Register now to get rid of these ads!

The

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SCOTT GILLEN, Oct 31, 2012.

1. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

The Rare 1932 Sedan Delivery

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

some guys up north do a great job recreating one out of a tudor sedan...Poteets car was one of them...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. BCR

BCR

Krylon32 had him work on his also. Might be Kemps but I am not sure.

4. BCR

BCR

5. Well lets see 404 built, hmmmmn, 200,000+ on the HAMB alone that would make your chances 0.2 in 100 of finding one among HAMB members alone, now factor in the hundreds of thousands of restorers and collectors not represented on the HAMB and the odds go down exponentially. Where are they all at no doubt someone is hording all 404 of them away.

I probably would not put an ardun or a halibrand under one unless I could come by a set of original Ardun heads (less of those made than the sedan delivery I beileve) and a magnesium halibrand. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  6. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

Heres a rear end shot of Lawson's Sedan delivery. Try to find one of those bumpers!

Attached Files:

7. According to the Early Ford V8 Club of Americas archives there were 406 sedan delivery's built.

58 V8's were built in the United States and that accounts for all the Model 18's,,there were 342- 4 cylinders built in the United States.

3- 4 cylinders were built in Canada and 3- 4 cylinder were built overseas,,none in Australia.

HRP

8. 1947vert

1947vert
    from Minnesota

The 32 Delivery is my favorite 32. Kemps in Michigan does a fantastic conversion from a tudor.

9. kennkat

kennkat

Well they are making New steel 40 Ford wannabees... maybe it's time for one of these....

10. Nope what they need to repop are those old vegetable venders with the soft sides. I'd get me one of those and go careening around the neighborhood hollaring, " vegies he'ah, get yo veggies he'ah. I gots carrots and collahd greeeens . . ." :rolleyes:

11. Weasel

Weasel

The production figures I have say body Type B-410 sedan delivery: first unit October 1932, last unit Jan 1933. Factories: Cincinnati, Norfolk and Memphis.

Domestic V8 58 units
    Domestic B 342 units

Canada 3 units Model B
    Mexico city 3 units Model B

Total 406 so HRP is right.

Weight 2592 lbs V8, 2492 lbs Model B. Weight body only 798 lbs

Jules Alvarez has a real one he has owned for many years. He brings it to the Outriders Picnic where he and others cook a killer tri tip - mmmm....;)

12. I don't think you took your medications this morning did you Beano? :D HRP

13. My buddy [and body man] Jimmy were just talking about this last night while slaving away on my 34's door jambs. He said he knows of a guy selling a roached out deuce 2 door sedan body. He showed me ,on a customer's 32, 2 door sedan in his shop, where to cut it and splice, fill the sides/c-pillars to make a delivery. I asked him if he could make up a back door from the sedan's skin and he said it's a lotta work but yeah, he could do it.
    I asked him to tell the guy I have something to swap for the 32 body...hope he goes for the swap. I'd love to cruise a 32 delivery, even if it was a counterfeit.

14. Did so took 'em twice. :D

15. outlaw256

outlaw256

well i did!!! thats why im laughing so much...lol see [​IMG]

16. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

A fairly standard attrition rate for any given vehicle is 8% per year.

So, with 406 built and only 92% of vehicles surviving each year, that means there is statistically one-half of one car left in 2012. lol

That doesn't account for the ones that were lost in WWII scrap drives or the ones that were destroyed to restore or hot rod a more desirable roadster/coupe. But it also doesn't account for the people that have always kept back any '32 Fords they find.

Suffice to say they have always been rare. ;)

17. Buster (3Deuces),built a rear door for his daily driver 1932 sedan but and didn't fill in the back seat windows.

I've been trying to locate some photos,,I'll post as soon as I find them. HRP

18. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

I thought that G. Poteet's was a real 32 Sedan delivery:confused:
    It was built by Dave Lane of Fastlane Hot Rods with some
    mods done to the sides and doors.

19. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

saw one at Pleasanton a few years back well on it's way to being restored. painted, rolling but I don't think it was running. maroon in color. he was asking $90,000.00. I have a picture somewhere.

mentioned this to a friend who had a 32 for 30 years. he simply refused to hear me when I told him fewer were made than B-400's. should have bet him a hundred bucks.

20. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

at the L.A. Roadster show, 2008

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Normbc9

Normbc9

Here is a factory brochure rear quarter photo. The US Forest Service ordered these by the dozen for their Forest Management staffs in the cold northwest and Rockies area National Forests. There are still photo's in their historic archives of them in use by Survey Teams, Timber Cruisers and Timber Sale staff. Chevrolet also had a truck frame version that was a larger vehicle. Some were called a "Canopy Express."
    Normbc9

Attached Files:

22. Pretty smooth mazooma.

Well there is one of them.

23. F&J

F&J

Hey, my eyesight is not perfect, but I say that is a 33 chevy...no, it IS a 33 Chevy. A hamber had a very rare 33 Chevy US Forest Delivery, with the super rare rear quarter glass, instead of the steel fillers.

24. noboD

noboD

About 40 years ago I tried to buy a '35 Chevy like that. It ran and drove and had original paint for $1500, but my Dad wouldn't loan me half the $$.

25. Racinman had a real 32 sedan delivery he bought from a mutual friend,,I didn't have the cash at the time,,as I recall he sold it to someone that lives in the middle part of the state.

Deuce Roadster knows the guy. HRP

26. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

I have a converted tudor into a sedan delivery. Doug Mcgrae in Topeka supplies the complete conversion, Kemp installs it...(mine was installed here in Minnesota by someone else), came out nice. Its the same kit that Poteet and Kylon32 used.
    PM me if you want Dougs phone number. Dale

27. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

Here is a pic of mine Dale

Attached Files:

28. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

He also has a past America's Most Beautiful Roadster winner ( 1932 Ford roadster) and a couple of other 32 Fords. A 5W, a phaeton and a few more roadsters.

29. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Brizio did one with an ardun and a quickchange. It was really impressive in person. Theirs was a stock tudor that they did the conversion on to change it into a delivery. Thats probably going to be your best bet. Heck I'd do the conversion for you here at my shop, I've always wanted to do one. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. Ghost28

Ghost28

The picture you showed is a 32 chevy delivery. check out the headlight bar and the tail light, with the bowtie.