Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Oilers CC Present: "Race of Gentlemen"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Mel... Count me in for next year for sure.. and you know damn well i'll be shooting the whole event...

2. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

59 pages of desktop backgrounds!!!

3. SWWEEEEEETTTTTTT!!!! Can not wait to hang

4. Oh my god LILLY MUNSTER!!!!

5. No, but I do hope to still do some stuff there, maybe with the scouts, and maybe sometime a spegetti dinner in their hall for us hot rodders.

I need to help them too, they promised me a Bucky Fuller original if i did. Plus, it will help some scouts. Win win!

6. See ya soon Elrod, see ya soon!!!

7. Belmar NJ. Right next to the famous 10TH Ave Burrito! Where our pre party to our pre party took place.

8. mason-d

mason-d
    from san diego

I am so mad at myself for not going to this show. I was surfing that beach the day before and didn't stick around. I will be there next year for sure. Looks like you guys had a blast.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

9. We sure did! I may have some great news to report soon... stand by!

10. lorodz

lorodz

I am deff In...

11. Elbow

Elbow
    from outskirts

[​IMG]

Check out the wasp nest next to the rot hole on the tail end of the rear fender.
    Awesome!
    [​IMG]

Very sweet K Model.
    [​IMG]

12. tuki

tuki

Mel i tell ya,youre like the bearded older brother i never had..haha
    and when do you sleep bro?.the wheels constantly turn..thats a gift.i cant wait to come check this lil gallery/hang out spot sometime.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  13. Cshabang

Cshabang

I guess I need to drive back down there huh. haha

14. megavites

megavites
    from nj

boys, I'm sorry I missed this EPIC event...but I will be at the next one. But I'm really concerned about how much beach we are going to loose to Hurricane Sandy. This is not looking good. I hope everyone is getting ready for the worst and praying for the best. Be safe brothers.

15. Johnny Cash

Johnny Cash

My God, what a great show. This will be a classic for years to come. Thanks everybody for the great pictures.

16. Elbow

Elbow
    from outskirts

True words.

This event may have been even more special than we realized at the time. That entire area could disappear right up to and including the boardwalk.

We had too much fun and the gods demand payment. :(

17. Next time, I'm going to beg some people to bring out some hopped up T's like my old little Gow job. I only wish I bought my Indian and didn't trade the old girl off.

Somebody, do it!!!

[​IMG]

18. Yes, the storm is coming!!!

It will all be ok. This is why we live by the beach, big surf, and lotsa action!

I spent all day yesterday cleaning the yard and garage. It was still such a mess from working around the clock on props. I got a nice barrel fire going, burned all the scrap wood. All the signage came back to my house. Today I need to screw it all down before the big storm, it does get crazy around here. But I gotta tell ya, I love it.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  19. Elbow

Elbow
    from outskirts

If it hasn't been said enough times before, you guys did an incredible job with the props and signs.

Isky Cams? So perfect.

20. Elbow

Elbow
    from outskirts

21. SANDY is pissed she missed "The Race of Gentlemen" and she is gonna make you Pay !!!

22. For anyone out there listening...

We will return! Working this out now, and maybe sooner then you think too. So get building!

I have spoke with a few of you, including Ryan from the Hamb. I have heard concerns from people that as a show grows, it could get water down or less exciting. Like when a killer band gets famous and just puts records out and your left scratching your head saying "what"?

Not me! I'm the guy that always remembers where it came from, and is usually the bum saying, this now... fugging sucks! Lame as usual...

This is my plan:

20 cars, 20 bikes.
    All new cars, all new bikes!

Note: If you were invited to the 1st, and you didn't run... like the General, or Mark Confourth of the Injectors, but you built something special, you know I'll be sypathectic. I'd like to see some more builds going on. Hell, that is all the real fun. Gearing up for race day!

We have had some amazing offers from guys like Bass of Texas, Bobby Green from Ca., guys in Michigan, Sweden, you name it. All wanting to bring cars in.

While the crowd will get bigger, the special little show will remain the same. Ok, so I have to wear shoes next year! Oh well.

So the plan is, create events around the special little event.
    JUST LEAVE THE RACE ALONE.

We plan to really curate a better pre, pre-party. We had so much fun, We know when we are better prepared, we can book some serious rock and roll and really kick out the JAMS.

