Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. HotRodHon

HotRodHon

Btrsweet, I'm building one of these for a buddy.
    Could I get this same truck in a Teal with black fenders n running boards?

[​IMG]
    Appreciate it. Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  2. now THAT'S what i'm talkin' bout. nice and smooth. how about white where the teal is, then a nice orange where the black is, then vice-versa oh yeah, i hate to do this, but shave it (mostly) clean, it'll go with the smooth look.

3. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

4. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

I have never been a big on yellow but I really like this look. If you don't go over board it looks good.

[​IMG]

5. HotRodHon

HotRodHon

Yo Da MAN ! Thanks

6. hot_rod_bones

hot_rod_bones
    from topeka, ks

i like the teal and black on the truck, real nice

7. SwedeVedette

SwedeVedette

Thanks btrsweet, looks great!

8. amsgd

amsgd
    from England

I was swaying between the red and the green but I will have a think about this one too. I was trying to think about colours that may lend themselves to one of the bike projects I'm doing so I could do a chop or a bagger in a similar combo.
    Ps Loved your Pontiac Chieftain version.

9. Pugly

Pugly

Could Y'all do me one more......

Black on the bottom, red in the middle with a black top: and then reverse it red top black middle and red bottom... with the trim for the beltline.... and looking at my notes on the lower picture ... maybe a cut off where the lower line of the car is in the back.
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance

I was looking for something like this.... but I don't have the trim.... My belt line may also be too high for this to come out right..
    [​IMG]

10. MOguy

MOguy

Here's the first part of your request. I'm not really clear on what you wanted with the detail line at the rear.

Attached Files:

11. Pugly

Pugly

hard to explain...My car is the base Belvedere, the example I posted has the "sport trim" ... The stainless trim line at the rear of that car is lower than mine, It is below the gas lid, so you get more red. That trim also stops in the door, so the whole front fender is red.

I was saying to go off of that lower line but go completely thru the door and front fender.. Not using my current stainless trim as the divider line, but using the lower line, (the one that isn't there :) )

Did that make any sense? :)

Thanks for the help... Hope I don't sound to picky.

12. MOguy

MOguy

Like this?

Attached Files:

13. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

Cant say I like the color change under the trim like this but here it is, I did ones with the trim moved down to match. also a black with red trim and roof kinda looks cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Pugly

Pugly

Thanks. I am thinking we are deciding on the two tone black/red/black. I tried lots of different paint samples but could never find one i really liked on the car.. I originally wanted black, the misses was trying to sway me off of it... But it's Back to black

15. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

It is a hard body to pull anything off with just paint. here is a go.

[​IMG]

16. TABLAY

TABLAY

can someone paint the wheels black and give em "spider caps". don't know how to make photo bigger?!

Attached Files:

17. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

here is your truck a bit darker like ya asked,

[​IMG]

18. Pugly

Pugly

Wow.. yer right, that's why I am having so much trouble trying to pick something other than black. The car has a 493CI Big Block in it and when finished I wanted to wind up with a menacing look. The wifey didn't want all black..especially the satin black I was originally planning. That's an interesting paint scheme. I like it..but it looks like the hood would need some color also... can't do stripes on the hood, that's to 60's-70's

19. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

This looks a bit more menacing

[​IMG]

20. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

21. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Can someone do some wheel changes for me? I'm thinking either chrome revearse with smooth caps or something along the lines to a three bar hubcap. I know, dirty dusty, it had been in dads barn for close to 20 years and this was the only side view I had. Can the color be redone too? Like freshen up the white, but change the brown to either some gold or something copper? We've got a 2007 HHR that is a copper color and that may be nice with the white. Let's see what you guys can come up with. Thanks...

Attached Files:

22. michaelvz51

michaelvz51
    from So Cal
    1. HAMB Merc Club

Attention Wizards of photoshop:

Please take the trailer out of the photo, Add 57' Cadillac Caps, complete the 3 window conversion, add the front windows, add 55' Pontiac Safari Wide side trim fitted in the swoop of the door, add the round style rear view mirrors mounted on the lower door frame, chrome the front teeth and paint the car any two tone combinations you want.

Now there is a challenge! Here are some photos to use for your trick cut and past activities. I can provide more if you like.

This will be an honor to see what you come up with! Thanks, Michael V

Attached Files:

23. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

Tremendous amount of work you're asking for. Anything larger than that 160px x 97px trailer pic to start with..?

24. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Have you got a larger photo of it?

25. michaelvz51

michaelvz51
    from So Cal
    1. HAMB Merc Club

I can get larger photos soon if that will help. Thanks for the reply

26. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

27. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

[​IMG]

28. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

LOL I just noticed the front window looks like some ghost face mofo is pushing against it. Man well at least its not Kenny Rogers in there.

29. michaelvz51

michaelvz51
    from So Cal
    1. HAMB Merc Club

How about these?

Attached Files:

30. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Better, but still tiny... The bigger the photo the easier and faster it is for someone to make something with it, and it will turn out better too.