Register now to get rid of these ads!

1935 plymouth custom build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Loved the video but the getto talk that woman put on at first drove me nuts. Awesome cars Mr. Chops!!!

2. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

yeah agreed, there was alot of stuff that wasnt put in the video but there will be more of the videos coming out. This is a feeler video for what could happen in the future.

3. I don't know you personally but when you started talking you at least sounded educated. I was relieved that it wasn't some Pimp my ride talk. Again, I love your style and your work is incredible. On your welds, do you have a pulse setting. Those are beautiful weldsdone by mig. I would have bet they were tig!! You are a true artist!!
    Oh and had a laugh when the woman asked whats that on the back of the car. Duh!! A window!!! LOL!! Oh well!!
    I love the video's. It lets people into your life a bit more than still shots.
    Alex Gambino's video's are great . I would never have known what a sense of humor he has without watching them.
    Keep up the great work and the video's.

4. farmer12

farmer12

Love the video Skoty, simply awesome! (am I allowed to watch it more than once??:D)

5. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

thank you buddy, my welds are a consistant weld, no stopping or pulsing. these are full beads from start to finish. gambino is a personal friend and he is a very cool guy and has a great humor.

6. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

haha thanks bro. ive watched more then once too. hahaha

7. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

This was an amazing build I just went through all the pages and DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You nailed this one spot on. You are truly inspirational to many people especially me. I love to work with metal and you as well as the other great ones here make me strive for improvment everytime I read these threads. Congrats on what has to be the baddest Plymouth Kustom on the planet.

J.Lockwood

8. I have your cars pictures from all over the place on my screensaver slide show. Your car is and was my inspiration to buy a 1930s car and turn it into a tail dragger. My wife is totally into it also. Up here in the NW, there aren't any 30s tail draggers and when they here what I am going to do, they can't believe that I am going to ruin the car!! LOL!!! I think its the most bitchin look a car can have.
    So I am now a 1936 5 window Ford owner and I plan on making it like yours!!! Even though yours is a plymouth. Which is damned cool!!!!
    Yeah Alex rules!! I love the video of him with the bull horn at work!! LOL!!! He's my type of people!!
    Hey can I pick your brain on some details about your car. I'd love to talk to you on the phone over a few things. Private message me with your phone number if thats cool!!

9. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

10. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

11. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  12. Great finish to the car !

TJJ on my iPad

13. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

Thanks man, gonna fish this in glossy at some point. Im havin to much fun to pull it apart right now

14. peeduh

peeduh
    from atx

15. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

skoty you are such a talented guy, and have taught me so much over the years not only about pushing myself to do better work, but you are also just a really great guy who I miss being around...excellent build, living the dream!!!!Yeah!

16. skoh73

skoh73

Holy man! I just found this tonight and spent a coupla hrs getting through it all. Absolutely amazing craftsmanship and vision. I know you are eventually gonna get it shiny, but I think it looks amazing now- only gonna get better. Thanks for documenting the entire process!

17. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awesome video and I love your work. I was just in San Fran last month. I wish I has seen this before I went. I would have loved to stop by for a tour. Maybe next time! Keep up the great work!

18. Big Nick

Big Nick

Amazing! And Nate is right, if you have not met Skotty, the guy is one of the nicest guys out there. I met him in Brooklyn and he was inviting me to come out to Ca, to come by the shop, gave me some business pointers and is always willing to help me out with some welding advice, real class act and super talented dude!

19. ncctcam

ncctcam

One of the best builds out there....easily!

20. theDISCOpunk

theDISCOpunk
    from La Mesa,Ca

wow! one of the few night I have off & I spent it going thru every page of this build...awsome!!!

21. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

Hey thank u guys, i love cars and everything behind them. Im stoked i can help out or give advice, its all about the cars and i love inspiring people cause makes me feel im giving back for those who have inspired me. I have a really deep passion for custom cars and the community and hearing you guys say that means so much to me. Thank you guys, im wearing a huge smile.

22. Hey Skoty, I have always admired your work and what sets the builders apart are the ones that like to give free advise and the ones that are so cocky that they won't give any advise unless it has a price attached. I am sure you inspire lots of people with your builds and advise as I am one of those many many people.
    I just saw a post where a builder (no names mentioned) said "What is with people always asking for free advice"? F$#% them, unless they want to pay, this is how I make my living"!!!
    I do construction and build cars. Any time anyone asks me for advice I always say , advice is free and do it without blinking an eye. Usually people really appreciate it and its not like they were going to give you the work anyway and they just need a little help to keep them going on their build. This has lead to other work through their friends.
    Everyone appreciated tips from skilled people.
    Thanks again for all your time you spend helping others. Even the Youtube video of your method of welding was killer!!!!
    Thanks again!!

23. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

Such a beautiful car.....

24. hellbird

hellbird

25. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

This is a great thread, I have read it on and off for a while now and decided to give my opinion since we all have one!

I love 35 Plymouth's and yours is a great car. I love the chop, it's not over done or cartoony.

Now for the opinion part and don't take it as a negative against you or the car. For my tastes the back bumper looks a little too fat (top to bottom). I think for overall balance it would be better with two taillights and would be much safer especially since nobody pays attention.

But, the big one for me is the grille. I know it would be a lot of work, but I think it would flow way better if it was flush fit to the shell instead of sitting on top of it. I keep looking at different views and my eye keeps going back to it.

Again, just my opinion for what it's worth. I love the car you did a great job and drive the wheels off of it.

26. 55chrysler

55chrysler
    from kelso wa

Wow what a nice car. I love the shot of it going down the freeway it sits low but drivable. I have a photo of my Merc going down the freeway in the rain with my arm out the window. My buddy's wife took the photo through the windshield and down the louvered hood of there Kustom Plymouth. I'll keep that photo for ever.

27. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It is up for sale, and may be already sold, as I type this. Time for the NEXT project car....

28. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yup. The '35 Plymouth has been sold. So, next time you see it out, don't drag the driver out of the car...:eek::D

Next up, a cherry 1959 Impala hardtop.

[​IMG]

Just hit the ground, on bags. Should be on the road momentarily.

[​IMG]

Lincoln Zephyr still in the works, long-term.

29. Pure Art.
    I cannot wrap my mind around the level of craftsmanship and talent the HAMB has.

30. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

A 59?? Thats like saying late model for you guys :D
    I hope is goin to be a Kustom anyway.