Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rochester, MN....What To Do??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tommy R, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Tommy R

Tommy R

Hey y'all,

I'm heading to Rochester, MN for two weeks for work. Any hot rod scene up there? Anything going on from 11/5 through 11/16? Just looking for some stuff to do while I'm there. :)

Thanks!
    Tommy

2. Hey Tom,If you wanna drive 70 miles north to the cities im sure you'd be able to find something to do.

3. Magnum Wheel Man

Magnum Wheel Man

You could see if you can get into Elmers car Museum ( I was there last fall about this time... but he closes soon for the winter )

Elmers is just across the river from Winona... ( about a 1/2 hour east ) I highly recommend it...

I'll see if I can find & attach a link...

Oops... sorry, already closed for the season... but definately worth while if you're back during the summer months...

http://www.elmersautoandtoymuseum.com/hoursschedule.html

4. 61 Fairlane

61 Fairlane

You can always go to the Mayo Clinic and get that burning sensation when you pee taken care of ;).

Sorry I cant help you but with interesting things to do but I couldnt resist the wisecrack.

5. rouye56wingnut

rouye56wingnut
    from mn.

I just hosted another metalshaping weekend but if you want to stop by there is every kind of metal fab equipment to play on .Lots of projects around to see . What are you doing in Rochester? Call if interested 507-263-7411 Dan

6. bryan6902

bryan6902

Not much for car events.... Try John Hardy's BBQ while you are there, they have 2 locations, delicious. There is some cool shit around, just the wrong time of year.

7. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Mayo has some very interesting art pieces on display. IMO, better than a museum. Well worth spending a day to look around. Stu

8. 28dreyer

28dreyer
    from Minnesota

I'm an hour and a half north in the Minneapolis suburb of Bloomington. I've been on the receiving end of requests like yours so I'll offer to keep you more than busy on Saturday the 10th with a variety of options amongst my acquaintences.

While I'm not primarily a hot rod guy, I do crossover into many areas. Can even take in a Cummins powered Rolls Royce that should be up your alley and just be up and running at that time.

Also have an acquaintance just south of Rochester maybe 15 minutes that might be available for an evening while you are there and he may also have some other local contacts for you.

Used to have a parts store in Rochester and ate not at, but with John Hardy's BBQ often while watching boxing (which used to be) on TV. I'm talking mid '80's here. John is long gone but his great ribs carry on.

I'm Art Abrahams

(952) 941-4623

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  9. bring long johns and snow skies
    rember this aint texas!!!

10. scoop

scoop

pm surfacedoctor he might be able to help you out.

11. worken2much

worken2much

There is the SPAM museum just down the road a bit in Austin, Minnesota. Google it...I'm not shittin ya.

Always could drop down to Strawberry Point, Iowa to see the worlds largest strawberry.

If you can work it into your travels, the spint car museum in Knoxville, Iowa is a must see

12. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Hahah:D

13. so_dak_kid

so_dak_kid

Rochester for me is Mayo Clinic and cancer checkups...If you like pizza, Bilotti's is a must!