Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Rik Hoving's FIRST Custom Car book

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rikster, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Excellent!!! Good for you Rik! I look forward to more books from you in the future. Just go ahead and put my name down for advance orders on every one you do! :) Can't wait to read this one. (A book on the Larry Watson photo collection is next right? ....I wish)

2. Like I said on facebook - can't wait!

3. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Should be good
    Congrats Rik

4. congrats, rik. tell you what if you do a shorter version of that on every good vintage kustom, i'd buy the whole set! free beer and giggles all around to pay off some hard work

5. Kustombuick

Kustombuick

F... Ya Rik, Sign me up for one of those and keep me on the list for ALL future books. Can't wait to see this, glad I'm making the trip to the GNRS, and a great book is a defanant bonus. Keep us up to date...Alan

6. man, this is going to be good. i can't imagine anyone better to put this together.

7. rik, i hope this works out well for you so you can write more.

8. O.Hove

O.Hove
    Member Emeritus
    from S.D.

Good job Rik, love customs.
    Put me down for one and any others you will be putting out.

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Awesome I will buy one at the GNRS....signed?

10. DANSLED

DANSLED
    from CW, Ohio

super news! i"ll buy one! just think of all the books you can write if you were to right about just 1 car in each book and cover all the cars on your incredible website!!

Thanks for all you do and continue to do for the world of Customs!

11. Rikster

Rikster

Little update....

After working on a project for more than a year it is really great to finally see a near end product.
    I'm in the middle of checking the print proofs of my book. The proofs are the first time I see all the pages in print at 100% and in the right colors. And wow... this proof makes me smile, the kind of smile that will last for days!
    Here is a quick photo of my desk with the proof of the cover and the book (separate pages) with material to check them. So far I have only found a few small text corrections I want to change, but over all I can say that it looks even better than I had hoped it would be. Well I better get back at checking some more pages and make sure it gets back to the printer so that they can start printing SOON!

[​IMG]

12. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Rik...

My friend, like I've told you before, I've always appreciated the FANTASTIC work you have done through the years !

You deserve much credit for helping to keep our Culture alive & well on the WWW with your superb Website...and, I hope this is just the first in a Series of volumes showcasing your phenominal collection of photos, info, and, hardwork, done on behalf of R&C diehards the World over !

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

13. Looking forward to this book.

14. eddie1

eddie1

Can't wait Rik, well done. I'm in for a copy.

15. I really want to read the interviews with Jim Street and hopefully will clear up many issues.

16. Congratulations Rik

Lucky i'm from the Netherlands too, so i'll have my copy soon :p;)

Hennie

17. Great News Rik!! Congratulations on the book. I will be looking to pick up a few copies.

-Dave

18. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hell yeah! I'm in, looks like a superb book! Though I could not imagine anything less from a H.A.M.Ber, and one of the most dedicated custom fans there is!
    Happy to pay for international postage, though I am wondering about the chance of getting a copy signed by both you Rik and Jack or would I be asking too much?
    Cheers mate and congratulations on completing your first book.

Doc.

19. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

Rik,

I'm looking forward to picking up a copy at GNRS and meeting you. I'm a fan of your work on threads like the Larry Watson photos and also your custom car blog. Your book will be icing on the cake.

20. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats Rik!

21. desotot

desotot

I'm on the hook, how do I go about getting one?

22. Congrats Rik..... I am really looking forward to this book,Jack's ford has always been one of my favorites.I believe that every surviving custom is worthy of a book to share it's history and Rik you are the person who should be telling this story of Jack's old custom.

I was lucky enough to see this car in Delmar right after the auction and right brfore it went to Palle in Denmark.It's pretty cool to be able to see it with no crowd around it and I was able to snap all the pictures I wanted.Most of the people at this show had no idea who or what this cars history was.It was there for sale in one of the buildings and it was special to see it just sitting there all alone,at least to me it was.This car was a part of most of the shows we all love reading about...... L.A. Armory show,Montebello and it was cruising the streets of Balboa for Balweek wearing white primer.Also...... Ayalas did a ton of the work on the car.Jack was telling me about their work on the car 2 weeks ago in Bakersfield.

I do have to admit I was a little bummed out when I heard this car was leaving the country but boy was I wrong.Palle ...it couldn't of went to a better home.You and your team including Rik have done a perfect job with this great piece of history.You guys have major respect and dedication to these great customs and I have a ton of respect for you guys for that.

Congratulations to all involved and I am really looking forward to January.

Rik, this book is going to be great,thanks for the dedication.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  23. ausbuick

ausbuick

Congrats Rik, I can't wait for the book!!!!
    Cheers Darren

24. speed v8

speed v8

nice work Rik.

25. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I can't wait!!!!!

26. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

Thanks Jeff..we are looking forward to meet you again in january!
    this book is a must for every custom car lover..
    seeyah
    -palle

27. R&C RON

R&C RON

Hey Rik, Congrats on the book , with your passion for Custom Car research I know it will be spectacular! Looking forward to seeing you in Pomona in January.

28. hopped up

hopped up
    from So Cal

Right on! Rik, I will also be looking forward for a copy.

29. Yaril

Yaril

simply amazing! Rik it was only natural that this be your next step. i look forward to the release of your book. congrats and great work as always!

Yaril