Register now to get rid of these ads!

ford engines in chevys lets see em

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hot74roadrunner, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Re: a Chevy in a Ford. Those are very clearly attempts to improve on the original location of the Chevy engine. But why put a Ford into a lesser make? LOL I prefer non-hybrid cars so it's a Ford in a Ford and a Chevy in a Chevy for me. On the other hand if they aren't my cars it's not that important. However, a straight 8 Buick in an Austin 7 might be cool!

2. dirtracer06

dirtracer06

Quote:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> Originally Posted by dirtracer06 [​IMG]
    What a bunch of assholes, i almost died reading these posts, now i have coffee all over the keyboard that came out of my nose....
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
    Gee.. I hope you enjoyed that... :D:rolleyes:
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The wife and kids sure got a kick out of it...me i that i was drowning...by the way I put a ford cab on my Chevy drive train....:)

3. roddinron

roddinron

Of all the posts in this thread, this is BY FAR the saddest! Especially considering that by your join date, you weren't even here 10 years ago. Good for a quick laugh maybe, but if it's your best thread ever, you are really wasting your time here.

4. Wow this must be a sloooow thread! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Unless your doing a 100% restoration I don't have a problem with anyone putting a different engine in their vehicle. I've got a buddy that is such a Ford fanatic that when he sees a Ford with a different engine he loses all interest and walks away without looking at any other part of the car. All he's ever owned were Fords so he really has nothing to base his dislikes on. He is always quick to point out if he does happen to see a Ford in a Chevy because he knows I prefer a Chevy. I think each brand has good and bad and I just enjoy the ingenuity and engineering it takes to put a different engine in your hot rod.

6. DenverFlash

DenverFlash

Has nobody mentioned that Ed Roth had a 390 Ford in his '55 Chevy daily driver back in the '60s? I think he got a free engine from Ford, so it was probably just a practical choice for him. And Big Daddy was cool, so we shouldn't be calling names. Hot rodders mix all kinds of parts - some popular, some not so much. It keeps it interesting!

7. I honestly can't believe this thread is still rollin'. Somebody will post something cool, and on topic, and it gets buried in bullshit like this.

8. johnboy13

johnboy13

bullshit that you and I just brought back to the top.

9. Cerberus

Cerberus

Here's a good application for a flattie.

Attached Files:

10. Squatch

Squatch

Glidden built his own engines...

Kaase built engines for IHRA mountain motor prostocks...

Glidden's 1978 prostock Fairmont was undefeated for the year... 351C= equalled canted valve heads(before aftermarket) and a weight break because it was a small block. He always just barely beat the next guy... so he wouldn't get a weight penalty.

Truth is I am a die hard Ford guy... but to each his own. I like different... no matter what it is... 409 or a 352 hemi, a nailhead or an FE will get me to stop and look before the same ol' SBC...

Also, a SBF is just about as cheap as a SBC, now... all those roller block 5.0 cores out there...

One thing that will get my goat, though... a Chevy or and automatic in a Cobra replica...

JMO

Squatch

11. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

O yea well im putten a honda motor in a 57 ford two door wagon.

12. johnboy13

johnboy13

Now you're just trying to get this thread closed.

13. Is it gonna be out of a Civic Hybrid? :eek: :rolleyes: :D

14. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

That'll look a little weird with big slicks on the front wheels :eek:

15. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

0-60 in 14 seconds. 1/4 mile ET 21 seconds!!!

