Register now to get rid of these ads!

East coasters + Sandy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LOPESphotographics, Oct 29, 2012.

1. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

Hey just wanted to say stay safe over there with this storm n'at. I know some of yinz out there on the coast are gettin it right now. Keeping ya in my thoughts through this. I'm sure there are others on here that feel the same way.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

2. scrubba

scrubba

I see yer in Pittsburg . You'll probably get some of the rain by Tuesday late . I wasin Norfolk Virginia all day Saturday. The Chesepeak Bay was already showing a lot of real choppy water by 9 AM . The Virginia highway department even closed the Hampton Rhoads tunnel, ( I-64 ) for a good time of yesterday . That left the Monitor Merrimack tunnel , ( I-464 ) and of course the WAYYYYYYYYYY out of de way James River bridge , ( U S 460 ). Either way, the IMBICILES were out on the street LOOSE , I might add all week end long . Hell, they must have found themselves from Washington D C .

It's just comming into Richmond Virginia now . 12 00 noon ............

scrubba

3. Starting to get very windy up here in CT.:confused:

4. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I already lost a huge ash tree. Luckily it's deep in the woods and didn't hit the house. This is gonna be a fun!

5. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

It's been windy and rainy here from the storm that sandy is dancing with now... I'm hoping with all the wet ground and the winds that are coming trees don't get lazy around here. Traffic was already awful this morning... Not looking forward to later.

6. Mark68

Mark68

I'm about thirty miles north of philly and i lost a pear tree that was right next to the house,luckily it fell away from the house and only cracked a slat on the neighbors fence. Lots of wind so far - no heavy heavy rain yet.

7. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

In Northeast Connecticut now wind is building up and trees are swaying BIG TIME

8. Lay low friend it will pass and hopefully you will not pass with it.

9. Long Island south shore, gusting now and then. Only the small trees are doing the funky chicken right now.

Bob

10. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

Flood warnings declared already for the Monongahela Wednesday morning. Here in Western PA

11. '65 nova

'65 nova
    from New Jersey

I'm right here in the Raritan Bay area where Sandy has targeted as one of it's central locations. All types of precautions have been made and we are just waiting this out...Other HAMB'ers in the area are locked tight as well. Hope EVERYONE in her path remains safe.
    mac

12. cmarcus

cmarcus

Prayers for safety goes out to you all!

13. pumpman

pumpman

Blowing like hell here Michigan, 20 to 30 mph gusts with branches coming down, normal shit. Stay safe you east coaster guys.

14. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

Not real nice here in Massachusetts.

15. We're getting plenty of rain here in SE VA - windy but, as you can see, we still have power - sofar.

Stay safe, guys!

16. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Ya every one east stay safe, we got wind advisories here in Eastern Ohio, but my question is.... WHats with the tall ship HMS Bounty? didnt they see the storm warnings? WoW.... I was lookin at the stock exchange, sand bags and gates? who knows. Those gates are gonna hold back alotta water. You would think there would be a better way in our century.

Stay safe brothers and sisters, hope you all post pics after it passes.

17. maniac

maniac

They want everybody off the roads by 1 PM, I'm on high ground, but supposed to get 8" of rain, it's gonna suck for a few hours around here

18. gtoeasy64

gtoeasy64

York, Pa here, I have my row boat and oars ready......
    Went to wall mart yesterday.... picked up 47 gallons of milk, 34 gallons of water, 96 loafs of bread, and 675 batterys.... I'm ready, bring it on!

19. slim tempo

slim tempo

My neighbor has a big old dead oak that overhangs our home that he refuses to cut down. It's swaying right now, crossing my fingers and having a bourbon.

20. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Pretty much everthing shutting down in the Hudson Valley. River is rising and wind is at 30 MPH right now, very little rain expected here but 70 MPH winds tonight. Hold on to your hats!

Pat

21. It is getting closer and wind gusts picking up.....expected 9-12 inches of rain and 80 mph gusts 55 mph sustained winds..........6- 9pm will be bad here in harford county, Md.......the winds now coming across my farm and we hope to not lose our trees.....power will no doubt be out so the gas cans are full....generator is ready.....the family is home soooo...........hopefully the pole barn with the hot rods inside will hold up and no trees fall its way. Prayers to all in this storms path.......

22. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Winds are picking up again here in NE Connecticut Those 100' pine trees are swaying like blades of grass. Hope they stay up We're in the center of them.
    Hope everyone else stays safe also.................

23. slim tempo

slim tempo

Doing all my online computer stuff now before the lights go out. Last time it took 7 days to get it back. We ate good thanks to the Coleman camping stove.

Wait a minute...is this topic HAMB friendly?

Attached Files:

24. I,m on plum island mass and we are having some beach erosion and high winds but no damage so far

25. I was supposed to deliver another Hamb members new toy (36 sedan delivery) in Conneticut tomorrow. For my safety & the safety of his vehicle I will definetly be waiting a couple of days
    Bill

26. oj

oj

How about a moment of reflection for the Guards at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  27. brad chevy

brad chevy

Hey northeastern Hambers,if you live on the coast,don't play the hero and wait it out. Storm surge is nothing to play with. Take that from experience not B.S. Stay safe !

28. junkhead57

junkhead57

I cant believe I still have power,its easilly 50mph winds outside now. Im just watching over my cars in their garages. I got BIG trees around the one with my willys in it. I`m pretty much shitting my pants till this blows over. They say the worst is yet to come! Shit!!!

29. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

Hell it's windy here in Ohio...gonna be up to 50mph gusts tomorrow

30. scootrz1

scootrz1
    from usa

Wind really picking up here . East of hartford ct .suppose to go on all night ,left work at 11 Gov shutting down the roads Russ