Register now to get rid of these ads!

59ab flatty with 8ba intake wire looms

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BillyBobsSpeedShop, Oct 28, 2012.

1. BillyBobsSpeedShop

BillyBobsSpeedShop

i have a 59ab tht i am ruuning in my coupe. i hve put an edelbrock dual carb intake from an 8ba flatty and the stock wire looms will not work. is there a different set of looms i need? i really like the stock set but jot sure how to make them work

Posted from Jalopyjournal.com App for Android

2. BillyBobsSpeedShop

BillyBobsSpeedShop

anyone with suggestions

3. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

ha, i tried this yesterday. Ive got a 59a with a fenton intake, and a pair of the 8ba looms. I cant figure it out, the carbs are both in the way.

4. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The 8BA Edelbrock (and most late regular dual intakes) have the generator mount offset slightly to the left, along with the oil fill and road draft ports that complicate the left side. Another problem (?) with late intakes on early engines will be the carbs tilted at 3 degrees, unless you're running an open drive line and have the engine at an angle. Then there's the engine ventilation and fuel pump issues.
    Why are you using a late intake on your 59? :)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012

5. BillyBobsSpeedShop

BillyBobsSpeedShop

It was given to me from my father inlaws uncle. It is an original block letter edelbrock intake. I am running open drive shaft under my coupe ith a banjo rear, have no problem with the carbs just the wire looms I have doesnt fit the bolt pattern of the intake.