Register now to get rid of these ads!

East coasters + Sandy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LOPESphotographics, Oct 29, 2012.

1. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Damn...still no power, that means no water, either (well and septic) Barely keeping the house warm...very small gas stove downstairs. Still, very grateful we didn't have the damage we could have had, with all the trees around here (yeah, some parts of NJ have trees! lots of them!)
    Just 10 miles east, devastation.

2. The power is back on ,the downed trees are cut up and stacked and things are returning to normal for me and the family.All things considered we were pretty lucky !

3. maniac

maniac

Still on generator power here in the Danbury area, all in all very little damage, other than the downed wires, very little rain just wind.

All the gas stations are up and running, no lines or anything like that.

We got off pretty easy compared to others.

4. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I was very lucky. Never lost power, interwebz or cable. Lots of wind and a few trees came down, but I got away unscathed. And I got more free firewood out of it!

5. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

I like the gen on my flathead, not so much on the house.. looks like 2 more weeks before power is back here.. Might have to stay with friends soon, no gas to be had here in Morris County.. Shits getting REAL!

6. Model T1

Model T1

I know, life and health are more important than anything. But imagine the loss of old cars after any storm. Here in NW Florida we were very lucky to be missed. But anytime we get hurricane or tornado warnings I think about the old cars as much as our bodies.
    These natural disasters are another reason there are less cars to play with since they were first made.
    Good luck everyone.

7. I got out of it okay, only lost power for maybe 6-7 hours and I was sleeping anyway. Never lost my cable & internets. Lines for gas of course, I filled up on Sunday so I'm good for another week. Seen gas tankers making deliveries too.

Lots of traffic lights are still out, but everyone is dealing with it nicely. Finally went back to work today, the facility was closed the past 2 days, so I get paid for it. Some people I work with lost cars and probably their houses too, I don't think a couple of them can be saved.

Lindenhurst & Babylon south of 27A is still underwater in some places. Rescues were being done by boat.

Bob

8. pila38

pila38

After three days, the power just came back on in Edison. Aaaaah...the sound and feel of steam heat has never been better.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

9. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

I was supposed to be arriving in Austin right now for The Revolution. . . instead I'm in NY running my computer off a car battery!

10. jpm49c

jpm49c

Arizona's APS and SRP are sending (as we speak) 100 line grew members and about 40 boom and line trucks to the area by National Guard Cargo planes.

11. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

I can't speak for Repo man, but the other two are doing ok.

12. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My son went that way on Tues. from PG&E--they sent about 160 Line folks and the trucks. Just heard they are sending another 120 linemen and equipment. Haven't talked to my son since he left --too busy I'm sure. Hope for the best for all of you in the area.

13. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Power company today said Nov 11th for power........Total miscommunication between power companies and Highway dept. Trees down that Highway can remove but Power Co says no. Cluster Phuck

14. chiro

chiro

As of this morning, still at least 60% of Long Island without power. I have freinds on the south shore that had four feet of water in their house. Many HUGE trees down all over. fights and even a shooting over gas. WTF, do these people think it's "The Road Warrior" around here???

Time for everybody to just calm down and take it easy.

15. '65 nova

'65 nova
    from New Jersey

..ok, well I'm still here - just got power back after 5 days, WOW - and we didn't have a generator. Trees and power lines down throughout our community, kinda scary. No land phone, internet and problems with AT&T. But that's over cause I'm back on HAMB. Neighbors came together, hung out with the wife, transistor radio & battery powered lights got us through. Neighboring South River and Sayreville got hammered here because of the tides, winds & power of nature. Things are getting better...
    mac

16. LongT

LongT

We made out OK in Allentown, PA. Lost power for 20 hours. I had the hot rod up on jack stands in case of flood. My area did not get enough rain to flood. COOL!!

My mother-in-law has a house on Long Beach Island, NJ. We made out OK there as well. Mostly just clean-up. No one is allowed on the island but my son-in-law is a TV camera man. His station sent him and a reporter to the shore. He went to LBI and inspected our house. Watrer in the basement and debris in the yard. Living area was fine. We are happy.

Picture below after the storm of our house. The roads are paved but now covered with sand from the beach.

[​IMG]

17. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Alabama Power Co. was there this morning, but the Union turned them away...said with Union cards, they couldn't help.

18. I'm Back!:D Five long days without power.:mad: Lots of cleanup but no real damage,so I can't complain.:rolleyes: Plus I bought another 32 Ford today and got my power back tonight.:eek: Special Thanks to GregCt for hauling it from Ma. to CT.
    I pray everyone that has been affected by this storm is safe.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  19. Donnj

Donnj
    from North NJ

20. fleetside66

fleetside66

The guys on our street here in PA were from Alabama & I thanked them for their efforts...we didn't turn them away. The power just came on after four days.

21. These guys, union or not, are really the unsung heroes of disasters. Out in the weather, day and night, and one wrong move are they are done. God bless them.

22. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks like lots of line crews heading your way--should help speed up the restoration efforts--did it 45 years. Thoughts are with all of you--stay safe!!

23. a-rooster

a-rooster
    from denver co.

God bless you all.--- Youll make it. Our Prayers from Colorado will be with you.

24. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

I've seen crew and line trucks headed south through Maine all week . They have a big job ahead of them.

25. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Here in Point Pleasant there's massive devastation, still no power, land line telephone, cable or Internet (other than the IPhone) in my area. I want to thank not only my Lopers club brothers but also my friends in California for their calls of concern.
    Special thanks to the famous Pat Pryor and his lovely girl Amy for working with us on our house today to get the wetness out, thanks guys. Jim

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

26. thehazguy

thehazguy

We were luckily Only three days without power at home in NW NJ. Our place in Ocean County (16 miles) inland seemed to make out OK according to our neighbors. Haven't seen it yet. Still out of power at the office been running on generators since Wednesday everyone had Tuesday off. Gas lines are crazy, rationing starts tomorrow (odd/even days) Not complaining so may more have lost everything. My son got water in his house in Brick just off the bay. The shore area will not be the same too many lives were lost. Folks are in shock. God bless them all and our prayers are with them. LOOTERS SUCK

27. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Just got power back, a crew from Minnesota got it working!! I offered them a 30 pack of PBR but they couldnt take it.. Nor-Easter forecasted for Wed. Round 2, DING!

28. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

Talked to my brother in law today in NNJ ..loss of power 72 hrs. No PSE&G or O&R his power comes from Butler Electric a co-op of towns around were he lives.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

29. I just saw 18-20 Elec Co trucks headed north from S.Texas headed up to help out...
    Hope they dont have the same "Union" problems the guys from Alabama did...

30. maniac

maniac