Register now to get rid of these ads!

Has anybody seen or heard of these "NEW" Fords?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Waddayacare, Oct 30, 2012.

1. A "Brand New" 1940 Ford with Ford's blessing and authorization.......

2. thats awsome that they are repopping them but it sucks they are shotting for the moon with the price

3. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

4. Model T1

Model T1

Oh NO! Yet another thread on the repop 40 Ford !:mad::rolleyes::eek:

5. so for $15500 you dont even get fenders or hood. i think its a rip off

6. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Do ya? Start your own company, invest the money in tooling, manpower and materials. Then tell your family you're going to sell them for cost, because some whiney ignoramus has no idea what it takes to manufacture, warehouse and market items like this. Go buy a original '40 Ford and tell me what it costs you to get it in good shape and on the road, labor included.

ripoff indeed - get a clue, they're much cheaper than $15,500

dj

7. I was at an estate auction a couple of weeks ago that had a '39 and a '40. One was real rough and sold for $4600.00 + 10% + tax. The other was just okay, still needed full resto, no drivetrain, no wheels or tires, no interior but supposively had a Mustang II front, sold for $9500.00 + 10% + tax.

So it seems to me that for what you're getting the price isn't all that bad.

8. I dont see a rip off at all when your getting perfect, new metal, not twisted, rusty needing floor pans and patch panels and full to the door sills with rat shit.

9. Remember too what you get is going to come pretty much ready to paint, except for some basic prep. How many original '40s that aren't finished cars can you say that about?

10. Seems pretty damn fair to me. Who is going to put their balls on the line to make a few dollars???

11. teejay99

teejay99

Thought about 15 large was pretty darn good for body , doors , deck etc. The Brookville '32's are about twice that . Of course you could buy a junker a lot cheaper and spend the next couple of years getting it right ...your choice really . I'll take "plan A " .

Hope the guy IS making a profit ....if not he won't be around long .

T

12. rancid737

rancid737

He's right. you could EASILY have 15,000.00 in disassembly, media blasting and rust repair. Doesnt seem like a bad deal to me.

13. 47chevycoupe

47chevycoupe
    from Finland

I am seriously considering buying a 4 door sedan and installing this body. Looks like a quick cheap way to have a nice straight and bondo free 40 coupe.

14. Steel repro 32 coupes and 40 coupes are at the top of the Hot Rod food chain,,there is a demand for these body's and company's like Brookville Roadsters,Bob Drake and Dennis Carpenter stepped up to the plate and invested untold fortunes to recreate these body's.

Are the expensive,,some say yes and some say no,,but these company's are in business to make money and they knew when they started it would take many years just to break even.

Personally,I believe the price is fair and am glad they worked hard to make many hot rodders dreams come true,,now the average guy can buy new metal to repair his 32 or 40 coupe or buy a complete body. HRP

15. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

My thought is how is it possible that someone could be on here for any time at all with all the hoopla about the Bob Drake/Dennis Carpenter saga and not know these are available? Souns like a bargin to me after developement costs, and if my financial out look was a bit better I'd be serious about one.

16. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

How is new old steel a bad thing? Some folks will bitch about anything.

17. Ha Ha!

So true Fred... so true!

18. kennkat

kennkat

It is not bad.... It's just NOT a "real" 40.......... But then my Cal Automotive "T" aint a Ford either... Whoopie.

19. Okay, I'll open this can of worms. :rolleyes:

Why isn't it a real Ford?

Unlike a repop Willys or T body, these have Ford's approval, blessing, Guru's, whatever, as a part of it.

20. Larry T

Larry T

Because it didn't come off a Ford assembly line? In fact it doesn't come out of any sort of Ford plant.
    But don't misunderstand me, I'd take one just as quickly as I'd take an OEM with 80% of the panels replaced (and it's probably cheaper).

21. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of repop parts either. However most repop parts don't have the original manufacturer overseeing the parts, in this case Ford is. As far as the parts not rolling off of a Ford assembly line, even original Ford parts don't always roll off a Ford assembly line. Outsourcing has always occured.

Trust me I'm not looking to start an arguement here, but it seems as though this is as close to having Henry himself push the button.

22. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

No kidding, I think we should ponder something really important like who and where the term "Deuce" came from.

23. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

I think it is cool! The old steel is just getting harder and harder to afford and fix. We want people to have access to this hobby because without renewing the interest the prices of old iron is just going to be out of reach of people in the next 20 years. Look at the price of a rusty 41 Willys coupe!

The only thing that could be a stumbling block is the ownerships! I guess that if you bought one and when you register this car it would be considered a 2012???? or a custom???
    I can now see the price of four doors hitting the roof for junk cars because of the old ownerships! lolololol 4 doors beware!
    Jay

24. Larry T

Larry T

I know the parts are "Ford approved", but I'll bet they don't have anyone overseeing the building of the parts--just accountants checking the licensing fees. :D

25. 2935ford

2935ford

To me, someone going to this time, trouble and expense to bring a "new" car to market for us to buy is a great thing. Brookville has done it as have others with both steel and plastic/fiberglass. It is also IMHO a better car than those updated Shaw "A's" or early T Bird recreations. It keeps the our hobby alive.
    As for price.....I don't think it is a bad deal considering Brookville's price on their Diece 3 window. These guys have stuck their necks out. We the public will decide if this car makes it or not by buying or not buying it.
    As far a s registration goes....is it any different than any kit car or "made from parts" cars we are and heve been building?

The '40 Coupe is a quintessential car that we Hot Rodders have loved since it hit the showrooms back then. I'm happy to see it's "new" return!

26. It really doesn't matter what the "talkers" think the car is worth! The market will decide that! If it isn't worth the asking price it will quickly die, if it is, it will succeed.
    More power to the people that can put together an interprise that can construct a nice reproduction like this one.
    As far as missing a thread on this forum, it is pretty easy to do, as fast as they pile up here. Unless you spend all your waking hours sitting and gazing at a computer screen you will miss things. Good thing we have "forum monitors" watching for duplicates, like the old lady watching the neighborhood through a gap in her drapes!

~Alden

27. kennkat

kennkat

Eggzactly...........

28. Boy Larry, you sure have a way of letting the air out of a balloon don't ya'? :D