Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1937 to 1942 Willys Picture Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Willys, Jan 15, 2011.

1. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

You're right hoop, they came with Hemis :D

2. hoop

hoop

My mistake.I forgot about that.

3. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. Weasel

Weasel

Widened stock wheels, 1937-40 passenger hubcaps, wipers above roof say 1937-40, smoothie running boards - says resto rod to me....

5. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

Since were picken got to mention the glass nose.

6. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

IS THIS STOCK TOO ? :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

7. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

8. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Thanks :) All I know is, it wasn't a gasser. And that's a shame.

9. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

10. Critical Mass

Critical Mass

I thought they came stock with a blown Chrysler hemi!

11. My Hemi must have been swapped out for a flat four!! JW :)

12. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

I finally get to play in this thread. Here's my 38 I just picked up a week ago. Pulled the nose off last night and set this glass 40 on it to see how it fits. The fun begins!

[​IMG]

13. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

Oh yeah lookin good now :cool:, GUNNA LEAVE THE SCOOPS IN DA HOOD ?

14. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

^
    I'm thinkin so Rocky. They're kinda growing on me! Time to get the nose sky-high on this thing..

15. Rocky that blue pickup from the gasser files video is still a gasser and owned by a friend of mine. In that video, it was raced in BB/Gas with a Blown sbc. Its the blue pickup in post #14 of this thread, first page.

Carlie

16. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Hi Weasel, a little insight for you in regards to the Sedan Delivery pictured buddy. That car is in fact an American 1940 Sedan converted to a Sedan Delivery. The car was bought as a sedan from New Zealand and shipped to Australia by a good friend of mine, I am the guy who did the conversion to the sedan to transform it in to what i thought would be as close to what an original Sedan Delivery would have looked like if they had ever been made from the factory. I just got to learn how to post pictures and i can put up some pictures of the conversion as i was doing it.
    Thanks, Kenny.;)

17. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

THANKS CARLIE -GOTTA LUV THEM TRUCKS!!! :cool: PS HOPE ALL YOU GUYS ON THE EAST COAST ARE ALL OK ...DEALT WITH MANY STORMS DOWN HERE FOR SURE ... NO FUN

18. Bashnscratch

Bashnscratch

Hi Kenny not sure if you will remember me but I met you a few years back, I was down there with John T looking at your sedan you were thinking of selling. Heard you got married? and things were going well? Anyway just wanted to say Hi and congrats. Oh yeah and the Delivery looks awesome good on ya mate

Bash

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  19. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

Anyone intersted 41 steel coupe on ebay :)

20. Stock 37 Willys eats Hot Rodder !! Me with my 37 in 83 at the Port Rd Drags, Wellinton, NZ.[​IMG]

21. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Hi Bash,

I sure do remember you buddy. Hope all is well for you and that John is not giving you a hard time...... I still have the 33 Willys sedan, and i am keeping it now and will be doing something with it. I am doing real good and married life is just sweet, you met Libby, she is a good girl. I will be making another 40/41 Delivery in the near future for another guy, this time i will be making it out of a TJR 1937 Willys sedan, so if anyone has a flat trunk lid they would sell me, i would be interested as this will make my job easier as the Australian Willys have a wider and a hump back trunk lid. Talk again real soon Bash.

Cheers, Kenny.

22. 39WILLZ

39WILLZ

Hey Kenny ive got a shipment coming in from South Africa soon there should be a Trunk lid in there if it helps but it will be in England. cheers Wayne

23. Bashnscratch

Bashnscratch

Kenny I've got a couple but again shipping would be a corker!:eek:

but let me know

Bash

24. Weasel

Weasel

Yes Kenny - major brain fade - a mate of mine has one (for sale) - a 1937 but his has the sides smoothed in like a 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery. Over 660 hours of metal work to do the conversion. I prefer your rear door treatment though as it follows the stock rear panel contours. There are quite a few conversions around. the factory never made a Sedan Delivery until the jeep based model in 1946. They made the 1935/36 Panel Delivery and then the very rare art deco Panel Delivery from 1938-1940, but nothing like a converted sedan....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. I remember the 40 sedan in new Zealand, it came from the South Island and was for sale for long time for $4k. I think Andy Wilkie had it. Was it green ? JW

26. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

I will wait and see if i can source something a bit closer to home, but i will keep you guys in mind for when i start the conversion, probably be after Christmas i am guessing. Thanks.

27. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Hi Weasel,

I have those exact same symptoms myself sometimes buddy.:eek: The guy who owned the 40 i did asked me my opinion on how i would do the job before i tackled it, and he through around the idea of doing it smooth like the 37 you posted the picture of, and i was not real keen on doing the smooth side look, i wanted to carry on the gutter the full length to enhance the desired look of the delivery as if it were a factory made item. In truth i also wanted to add a rear gutter over the rear door i made also, but the owner wanted it smooth, so i did what he asked. He actually wanted me to make it in to a stretched 2 door sedan at first, i talked him out of it obviously.:D Thanks, Kenny.

28. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

29. All apologies if this one was already posted but here was another killer combo in its day: Chrysler engineer Pete McNichol with his slant six-powered Willys 37. Shown here is the class winner photo at the US Nationals in Indy. He was also a charter member of the Ram Chargers.

[​IMG]

30. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

did any of you guys catch the 41 coupe on ebay blue one. over 100k in it he hit a pole and it basically cut it in half...:( i feel for that cat even though not steel lot of work out the window.