Register now to get rid of these ads!

East coasters + Sandy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LOPESphotographics, Oct 29, 2012.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks for thinking about them, they never stop. Bob

2. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. baspinall

baspinall
    from SE PA

State of Emergency called. Just starting to wet dry vac the water coming in the basement. It's gonna be a long night. At least i have a good amount of dry wood and a nice wood stove fired up at the moment.

4. Just lost a large pine tree. Lucky it came down in the back corner. Just missed the neighbor's shed by a foot. Wind is kicking up big time. Put the Avalnche up against the 2 five foot gates to break the wind. Good luck all the guys on the coast. Semper Fi.

5. Deuces

Deuces

I just got a question er 2....
    How come my thread on Sandy got deleted this morning and this one is still on the front page???...:confused:

6. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

ImageUploadedByTJJ1351538118.723111.jpg

I bet there is a guy out there doin the same thing at his garage. Never-the-less the utmost respect for these men.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. bfnjz52

bfnjz52

Yeah, no kidding! The entire federal government is closed in D.C. ALMOST!

[​IMG]

"Soldiers of the 3rd Inf Reg. continue to stand guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier,
    despite the worsening weather conditions surrounding Hurricane Sandy. The tomb has
    been guarded continuously since 1948."

God Bless Them!

8. Deuces

Deuces

You throwing a party or something???...:eek:

9. Deuces

Deuces

Yep! Looks good to me...:D
    I'm stuck eating cold pizza from Jet's...:(

10. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

675 battery's? What kind of party exactly? I think that party would scare me more than Sandy!!:eek:

Doc.

11. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

That photo of them guarding the tomb is from back in September.

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/25447106_rRDwDr#

Amazing how false information can be spread around the internet at the speed of light.

Here in Saint Marys PA, we are still at 20MPH winds with a steady rainfall. Supposed to get the worst of what we will get tonight into tomorrow.

Stay safe everyone.

12. Mickey One

Mickey One

I hope everyone in Sandy's path takes precautions and stays safe.the wind and rain are picking up a bit in Orange County,NY.

13. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

14. I've got family out on the coast. Stay safe everyone! Best wishes to ya all.

From what I understand, they were attempting to take the ship south to moor it in Florida to ride out the storm. They were sailing SE into the storm in order to take the waves off the bow, instead of the beam. The plan was then to tack and run SW to Florida in attempts to have a more friendly following sea.

The crew is experienced, and the 120 foot Bounty should have been capable of handling the weather, at least for the early parts of the trip.

I would suggest that more details will lend themselves to answering what happens after the crew is interviewed. Regardless, a very unfortunate situation. It was a beautiful ship.

Thanks for that Doc! Really interesting.

15. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Power is out here in Northeast Connecticut Woodstock Valley

16. 32 bowtie

32 bowtie

Plenty of wind in Dartmouth, Ma but very little rain. Some trees and wires down but nothing too serious yet. Good luck to everyone !!!! Stay safe

17. Lowbuckboz

Lowbuckboz

Windy down here in Bridgeton NJ. The rain is sideways. Think this eye is damn near going to go over top of my place.

18. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Scary rain and wind here in NJ!

19. bfnjz52

bfnjz52

So what are you saying bo? They're not there today? Trust me they are there! My apologies for not running to D.C. for a fresh picture!!!! :rolleyes:

20. Deuces

Deuces

21. no limits

no limits
    from Louisiana

Stay safe everyone thats in it's way.. Us down south La. Knows how bad they can be..Prayers are going out for you guy's..

22. kennkat

kennkat

Fingers Crossed for you Boyz N Girlz!!!

23. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

They're there, they're there.

24. Model T1

Model T1

Good luck everyone. They told us we were stupid for moving to Florida. Weather knows no boundries. Stay safe and take cover if warned.

As for you guys who complain about the neighbors' trees over your house or garage, If it's hanging over your lot line you have a right to cut it at the lot line. Probably not a smart time to do it right now.

25. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

Easy, killer. No offense was meant to you. That photo is being spread all over the internet right now saying that it is from today, when it isn't.

They're there 24/7, so I would imagine they are there today as well.

26. Nice neighbor... sometimes houses go up in flames in hurricanes for no reason.. just sayin....

Bob

27. Nothin' terrible here yet, for a guy with only pine trees I have about 25 bags worth of leaves in my yard.

Made cookies... getting ready to shake 'n bake some chicken while we got the lights on.

Bob

28. Lord Purple

Lord Purple

When it comes to my automotive hobby, I often wish I lived in the US. When it comes to the weather, I'm glad I live over here in 'old' England. (The place that you guys think is foggy but actually isn't).

Thinking about all my friends over there and hoping all of you stay safe.

L.P.

29. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mate, we all know it's not foggy all the time in England. We are not that stupid, it rains the rest of the time right?:p:rolleyes:

Doc.

30. I'm watchin' the 100' trees sway in my back yard cuz'a 50mph+ wind gusts....

I'm in Fairfax County Virginia, just south of DC.