Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Oilers CC Present: "Race of Gentlemen"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Don't put anything up cool for sale during Sandy... I may buy it. I've already got enough cool parts and cars to build two new race cars. Only been trapped in house for a few hrs now! Oh boy...

2. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

3. bobfromnj

bobfromnj
    from nj

Point pleasant starting to get hit now good luck

4. lorodz

lorodz

im getting hit pretty hard as of now. wind 60 mph. roads are all flooded and closed powers out in half the town. but were stocked up on food and water gas in all suv's cars are tarped and strapped down. pizza and beer on its way now ..shit this just might get good .and its only 2:44 p.m we still gotta get through the night into tomorrow.. everyone stay safe mel if you start to float away grab one of those cool as signs you made and hang ten....

5. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

BIG WIND here in Freehold, lights flickering, rain not too bad, so no flooding.

Looking at pics of LBI and down the shore not looking good there, stay safe all.

Kid is bonkers cooped up in the house, maybe I will send him out to play :)

6. Local beach. No deer, Race of Gents was last week!

Attached Files:

7. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

8. lorodz

lorodz

poor deer. quick someone get a riffle may be the only meet around for days ..lol

9. Bob up above said a local bldg just lost its roof. I have a baby red maple that beats against the window here as I type and scares the shit out of you. We are up to 75 miles an hour now. Friends only houses way have no power. Our beers are dwindling.

10. lorodz

lorodz

sorry mel i type like i speak ,lol meet (meat)...

11. lorodz

lorodz

sounds like you need to drink faster ..

12. lorodz

lorodz

i spotted tuki and his pops cool ass dudes
    [​IMG]

13. Good luck Mel!!!

So maybe I missed it...the races are limited to only 20 cars? I think your gonna have problems next year :D I ain't driving cross country (literally) only to be told "too bad, we all full here!"

14. tuki

tuki

Hope all my Oilers pals and others on the shores come out ok from the storm

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

15. tuki

tuki

Ha thanks man..btw it was great meeting you at the race.already looking forward to next years

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

16. Chris

I think Mel is talking "pre-registry" of participating cars, both show and race cars. And it sounds like he's excluding the cars that ran this year to give others a crack at the beach!

Wish I was far enough along to have a car ready! I'm thinking "doodle/speedster".....

17. bonesy

bonesy

Holy crap - be careful in the storm. (it's sad that I get my news and weather from the HAMB)

18. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I just got done looking at the pics from this amazing event....
    you guys should be congratulated.
    I hope I am not working next year - ROAD TRIP fer sure.
    Look forward to hearing more details about 2013 - IF the area is not washed away after this hurricane.....

19. Elrod

Elrod

Good LAWD that's a good lookin coupe!

20. Yes Chris... I'm pre registering cars so you would have a guaranteed spot! A few people Expressed interest from far away, so you guys would be in for sure! Us guys that were in already would have to build something new. I have some new arsenal!

21. We heard a few giant thuds last night. I was sure a neighbors tree creamed my 34 sedan. Nope, all good! Wind is still blowing though!!!

22. A different neighbors tree fell into our yard. It killed my favorite pine tree. What a specimen! It also landed on my Indian trike/cart. Looks to be savable. Plan was to cut it up and build a side car anyway. Maybe I'll just hollow out the log and throw a baby seat in it. Away we go!

23. No power since 5pm yesterday. Still got the hamb though. Baby "Bubba" is still sleeping peacefully! Success!!!

24. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

my 50 got hit by a tree, not real bad but bad enough... no power.. at least it didnt take out the 34.. pics when i get back on my feet.. crushed 2 other cars and busted my nighbors garage in 2!!

25. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

FUCK SANDY!!! HOPE ALL MADE IT OUT OK![​IMG]

26. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

oh man, Eric, that sucks!

27. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Oh shit!!!!!! That's terrible!! Glad everyone is safe though.

28. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Thanks guys, it sucks big time but 5 feet to the left and it would have been the 34 in the shed! I was outside when it fell and ran the right way so Im alive, family and house are good.. cant complain too much.

29. Carter

Carter

Damn, man that really sucks. Glad you've got a good attitude about it and that you, your family, your house and the 34 are all ok.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app