Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Oilers CC Present: "Race of Gentlemen"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Jul 18, 2012.

1. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

Glad your all ok ! sucks about your car six pack. we moved the cars from the path of any trees that could fall , i had to go re-tarp the roadster since sandy i guess wanted to see what was underneath we never lost power . still cant get in touch with my family in nj :/ seeing all the photos of lbi,point,belmar,ocean grove and asbury park is devastating

2. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Here are some of my pics from this epic event. Mel thanks again for putting on such a great event. Can't wait for next year!

When you turned the corner and saw this you knew it was FOR REAL!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone who says coupesters are lame needs to see this car. Lorodz car was tearing it up all day.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

More.......
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Droooooooool..................
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mush Representing Sugar City!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

5. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Last bunch...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wished I had used black and white all day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And lastly............. my good pal Dustin (Sinticket) getting "measured for boots"

[​IMG]

6. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I think someone should ask... is that beach still there? Jeez, I hope so. Gary

7. lorodz

lorodz

hey thanks flatfoot
    Anyone who says coupesters are lame needs to see this car. Lorodz car was tearing it up all day.
    [​IMG]

8. lorodz

lorodz

say it aint so, damn. i was looking fowward to racing some of the out west guys on the beach next year with the coupester....damn now i gotta look for another car shit .......

guess this gives me a excuse to build another car.

9. We are still held up with no power. Icing food n beer down. Tunes are still playing on the radio.

I text Allenhurst officials before, they said it was unreal. Not in a good way. Tuki told me he heard mr. C's is demolished. I believe it. We couldn't get close to that area. All flooded.

10. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

if i could find a home for the Silver City, i might think about building another car for next year too. i have some ideas.

i guess it depends whether someone would want the Special, so i could use those resources towards some more goodies. hmm...wheels are a-turnin'.

hope the water recedes for you soon. gosh, it's hard to believe the drastic change from one week to the next.

11. NoSurf

NoSurf

We released all our crews to go northeast to help restore power.

12. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

It aint pretty 300 miles away, cant imagine the mess down there!

13. baspinall

baspinall
    from SE PA

What a freaking storm. I smelled the ocean at my front door over 100 miles away. Not kidding. Damn Mel I totally missed this thread somehow? I'll be at the next one. Good luck with the Indian cart, remember seeing that. Just getting my suspension set up so I can work on getting those quarter panels I got from you on.

14. Elrod

Elrod

I keep wanting to grab an A frame and a T body and put the banger driveline I pulled out of my coupe together In a couple of weekends. My issue is that build may disrupt the relational "equilibrium" that is currently existing! Haha. (Maybe closer to the event! ;)

15. I can't believe my Hamb app works. We have no other form of communication besides text, and an AM radio, got news or tunes.

16. Today I hope to make it closer to Allenhurst. We could only see that Loch Arbor was under water and we couldn't get in. We have heard the amusement rides in Seaside are in the ocean. We lost our favorite fishing pier in Ocean Grove. It's pretty bad, but not devastating.

17. ELD

ELD

From Bill Senck on the FB Group, looking towards the Starting Line...From Allenhurst Beach Club..Taken Monday

Attached Files:

18. Jimv

Jimv

Anybody get any pictures from Tuesday? The beaches up here did not do well at all!! Its a mess.
    JimV

19. lorodz

lorodz

we are under 4 feet of water here on the eastern south shore of l.i. beach reached the bay. homes are gone i cant thank god enough that it didnt reach my parents house were my cars are stored. we only lost power for a 1/2 hour but most of my friends are homeless i feel so bad for many ..

20. Sad I had to miss this, but definitely will be there next year. Looked like an amazing time, and one of the most unique events in recent memory!

21. Mel/lorodz

Any report? How are y'all holdin' up?

22. Ok, I'll go with devastating! I haven't come across any deaths yet. But holy smokes is it bad. Good luck everybody!

23. Elrod

Elrod

Man Mel. This has been a hectic month. Wish you could break away and get a little RnR down at the Revolution.

Let us know if there is something we can help with.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  24. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

And to think, we as (hot rodders) were worried about antifreeze and motor oil on the beach just a short time before all of this destruction.. FUCK man, its nuts here in NJ now and I live an hour and a half north of the Jersey Shore.. Just crazy, there is no match to Mother Nature!! Death toll is rising too.. Be safe people. -Eric

25. lorodz

lorodz

pretty bad here every house in a 6 block radius is under water. there is no power. trees down every place you look.national guard block certain areas off due to oil mixing in water from home oil tanks floating away from homes. now as of today there is no gas at all. all gas stations are without power or gas. but the brighter side of it my house only got some fallen brush, my cars are perfect, no flooding at all. minor wind damage. so i can say i got lucky compared to everyone else in my area. the beach mixed into the bay and there is no sand anymore ..

26. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Im just gonna throw this out there...

If anyone has been displaced by the storm and needs a place to set up camp for a bit my place is always open! I know its 300 miles away but if theres anyone who wants/needs to get themselves or families away from the chaos down there let me know!

27. Welp, the Allenhurst beach club, is gone. Beach, cabanas, done!

It is so crazy. Two complete ends if the spectrum.

Attached Files:

28. bonesy

bonesy

Mel - Holy crap - I was just looking up this thread to see if you are OK. I really hope you are hanging in there.