used some old t-shirts that had cool logos on them and were a little to small or had to many holes in them. I think they will work for a little so I don't get crusty old foam all over my back when I drive this thing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

Got the drivers seat all sewn up and looking kind of good, I will hopefully get the other one finished after dinner tonight

Attached Files:

5. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

T-shirts are like the mexican blankets of bucket seats......

[​IMG]

6. E HANSEN13

E HANSEN13

The buckets look way better and I think that what I'm going with in my coupe.
    And good luck with the rest of your build bro...

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  7. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

Changed my steering wheel and I think everyone will be a lot happier with it compared to the last.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know it looks massive but it's more comfortable than the small wheel i had. Now I just need to find a horn ring for it.

8. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Sweet Ride Kid...

9. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

Thanks, it's a fun project.

10. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

Got some amazing deals at the lawrence swap meet this morning

Found the horn ring I need for the steering wheel!
    [​IMG]

really completes the look
    [​IMG]

I also picked up some skinny cheater slicks that fit on 5" wide wheels. They are nos tires and look like they have never been mounted. I jokingly offered the guy $20 and he said $30 so I gave him the money and ran

They are shorter then the rear tires on the car now but should look good on the car going down the drag strip at KKOA this summer, but of course I need to inspect them a little more to see if they are safe to drive on.
    [​IMG]

Trying to show how skinny they are (should have grabbed a ruler I guess :roll eyes: )
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. A Rodder

A Rodder

Nice score. And the car is looking great.

12. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

thanks!

13. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

I've been on an ebay rush lately selling a lot of parts, so I decided to finally buy something off of there. I was to excited to wait for it to come in the mail so I stole the picture off the listing just to show it off! I'm excited for the install and hope to have it done for Salina this summer.

[​IMG]

14. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

15. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

Not quite yet but that there are a lot of things in the works right now.

1. My edelbrock X1 intake and 6 strombergs are getting shipped down to Dick's Hot Rod Carbs in Texas at the end of the month to be completely rebuilt.

2. waiting for my clutch and brake pedal assembly to arrive so I can do the 4 speed swap.

3. going to clean of the wiring mess around the motor, installing new cam and intake as soon as the intake gets back from being built.

16. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

Well my dad just forwarded me an email from Dick's Hot Rod Carbs saying he's got our intake all done and he sent along some pictures. Now we just got to wait to get it back and get it on the motor!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

18. Crankhole

Crankhole

19. Bitchin intake!

20. zeuglodon

zeuglodon

Ever get the 6 deuce / 4 speed setup in?

21. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

Very nice car.

22. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

Not yet, it's hard to work on the car when I'm in school and have so many other projects, but I do have some updated pictures of the intake with the new scoops.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. wideglidejoe

wideglidejoe

NotNu,

I'm really diggin' your build, and I'm proud of you, especially for your age! I tried to get my grown son interested in hot rods when he was your age, but he wanted late model stuff with LOUD stereo. To each his own!

You are doing great!

I've got three projects going. Maybe if I ever get one of them finished, I'll get to KC. My wife lived there for a while, and still has lots of friends there. I'd like to see your car in person. I've got a 30 A coupe build in my future.

To reinforce what others have said..............DON'T ever sell it!!

24. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

Well still no progress on this car while i'm in school, but I've got parts laying around ready to go on as soon as the car is out of storage.

I've been looking for some new rear end gears to replace the 3.08 gears I have in it now. I finally bit the bullet and just ordered a complete posi unit from speedway. I spent forever debating on what gears to go with, and finally my dad talked me into some 4.11's. I was concerned about doing highway speeds but I guess I never get much over 60 in this thing.

I also picked up a turbo 350 at a swap meet in Lincoln. I had big dreams for a 4 speed, but I just couldn't imagine getting my big feet under the dash to work 3 pedals (two is hard enough in this tiny thing). Plus the 4 speed i had laying around will make it's way into another good home. To top off the th350 I ordered B&M's street rod shifter. I wanted something I could put any knob on and I hate the look of the lokar adaptor.

Finally to hop up the bone stock 283 a little more I also went ahead and ordered a new cam. I got the summit 1103. Hopefully it's not to much cam. I'm no expert but it seems pretty mild.

I'm hoping to have the intake, cam, transmission, and rear end gears all in within a week after I get done with the semester of school. The order I'm thinking is..
    1.cam (make sure I get the new cam all dialed in before messing with the intake)
    2.rear end gears
    3.intake
    4.transmission

Sorry I don't have anything for you all to look at, I guess you can enjoy this boring picture of my new trans...
    [​IMG]

25. n847

n847

Great build thread here man! I like the work you guys are doing! I understand what you're saying about the stick. I wonder how these guys do it all the time!

26. raven

raven

Like the car, you're doing good work.
    One question I feel needs asking, do you think that intake is a bit much for a 283?
    r

27. Jimi-Neutron

Jimi-Neutron

Sweet Car!

Any idea what the speedo is from?

28. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

I don't know. I guess we will all just have to wait and see. If it is I can always through some block of plates under a couple of carbs

29. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

The speedo is from a 49-51 ford I'm not sure what year exactly.

30. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Awesome car and story too! Best to you and yours!