Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects i just want something to cruise.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by indawaitinroom, Jun 24, 2011.

1. QuarterLifeCrisis

QuarterLifeCrisis
    from NY

This thread delivers. Absolutely impressive craftsmanship. It's nice to see there are east coast guys doing this kind of work in garages with their own two hands.

2. Marten

Marten

Why are you being zo negative?? Your doing such a great job!

3. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

that was my thought after looking this over.
    hang in there, the car is looking good.
    its your car, make it the way you want it and get behind the wheel.

4. i appreciate everyones positive comments.

i sectioned the lid because of the body section. there is one picture posted so far of sectioning the doors, but much like the trunklid pics, youd almost have to be a 53-54 chevy wiz to understand exactly what is going on. not that i claim to be an expert, but images of the inner structure shapes of this car haunt my nightmares.

sorry for being so negative guys, its just been tough to get motivated into this car, my mind begins to spin thinking about all the miles of sheetmetal fab i have left to do, and how drained my ambition/inspiration/desire to build cars anymore/bank account is, and sometimes i just want to throw in the towel. jump on my bike, pedal into town, steal a nice refrigerator box and park it out behind a Big Lots store and just collect cans all day.

5. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Hey Mat,
    Your car is coming along great!!! You have done SO much work on it! Don't give up! It's gonna so be KILLER! The proportions are outstanding, and the profile is just badass! Seriously, you should consider putting it in the show i told you about, maybe it will motivate you! haha I'm gonna keep checking back on this thread! Good Luck with it brother!

6. bfinch56

bfinch56

7. hotdamn

hotdamn

seriously bro I think this is certainly one of the best 53/4 builds I have ever seen!!!

and god knows those cragars look rad :D

8. tjmercury

tjmercury

Low and lean....lookin great!!!

9. Just went through the whole thread. Top notch fabrication! Looking forward to seeing the progress.

10. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

No Matt, Be negitive....f@ck that car...its been cut worse than Joan Rivers and theres no bringing it back....dump it...theres a BigLots right around the corner from me and it will fit in with the other shit in the hood**be sure to leave the cragars and 5.20s on it tho--jus saying!

Tony if your reading this...help a brother out with a truck and trailor then meet me around the corner of BigLots!! :) I got beers and wings on it.

11. Marten

Marten

I know what feeling you're talking about, I have the luck to work on my project with a good friend(s)! So when I'm the negative one, he kicks my balls and tells me to shut up and move on!!
    Its also that my car is stored at his workplace...he's motivated to get it on the road asap..just for the space haha!

12. Tony

Tony

hahahahahaha..i do like beer and wings!

13. nali

nali

I missed this one ....
    I hate this kind of thread ... After seeing this, when I go to my garage and try to work on my car, I just think I m just making sh..t :p

14. haha, i appreciate the willingness to help remove these burdens from my life, but unlike any sane person, im not ready to throw in the towel 100% yet. my inspirational battery is low, i just gotta find a good way to recharge.

spent some time on it this evening, worked on the inner wheel tubs. nothing worth taking pictures of yet, these panels are the worst ones i have had to fabricate so far on this car. i know, some of you are probably thinking, "fuck man just throw a set of trailer fenders in there and forget about it!" im too retarded for that. if there is a hard way, i will find it.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  15. Tony

Tony

I can truly relate to that!
    Just keep at it. My ambition was extremely low on my 32 as well, so much so that i tried selling it a couple years back. Some how it just changed.
    It will for you too man..trust me. Especially when you start getting the heavy tin work squared away. It'll be ALL worth it!
    Now, send in the papers for the Cavalcade! Steve said he'd try and get your car and my shitbox together..it'll be a good time!

Tony

16. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

HAHA! shitbox...
    Get welding Mat! Your's and Tony's car would look great next to each other in the show!

17. premature victory dance.

[​IMG]

18. Colinm

Colinm

Keep us updated. Your motivating everyone on the Hamb

I know I am

Keep up the amazing work

19. thesupersized

thesupersized

somehow i never saw this thread. the proportions are excellent and the metalwork is amazing! nice work! whats the plans for headlights/taillights/grill??

20. 4444Design

4444Design

21. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

22. bonesy

bonesy

Outstanding build. Wow.

23. speaks

speaks
    1. 4 door kustoms

Man, I don't normally post on here but this is one of the best build threads I have ever seen. Proportionally the car is perfect, the chassis is awesome and even the crager's suit it perfectly. Keep charging ahead man, your 53 is going to be epic when its done.

Thanks for giving me some motivation to get back into my own build.

24. hunter1111

hunter1111

great build quality. what are your plans for the back window?

25. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

Kool ride so far. Don't get to down about it. At least you have the funds to get this far. I have a roller Model A chassis that I bought three years ago with the intent on building a rod. With my family life and lack of funds it may not happen for many more years to come. I watch everyone else building and it gives me hope to someday show my progress on this site!!! Just hope it's soon!!!! Love what you're doing here, great lookin' build!!!

26. Well now that you've killed my self esteam, I'm going out into the garage and throw my tools away. Apparently they are broken.

27. ccarnut

ccarnut
    from hays, ks

beautiful build. wish i had your skill.

28. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

LOL mine must be broken too :confused:

29. twisted sister

twisted sister
    from chicago

awesome work bro! car looks bitchin! keep up the good work

30. Uncle Jess

Uncle Jess
    from Western Ny

Not sure how I missed this one for so long , outstanding dude. Your a very talented guy with great vision and execution. Keep going.