Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why couldn't it be a barn find.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pensive Scribe, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Many threads on this board go, either got my ride smucked today or lookie what I found. Many a time I've simpathised with the poster or shared someone's joy. Well I'd rather have a barn find.

I spent hours last year cherrying out an old one ton for towing my car trailer, because the newer truck I had was an electronic nightmare. I got the front end wiped out today by an ignorant driver.

It's OT for this forum, but I cared about it as much as my other antiques.

This sucks I want the barn find luck. Any one want to trade fortunes?

Doug.

2. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Well, you're still typing so could have been worse. Old 1 tons are cheap and easy to find. Fix it up or get another. Part of life. Be glad you are still on this side of the grass. Good luck with it.

3. Y-Blokkah

Y-Blokkah
    from Anna, Tx

About 30 years ago, I spent 3 days getting a 55 Mainline Tudor out of a barn because I wanted the Y-Block in it.

Problem is, I had to get it out around two Junkers that I had no use for t te time.
    The farmer didn't want any of them, and he was not happy tat I didn't haul away all 3 of the junk cars in his barn.
    The other two cars I had to move to get the 55 Tudor out?
    Well, one was a 426 hemi powered first generation Charger, and the other one was a 68-69 big block Chevelle......

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Ouch.

5. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Doug - sorry to hear about the one ton. Hope you are ok. At least it will be easier to replace than your coupe would have been. I wish you some of that old barn find luck!

Steve

6. Y-Blokkah

Y-Blokkah
    from Anna, Tx

It's so, so sad to have a narrow focus of thought... Funny thing, other than appreciating hose muscle cars for what they are, I'd never own one.. Too new

7. Doug... I just found a '54 Ford 2-door ranch wagon. Been sitting for 30+ years. It can be had for $250. Not the most sought after car, but...

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

8. Sort of good news. Driver of the other car was charged for failing to yield. Now the fight to keep my truck starts. Even her insurance company has deemed her 100% responsible.

9. kennkat

kennkat

Well... I can't help you with the Barn Find, but how about I share my recent bad day... Just so you know you are not alone..... The day my "Work Truck" broke its 9" Ford left rear axle..... Some days are just shit!

Attached Files:

10. kennkat

kennkat

Yea those insurance companys!!!! I am having trouble collecting my $475 tow bill from "AAA" ... They were 40 min to 1 hr away (I pay for this?) from getting to me and the CHP had other ideas!!! So I called a local company "Technique Towing" that I regularly use for transporting customer cars and they were there in 15 min! But now I must collect from "AAA"!:mad:

11. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

So your local crew who you feed work to was only 15 min. away and they are charging you $475 to help you out with your own tow in a pinch? So why is it $475? Seems beyond unreasonable. Maybe AAA is having the same thought?

12. kennkat

kennkat

It was still a 75 mile tow home

13. Well maybe with our bad days under our belts things will roll smoother.

14. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

It rains on the just and the unjust. Attitude is so important in life. Its too bad that your truck got wrecked but I am sure you have lots to be grateful about...not the least of which is you are okay to work on it another day. And I bet that someday soon you will find that barn find. Like the "American picker" guys say, they find stuff cause they ask. I find that to be true in my own life as well. Good luck!

15. kennkat

kennkat

:):):) Yes Sir! You are so correct.. I certainly do not dwell on the bad, Just fix it and move on...Counting my lucky stars it did not end up in the ditch!:):):):)

16. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Pensive.. what are you looking for?

17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Doug, how did this mess pan out? Did you get the truck back?

18. I took the rear power window motors for another project out of a '63-66 Rivvy in a junk yard in 1977 or so and passed on the 425, dual quad, alum, valve cover, switch pitch 400 for $100.

What was I thinking?