Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ***##!!..friday art show attack..!!##***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BOMONSTER, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amazing!!

2. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

Is this an original piece( since you signed it) or a Photoshopped photo?

3. Fool Injection

Fool Injection

If you have to ask, then I'll take that as a compliment. :D

Not Photoshop per se, but it is a doctored photograph of mine.

Whether I'm creating with my pencils or my PC, the result still takes a lot of time & effort.

4. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

I asked because I wanted to see what you said, not because I didn't know the answer OR the Photoshop filter you used (diffuse). I have no problem with someone posting a pic of a Photoshopped photo, but then post it as such. Pushing some buttons and adding a signature doesn't make it art. I'll say it again, if you make the decisions it's art. If the computer makes the decisions, it's not. This is the Friday ART show, not the Friday button pusher show.

5. Fool Injection

Fool Injection

But the computer isn't making the decisions, is it? It's just an alternative medium.

6. I'd always assumed you were using your own photos and filtering them with your computer which is a legitimate form of experimentation. Some times, however, it can come across kind of cheap and uninspired. That is not meant to take away from your work, if itself. Inspiration means something different to every artist and is influenced by each person's level of experience.
    That can validate your reason for considering it art from your perspective, which, to me, is admirable.
    There is an art to 'fine photography' and it involves tons of experimentation and tons of dedication. I'd love to see you get that experience behind the camera with some professional guidance and see how far you can really take your skills. You obviously have a blast with the work you're producing, I say kick it up a notch and see what you can do if you let your eye and the camera produce the beautiful imagery not the computer.
    Don't be dissuaded by our comments, rather, use them as positive, constructive critiques and to inspire you to push yourself, rather than the "buttons".
    KEEP POSTING and have fun!!!

Great show everyone.

Wez! Love the Merc!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  7. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

If that's what you believe, then what you just typed is also a good example of your "artwork". Typing in letters takes as much effort and creativity as applying a Photoshop filter. All I'm saying is unless you are embarassed to say it's a Photoshop filtered peice, then post it as one. There is no shame in not in not being able to create a complete peice in Photoshop, but there is in passing something off that it's not.

8. ..here's a couple Chevy's...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. flamos

flamos
    from idaho

Nice job Sambo! Love the colors. Flamos

10. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

and thats a Wrap....Next week ..same Bat channel,..same Bat Station............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.