Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects **** The Chemical City Coupe '32 5-window build thread ****

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by daddy_o's_diner, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Moving on to the B pillar next.

Getting rid of some cracking at the belt line.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jo has really been bustin' ass on this thing and the quality of his work is awesome.

The plan is to get the doors chopped and send the body to Ryan Schon In Cincy this weekend. Ryan will get going on the body work and get it in primer.

Jo will get cranking on a new chassis for the car while the body is off getting roughed in.

The nailhead will be sent out to get rebuilt next weekend also.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  2. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Looks like that is gonna give neck ache.

Send it my way and I can drive it for a while and see.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  3. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

Man, you are killing me!!!

4. So THAT'S how 5W As are supposed to look...I see. :eek:

Nice piece, D.O.D

5. losthubcap

losthubcap
    from Upstate NY

Great looking project !

6. Not sure I understand the 5W As thing, but thanks - I think????

captain scarlet - You just finish your 3-window and leave my lowly 5-window alone. ;):D See ya in the basement.

7. Sorry, I know it's a deuce. Just been seeing way too many Model As with mail slots for windows lately...

8. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Nice work...keep the updates coming...please!!!

9. brady1929

brady1929

Beautiful hot rod

10. Dave50

Dave50

Very Nice! like it alot the leaned pillars make it look so much nicer than the straight up chops.

11. Thanks for following along and for your comments.

Doors and hinges next. Getting the doors back on this thing is really going to make the chop look complete.

I can't wait to see it mocked up with doors, deck lid, hood, etc...

12. Kick ass Dave! I somehow missed you at Sins this year.... I wandered around for a while, but never saw you! It was AFRICA hot, as usual! I could be found drooling over the green and black Coupe with the Lincoln V12 in it :) I fell in love with that thing at autorama. Its fun to sit there and watch people look at it, few even notice there is 12 cylinders there, not just 8....

I love the agressive chop with the layed-back A-pillars on your 32... Does give it a good "competition" look! Also love the choice of motor-vation, the NAILHEAD! Injection just tops it off. Keep up the good work sir!!!

James

13. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

You guys nailed the chop. Your making good progress, can't wait to see more.

14. James, sorry I missed you at Sins. I hope you can make it Autorama this year. If you do, stop by and say hello.

Not much new to report lately. Jo has had to peel off my project for a few days and get some work done on the other 4 or 5 projects be has in the shop. Other customers need love too.

Should be workin on doors this weekend. The body is going to Cinncinatti next weekend.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

15. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

You guys got 3 months. Better quit peeling off, or no Autorama for the '32. ;)

Just sayin'....

It's looking SO killer. Keep hammering away. The only thing I don't like is the fact that you own it, and not me....

16. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

It's looking great, it has a mean look to it

17. 30TudorSedan

30TudorSedan

Great looking chop! Looking forward to seeing this one come together!

18. I got another batch of pics from Jo today. Haven't had time to download and post yet. Hopefully will get sometime tomorrow AM.

Doors are done and the trunk is fitted. It's looking awesome.

19. Latest update...

Due to the a pillars being laid back almost 4 degrees, the upper hinges had to be completely reworked.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The hinge had to be up and over to line up and not bind. The whole process got ptretty involved and was a serious time eater.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    A before and after shot.

[​IMG]

All tack welded up and looking better all the time.

[​IMG]

Today Jo finished welding the entire chop and is working at filling that big gap in the cowl that was created when the windshield was laid back.

I hope to have some more updates and pics later tonight or tomorrow AM.

20. rooman

rooman

Joe is doing a killer job on the chop (and the other body fixes-my contribution to the rear quarter beads was a few minutes on the Pullmax and Joe had to put in the hours to make the pieces fit). As mentioned above, lots of time in getting everything line up and working correctly but obviously it is worth it.

Roo

21. Those rear quartes do look great!! Chop is right on. Going to be a mean looking coupe.

[​IMG]

22. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

Dave, it looks the bollocks! None of that girlie 3" or 4" chops!!! Remind me to give you the name of my chiropractor. Stopped at stop lights plays havoc with your neck!!
    It's looking great.
    Cheers,
    Stewart.

23. Thanks again Rooman for all of your help. I agree that Jo is knockin' this one out of the park.

Tudor - If my deuce looks half as mean as yours, I'll be stoked.

Stewart, miss ya buddy. We need to get together soon. Not to worry about the heavy chop, I have the chiropractor app on my droid. :D;)

24. Dave50

Dave50

Stewart you are so right IDK you but IK you have driven a chopped car... I have raced mine and pulled a stomach muscle and if i dont sit right i need to see my chiropractor aswell. Over the winter i am going to give my seat some attention.

Anyway Dave its coming out awesome i like everything i see and read so far man. Bitchin` Jo is doing awesome!

25. More welding...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More grinding...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More progress!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

27. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

Omg, I can't take it. This thing is looking killer!!!

28. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Damn it this car looks familiar man a 5 to 6 inch chop is a lot of work ! it looks great. I am 5 10 put the seats low speed bumps are hell !!

29. I'm about 5' 8" Terry.

I've got about about 1.5" more chop so really we are about even. ;)

Hot Rods are always a compromise. I'll give up a little comfort to drive a bad-asesed deuce coupe. :D