Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Eastwood & Barakat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rick Barakat, Apr 30, 2011.

1. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

Rick : Looks good.

2. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Thanks for the comments!
    You may have noticed that I didn't post after the third coat. That is because I didn't paint one. As I was rotating the frame to start the third coat, a bolt fell out that was holding the front frame rails and ripped and bent the rail as it was twisting on one bolt.
    Totally my fault. I backed the bolts out to get better paint coverage and I had one to far out and the nut came off. As I was rotating the frame it came out completely and rotated on the one bolt that was left. Shame on me!

Attached Files:

3. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

OUCH! Been there done that. Kinda screws up your day. At least the whole thing didn't end up on the ground.

4. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

Rick: All of us have had things happen like that,How about drilling a hole through a quarter panel after fresh paint,1/4 inch off.

5. Tio Geo

Tio Geo

OUCH!!!
    Very sorry to see the minor set back.

6. malcolm1943

malcolm1943

Rick, looks like a little rework is in store, we all learn from our mistakes, hopefully it only happens once. Do you work in your shop every day or just weekends?:cool:

7. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

"Anything worth doing on a hot rod is worth doing twice." Keep trying!

8. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

It sure pays to have a partner like Pete to fix my mistakes!

Attached Files:

9. That probably keeps Pete pretty busy! Just kidding, are you going to be at the CHRR?

Drop by our club's display in the Grove.

Mick

10. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

Rick: Just a hickup.

11. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

If it was easy- everyone would build hot rods in their garage.
    Lookin' good.

12. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Mick-
    I'm not sure if I am going up yet. Realistically I should stay home and work on the Sedan.

Thanks Les.

Steve- I thought it was easy. Actually it used to be easier than it is now.

13. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Finally!!! I had lunch with Eric yesterday and he said to drop off the hood for louvers. I'll be going over to his shop later today with my sleeping bag to wait him out.:D

Also, The grill and shell I got from Dale (Weedburner 40) is in transit as you are reading this.

More things are falling into place.:):):):)

14. "Sleeping bag"! That's a good one Rick. Wish I'd have done that. Might have not taken 2 years! ;)

15. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I know that having Eric punch them is important from a personal and historic standpoint, but if time gets away from this deal, I'll turn them for you right away and would be VERY proud to contribute to this build. Hoping it doesn't, but the offer is there.

16. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Dean-
    This weekends the "day". I'm picking up some marshmallows for the fire so I can stay warm.

Need Louvers?-
    Thanks for the offer. I think I have this handled, but I'll keep this in mind.

Here is the shell that showed up today. Mike Martinez, a Vintage Tin member from 40 years ago brought it down from Red Bluff, CA. Old car club members are hard to beat!!!

Attached Files:

17. I'm impressed you got more pics of PWood working. I really cant wait to see this car come to life!

18. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

A special thanks to Kiwi Kev.
    Here are the valve covers you gave to the project.

You can end up with a good finished product when you have good stuff to begin with.

Thanks again,
    Rick

Attached Files:

19. I saw Pete at the Hot Rod Reunion in Bakersfield this weekend. The guy was having a blast, even driving his Ed Pink "Old Master" Top Fueler during the Cacklefest.

Rick, you missed an awesome event, but I completely understand that you've got your hands full with the sedan. Hopefully, by next year, you'll have the sedan done and I'll have my push truck done, and we'll get a bunch of us to convoy up to Famosa in style!

20. gc427

gc427
    from SoCal

Subscribed.

Any updates Rick?

21. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

gc427-
    I told myself I wouldn't post until the louvers were done but it seems like I'm heading into "Dean Lowe" territory. I'm going to wait until this weekend to post pictures and updates.
    Thanks,
    Rick

22. deucemac

deucemac

Nothing like a polished pair of Marvin Tinkleys to dress up an engine!

23. Gettin' comfortable in that sleeping bag Rick? ;)

24. jalopy45

jalopy45

OH OH, posts are slowing down, do we need more bodies and sleeping bags to speed up the process?? :)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  25. Last post= 10-30-12 where's Rick??????? another MIA @ Eric's shop!

26. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Eric's a good guy and a great craftsman , but he can sure give your patience a test . Hang in there , it'll happen ,,, eventually .

27. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

I think you need another 22 months wait time to get close to Dean. ;)

28. In Eric's defense, right after i took my tailgate panel over to him, he became involved in his divorce, and a few months later we made the decision to close our shop, and I had to deal with that and selling the building. So, I didn't push him for the first 18 months. It did still take over 6 months once I started leaning on him.

29. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

Here's the deal ;

Hot Rod Magazine is having a car show at the Pomona Fairplex, March 23/24 2013, celebrating their 65th anniversary. It will feature cars that were, Hot Rod, cover cars, or feature cars.

All of you need to start leaning on Rick to get the car done for this show!

Also, if you have a car that was in Hot Rod Magazine, Email them your info, along with the month & year your car was in the mag. @ [email protected]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  30. Mr. Hill is working hard to try and get my RPU restored and over here for the show. Don't know if he'll make it, or not. It's a long drive from England.