The Friday night beach party would remain the same too, that shit was perfect man!

Saturday night after the race we would also have a big party with race cars present. These partys would all take place in bordering towns, as they want to be involved. Imagine that!
    As some of you know, I ran music venues awhile back. So we would seek out some serious entertainment, and trust me... I won't let ya down.

The Buzz here in little ole Jersey is through the roof. We are in every paper. So if they want to rally behind us, lets ride that gnarly wave my friends.
    You have my word, it will not get lame. I spoke thoroughly with the mayor about this. The town would really like to get behind this. They ar so happy. They will close down the streets this time so we can control up top better (streets/entrance). We will pre register cars attending the car or bike show so we have control of what gets in up on the street! Sorry Rat Rodders, muscle car fans. You would get a number in the mail. We would mark all parking spots and you would be asigned to that spot. In our vintage program, (not sure if you saw those) there would be info on the car and driver in his marked spot. This way you could seek it out for a closer look and have some info on it. This would alow us a little control up top. That was the hard part for us that day. The FUZZ was suppose to take care of the street why the infantry was down on the beach, as usual! We were being called up top because they had no idea we would have 3000 attend. I told them maybe 300 might show, ooops. Hey, I had no idea. The HAMB is strong!

Lets build some cars! I want see some hopped up T's, a few different 28 and 29 roadsters. Flaven's faggy 34. The Injectors P-38... those guys (Dad and Joe) were so busy building something special for the race, they forgot the tank.

********** The race will remain small, curated, and special... this I promise!***********

We also hope to add more tents like our Oiler tent. I spoke with the mayor, and we agreed, more old time tents, no plastic banners. Hand paint only people!

People could have their own private party tents. It doesn't cost a lot. Family, friends, Car clubs, etc. Party down!!!

One more quick note. The town of Allenhurst and Loch Arbor call me on a regular bassis witha new story from towns people, or cops, etc. They all just can not believe how special you all were and how nice everyone behaved. Hey, you listened to me! And we prevail!

Now we can do it over, and over again. If you continue to behave. Hahahaaa.

Seriously, thanks you Hamb for protected "our" show. You all did an amazing job. The Police are amazed that you all engaged them in conversation and asked if all was good.
    Home owners watched you get into cars, then realize there was a piece of garbage blowing buy, and you got out and captured it. I heard there was a guy riding home on his bike with two small garbage bags in each hand on his ride home. Amazing, just amazing.

See ya soon peoples, see ya soon!

23. Oh yeah, well I'm pissed you didn't make it! Hahahaa, been to long Squirmy, way to long. Love you bro...

I saw Johnny boy though...

24. I feel the same Tuke! From day one I knew we were bro-Hambs

25. ELD

ELD

Sure would like to see VanHorton's lil job running next year!

Attached Files:

26. Sounds Awesome Mel....

This time the car is already built, so I'm going to plan to get down there by Wednesday night.... That way transportation issues won't keep me out of the fun! Plus I'll be able to lend a hand if needed. (I may try to get my B-banger built and thrown into the speedster for a little more go go go....)

Can't wait...... still pumped from witnessing the spectacle which is The Race of Gentlemen.......

27. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Mel, you are a true inspiration to gentlemen young and old... Here is my 3 year old "planking it" like the pictures that Dada looks at all day from the beach races!! Cant wait for the next one.. The plans sound good for the "street show" part of the event too. I know my Triumph is too new but I would love to see some old English iron run downthe beach.. Anybody got a Vincent? That would be cool.. anyway, keep up the good work Oilers!
    [​IMG]

28. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

HAHA.. Sorry Dave, I forgot you ARE on the HAMB.. your on my friends list. Duh! -E

29. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

Mel, the assigned spots on the street is an amazing idea. the outlying events will help include more people but keep the main event special. you're definitely on the right track.

i appreciate the special consideration for the Silver City Special. if you decide to include it next year, i will be sure to have it all ironed out. i have some neat ideas for the engine. have most of the stuff already. and some ideas to really button the sucker up and make the Special even more special.

Crazy Harry's speedster is a must. that thing is totally insane in person, and i know will draw a crowd. it's gonna be amazing with another year to put into it.

is it next year yet? rock on.

30. The37Kid

The37Kid

I can strip the body off my 1912 and make a Speedster. Bob