Register now to get rid of these ads!

hilborn help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by qiksix, Nov 2, 2012.

1. qiksix

qiksix
    from australia

Hey guys, i'm from oz and new to the hamb and hoping someone can help.

I have a chevy v6 with stack injection, it idles/runs fine but i can’t seem to get good throttle responce, there’s no flat spot or hesitation just slow revving.
    I tried changing barrel valve settings, secondary pressures and blanking valves but nothing seems to work, not sure if it’s fuel,spark or timing related, was just wondering if nozzles were to small.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
    Specs;
    Chevy v6 266ci(350 missing 2 cyl.)
    Brodix -10 heads
    Msd 6al/msd distributor(34*in by 1200rpm)
    Hilborn 2 1/16 stacks
    Crower b/v(leak test @ 37%)
    Kinsler 510 nozzles(hilborn #12)
    Kinsler ½ pump
    <o:p> </o:p>
    It’s in a 2300lb car ran 7.6s@90mph 1/8<SUP>th</SUP> mile, 60ft @ 1.65.
    Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
    <O:p</O:p

2. BootleggerJim

BootleggerJim
    from SC

I think there's something you have over looked in the fuel system. But I would lock out the advance and set timing at 38 to 40. The little motors love timing. I always cranked mine on 24 volts, high timing, or you can ad a cranking retard box.....Happy Motoring......

3. Normbc9

Normbc9

Hillborn is still in business. They still have Tech help too. Google them up. They help a lot of people like us.
    Normbc9

4. Mad Mouse

Mad Mouse

Wow, sounds like you are way too rich on both ends mate. We run no. 6 nozzles on gas, and leak the Bv at 10 to 13 percent, don't know what pump you are running, but we have a Hilborn 150A. Good luck
    Dennis

5. qiksix

qiksix
    from australia

Yeah i must be missing something i'll download the kinsler book. It's on alcohol thats why i was thinking nozzles might be small, i look at other sbc and they seem to run around a #16 with same size port/bore size. If i lean the bv down to much it hesitates and squeaks through the butterflys. How important is the shape of the spool in drag racing, the old one was worn so turned up a new one, got the width right but ? on ramp shape.

6. oldtom69

oldtom69
    from grandin nd

try #16 or #18 nozzles and leak the barrel valve at about 18% to 20%-these are numbers from a alky sprint car [old]wonder if your too rich on the b/v to overcome the small nozzles? 1/2 pump is plenty big ,always ran a -0

7. qiksix

qiksix
    from australia

that was my thought also but? i'll try and get a hold of a set of #16s.

8. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Folks at Hilborn are good. I needed to replace some small pieces a couple of weeks ago, they put 'em in an envelope and mailed them. Told me there would be an invoice included - "just send us a check". I'm also running #16 nozzles and a -0 pump on alky.