Register now to get rid of these ads!

Yard find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choptop50, Oct 30, 2012.

1. choptop50

choptop50
    from Las Vegas

I'm going to look into it more but this is a car that was under weeds in this yard and was found upon clearing out the weeds/grass. in northern NV.

Attached Files:

2. kennkat

kennkat

Good luck with the hunt!

3. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

you might be a red neck if you clear the weeds out of your yard and find a model a lol

good luck on scoring a deal

4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Yep, you guys must grow some serious weeds there in NV ! :eek: "Honey, guess what I just hit with the lawnmower ?" :D

That looks pretty good, lookng forward to the rest of the story, hope you get it.

Don

5. It,s not the first of April is it ? Good find. Get it if you can.

6. 2935ford

2935ford

7. coupe33

coupe33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks dam nice from here! Good luck and hope you get a deal.:)

8. Very cool find. JW :)

9. Buy it, "borrow"it, what ever it takes! Another winter ain't gonna do it no good.

10. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All I find when I cut my grass is dried old dog turds and the occasional rock. Perfect raw mat'l for a rod. Good luck with it, hope ya score.

11. Bwahahaha! ^^^^^^^^................How long do we hafta suffer the "abuse" of the little red dot on our posts? I feel like a Jew in 1942.

12. 73super

73super

Weeds? What KIND of weeds???.. sorry.

Cheech-And-Chong-Photograph-C12148348.jpg

13. lawman

lawman

Very nice find !!!!!

14. In a yard like the OP describes it would be honey guess what I hit with the brush hawg. :D

I have found parts even in my own yard (in the spring), found a civil war era cannon ball in the yard here when I was mowing the first time, but never a car. Thats just pretty cool.

Hope you get it.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  15. I hope you were careful with that Civil War vintage cannonball. Don't assume it's not live just because it's old. In Europe, they're still finding and disposing of unexploded ordnance from World War I and WWII, and expect to be for many more years to come.

16. goose-em

goose-em
    from Louisiana

I am going to go mow my pasture this afternoon just to see what pops up. With my luck it will be a coperhead or a moccasin.

17. it is a solid ball not a ball with a charge. Probably poured at the shot towers up in Lexington, or so I have been told.

Hmmmmn I wonder if i coud trade it for an A coupe? ;)

18. Deuces

Deuces

Was your yard part of a battle ground???...

19. Yea, the battle of Raytown, not very famouse. This property was subdivided back in the 20s, it used to be a large dairey and the battle of raytown was fought for the most part on that dairey.

General lee was actually here or in the area at some point that is where the town of Lee's Summit got its name or so I have gathered from talking to the really old timmers. It is about 7 or 8 miuntes from here by car.

20. Deuces

Deuces

21. ChefMike

ChefMike

great find, good luck are you going to try and buy her ?

22. Missouri was a divided state but the funny thing is that the big slave holdings were right here in the KC area, they were used to unload river boats and barges. I actually had a chance to buy an old slave house (barn/auction) in the ozarks once. It was on a 30 acre parcel of land, but it just gave me the creeps.

23. silverdome

silverdome

Hey I see you found my old coupe! I was wondering where I left it. Last thing I remember was we were leaving Vegas on a bender then things got fuzzy from there. It seems like there was some Caddy that passed us and I was trying to catch him or something like that.

Just Kidding! Great Find!

24. Roger53

Roger53

coool look what I found in the tall weeds .Damn thats a neat story. Roger

25. dad-bud

dad-bud

Great find, oh, and a great job of cleaning up the yard too - it hardly looks like there was a jungle there hiding that A coupe.
    Cheers.
    Of course, you could just wait until the yard gets all overgrown again and ..................................

26. make it a shifter knob! shifting will be a chore, but hey, how many people can say they have a cannonball as a shifter?:D:D

anyway, nice find on that A, wish i could find cool shit like that in my backyard, been searching through the woods since i moved here but came up with nothing.

27. WTF grows tall enough to hide a car in in Nevada anyways?

28. Herb, you can grow that crap on a rock.

29. One time I went with my father as a kid to go pick up a headliner and found a '20s Chevy under a pile of old headliners. Who woulda thunk it. Weird where people parked their cars back in the day.