16. koolkemp

koolkemp

Ya I mentioned it on the 1st or 2nd page but nobody noticed ;)

17. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

A local gent used to have one of those smoggo Vettes from the early 80's with a 427 HighRiser and C6 in it, drag raced the bright red critter quite a bit, ran consistent 10.50's with a full interior and all street equipment. So I see these two kids walk up to him one day at Sears Point and ask him why his car was so much louder and faster than their 454 Chebbelle- so he opened the hood and showed them :eek::eek:
    They never said another word, just shuffled off with their heads down :(:(
    He used to smile a lot at all the Chebbie folks, but none of them wanted to line up beside him in front of everybody :mad::mad:

18. hot74roadrunner

hot74roadrunner
    BANNED

ed roths 55 chevy gasser had a 427 ford in it

Attached Files:

19. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

My Chevrolet has a Chevrolet engine and my Ford has a Ford engine. And my wife's Subaru has a Subaru engine. My lawnmower has a Briggs & Stratton engine. I like engines

20. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

I just came across this thread and in 3 minutes I got these articles from Google. I guess it's called Hot Rodding. There was a 427 Ford powered Vette here in Floida awhile back. I'm trying to find the pictures.

http://www.hotrodhomepage.com/hrhp/2005/12/24/ford-powered-camaro/

http://www.stangtv.com/news/a-flathead-ford-powered-chevy-camaro-looks-like-it/

http://www.dragzine.com/news/ford-powered-2001-z06-sets-its-sights-on-the-7s/ If the pictures don't show up on this one, click on "Yellowbullet".

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  21. hot74roadrunner

hot74roadrunner
    BANNED

i did not specify were the ford engine had to be in the chevy this one goes out to all you ford hating bastards

Attached Files:

22. hot74roadrunner

hot74roadrunner
    BANNED

yellowbullit has a bad ass thread going on this subject thousand of crossbreeds but most are newer than 65 there are abought 15 different 67-69 camaros with ford power

23. hot74roadrunner

hot74roadrunner
    BANNED

found the holy grale

Attached Files:

24. hot74roadrunner

hot74roadrunner
    BANNED

my kinda people

Attached Files:

25. k9racer

k9racer

Years ago I purchased a 54 GMC truck for the glass and some body parts. The price was very good and he would deliver. I never raised the hood. upon arrival I was quite surprised a 368 merc engine was installed in the truck.I pulled the parts I needed and sent the rest to the scrap yard.................. I have a friend who races IMCA open wheel modified. He uses a Metric GM frame and a ford engine. His reason is"" no one claims a ford"".................. I have a 34 ford flat head powered a 55 ford y block and a 72 f250 ford truck with a 68 FE 427 engine. Also have 1.6 pinto powered water pump... chevy powered cars 3 circle track cars 48 chev, 75 chev truck.and 5 mopar trucks with mopower. I don't give a shit what engine is in what I just like cars. Now let the bashing resume.. Bobby..

26. hot74roadrunner

hot74roadrunner
    BANNED

another ford powered 55 chevy

Attached Files:

27. hot74roadrunner

hot74roadrunner
    BANNED

bash on this Chevy Biscayne 1959 powered by a 429 B.B.Ford and C-6 trans!

Attached Files:

28. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

What about bastard combinations assembled by the manufacturer, are those proper?

- Ford pick-ups with Navistar engines,
    - Dodge trucks with Cummins engines
    - Ford Ranger trucks that were available with Toyo Kogo diesel and following that a Mitsubishi diesel
    - Ford made some Lincoln Mk VIIs with turbocharged BMW engines - The original SHO Taurus had a Yamaha-built engine
    - There were ZR1 Corvettes that had a GM/Lotus designed
    DOHC V-8 that was built by Mercury Marine
    - In the '70s GM was putting Chevy small blocks in Oldsmobiles
    - Shelby Cobras were a British car with a U.S. built Ford engine,
    so were the TVR Griffith 200s and Sunbeam Tigers
    - Some old Saabs had Ford V-4 engines
    - GM put Buick V-6 engines in Olds F-85s and later into Starfires
    and Sunbirds
    - Early Pontiac Tempests were available with a Buick 215 V-8
    - Newer Rolls-Royces with BMW engines

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  29. hot74roadrunner

hot74roadrunner
    BANNED

how abought this flathead ford in a harley to start with i found hundreds of cars newer than 1965 but i dont know if they will let me put them on here

Attached Files:

30. ^ ^ ^ That's nothing new, Honest Charley has been making and selling them for years now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.