Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 41 plymouth coupe 392 hemi build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by farmer12, Apr 7, 2010.

1. 48plysled

48plysled

I think your well on your way with your schedule and work pace. Keep up the good work.

2. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Good work again!
    I think few louvers for the inner fenders is a good idea.
    Well...it cant be bad,because they put them on shoeboxes in factory:D

3. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks Steve. My buddy is basically going to make the louvres and bend a few sides of the inner fender. From there on I'll need to cut/bend/hammer it into the correct shape.

Thank you 48plysled. I'm certainly trying to pace myself, more so than ever before. I don't want to rush these last couple of months just so that I can bring it to the bodyshop sooner. I think december is realistic. (which by the way is exactly 3 years since I started on this project.:D)

4. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks Finnrodder. I think it certainly won't hurt getting some airflow happening underneath the hood, despite the fact that the summers aren't that hot here in northern Europe. And the louvres will look cool and custom.:D

5. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Just curious...How long those louvers are?
    I guess if they are a bit longer than usually are seen on the hoods etc,could be good for the air flow.

6. Plung

Plung
    from San Diego

Got to agree with D-Russ. I've lurked here a long time before I joined up and this is one of the few build threads that I've followed pretty much from day 1. Farmer12 never stops amazing me with his talent and vision. Can't wait to see it in paint either. By the time your finished, the magazines will be hassling you for a photoshoot!

7. 48plysled

48plysled

I agree. Really shows the kind of work that can be put out with simple hand tools and just taking your time and paying attention to detail. He does some awesome work.

Farmer if I could I'd get ya to move over to my parts and come workin in my shop. Little far of a haul for ya buddy.

8. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

Great idea for the louvered inners! I wish I had a buddy with a louver press. all my friends are dorks.

9. speed v8

speed v8

Farmer12, you can come and work on my car anyday. Love the custom work you do. This car is going to be one of the best customs in Europe. Awesome!

10. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you for the kind words Dave, it's appreciated. I can nearly smell the paint.....just a few months to go.:D

11. your engine bay will come out killer, Eric! the louvers are a nice idea and sensful, too, and by thinking of what kind a engine you'll ride, i'd like to say: i - smell - smoke !!! i'm counting weeks with you, bud!

12. farmer12

farmer12

Ha, thanks Carsten. Picking up the louvred sheet metal tomorrow. Hope it came out nice. Then I'll probably be in the garage for most of the day modifying it and trying to make one side fit. All part of the game.:D

13. lookin' forward to see the shots from your hemi compartment! a shame, on new years eve i'm in Mönchengladbach, but it's still about 150 miles from you, what would i give to take a look at your Plymouth, but never say never! got a new daily driver, which is waiting to make some more high score on its odo! a Mercedes Station wagon to haul Betties bits 'n pieces! :D a pleasure to know you! Cheers, Eric!

14. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you Mick for the positive words. Like I've said before somewhere during the build, I think it's patience and perseverance that make a build work. And yes, a few magazines have shown some interest so far, but it's not much use until the car is finished.

Thank you 48plysled. It's amazing what you can do with a hammer and dolly. And if something doesn't work out, start again or keep modifying. Remember, it's only metal.:D

15. Jimbacca

Jimbacca

Great project. Love the engine and intake setup.

16. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks Brand Apart. A little airflow never hurts I guess.

Thank you speed v8. It will at least be one of the few customs here in Europe with a 392. Thanks for the kind words and glad you like the work.

17. farmer12

farmer12

Picked up my louvered inner panels this morning, they came out looking great. Then before I even had a chance to take a pic, I started modifying them. The front edge will be bolted onto the radiator support and the rear to the firewall. The top part is slighlty curved so it can follow and be attached to the fender. A lot more modifications are still required, but at least I now have a good starting point. More next week.:D

Just a little side note: I did have room for 13 or 14 louvers but figured 12 would be cooler..........farmer12.

Attached Files:

18. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Thats going to look like killer under the hood!

19. x2 :D

20. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks guys. Next week I'll be able to show you how it came out after the necessary modifications.

21. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks Jimbacca. Here are a few more pics of the beast.:D

Attached Files:

Car likes this.
  22. Car

Car
    from the desert

Those louvered inner fenders are going to look great next to that Hemi!

23. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67
    from J Town

Beautiful car!
    Best part is they're more the half the price of a same year Ford.

24. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks Car.

25. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you evojoe67! Half the price and better looking, what more do you want? :D. The 40/41 Plymouths appear to getting more and more popular here on the Hamb over the past few years and rightfully so.:D

26. farmer12

farmer12

Just bought these great 51 Plymouth hubcaps from Rog, LuckyFordGuy here on the Hamb. I think these will look a lot nicer than the 57 Cad hubcaps I planned on using. Can't wait to see these babies on my car. Thanks again Rog!

Attached Files:

Car likes this.
  27. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Man thats some nice stuff!:D

28. exterminator

exterminator

Farmer,i think your plymouth has been an inspiration for all of us who own these plymouths and i can't wait until you have this car on the road. Exterminator

29. Awesome choice! those will look so cool, and they have the right emblem in the centre! :)
    I think this awesome mopar would have thrown those GM hubcaps off of her anyway . . .

30. thinkfink

thinkfink

Excellent decision. Those will look great Eric.