Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Oilers CC Present: "Race of Gentlemen"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Jul 18, 2012.

1. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

2. Another quick story! Hollywood left this out...

My buddy Joe OZ was at the beach early to ride his Indian with police sirens up and down the beach before the kick off of the race. Get the crowd goin. Tide was high and he had to be at a wedding as he is a part time DJ. He was the guy with the top hat, and tails. Seen in a few pics.

This maniac also worked tirelessly over at my house just days before the event. At the pre pre party Hollywood and OZ decided to pull all their usual antics out once in party mode. They are a two man side show! One HD, the other Indian.
    Well, Oz had only been out of the hospital for days with his new pace maker installed. Seems those two like to play grab ass and punch each other oftenm, mostly because OZ... loves to get Mr. Wood all rialed up wherever they are. I think Oz got punched in the pacemaker a couple times that night.
    Saturday on the beach, he pulled his coat with tails back only to reveal the blood stain seeping through his shirt. He was probably late for that DJ gig trying to replace that ruffeled shirt, but knowing OZ... I'm sure he just rolled right thereand got his job done.

Kinda glad he had to leave, I'm sure he would have had Hollywood attempting to jump something on his Knuckle, or get naked, or some other kind of usual side show shit. Love you guys!

3. hotdamn

hotdamn

congrats on such a rad show :)

4. Seeing these pictures reminds me of the first Hunnert Car Pileup pic's I saw and decided to drive to the next one from Texas. My Model A has never been in the Atlantic, guess I have a road trip planned for 2013.

Congrats on 100% success with this event, you have enticed me.
    TZ

5. slant37

slant37
    from Holland PA

All I can say is ....THANKS....What a great day!!! This is what will get us all ( in the Northeast) thru the cold winter, just waiting for next years event. Couldn't have been better! And for all the folks who wouldn't spend the $20., shame on them. It was well worth it...

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  6. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

I still cant believe this event went down, it's surreal. It would have been enough with just the vintage cars and bikes.

But Mel, how the hell did you pull of the vintage Tall Ship!

Attached Files:

7. Elrod

Elrod

8. ELD

ELD

Mel plankin' it

Attached Files:

9. Speechless.......

10. Mel, you did it! Great job! Cant wait for the next one! Maybe an indoor traditional custom car show to kick it off? Would love to get one of those going in Jersey with someone who is as serious as you are as far as of keeping it how it should be. Rock on man! Glad I got to see such a great event!

11. bobfromnj

bobfromnj
    from nj

Joe oz hollywood mike tom all great guys glad I got to hang with all of them

12. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

I missed that run..........need more pics

13. Carter

Carter

Hey, man, not sure how I didn't run into you all day. Kept looking for ya but never did see you. Once the action started, the wife and I stayed up on the berm.

We had a great time. Thanks for doing this, Mel and everyone else who made it happen.
    I'm still so disappointed my roadster wasn't there. Next year for sure.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

14. ELD

ELD

Knuckle Buster

Attached Files:

15. C'mon yall! You know we are the Oilers, CC, MC, andYC(yact club) too. Stop teasing

Everyone knows I'm a pirate!

16. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

I don't even know what to say about this......It's beyond UNREAL!!!!! You guys kick ass for being able to put this together in today's day and age!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

17. I did wear a speedo!
    But I was so busy before the big day to get some one to shave me down. I was afraid of more Jersey Devil or Sasquatch sightings rumors, we have enough.

18. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Best ever, congrats, fingers crossed for "you'll" on a repeat year and beyond!

19. This is happening! The Oiler boys have been looking for an Armory for years now. We had a bunch of things the last two years keeping us out of commision.

We now hope to make this event a three day event. It will go down like this:

Friday night, a speggetti dinner and dancing and drinking all night. Special areas for racers!
    Make you guys feel special. Live R&R. Racing on Saturday followed by live R&R all night. Sunday, more racing and a quick award ceremony. Oh, and always more R&R.

Think of a mini WARP tour for traditional cars and bikes. Or part freak show. Hahahaa

20. We also want to get the neighboring Fird Dept.'s involved. A parade it town with floats, etc!

I'd also like to do something special for our VETERANS! You serve this country and put your ass on the line, I will die for you! True modern day heros!

21. Hellfish

Hellfish

I think this is the coolest thing I've seen in a very long time!

22. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

You have done something very extraordinary here. Being the struggling enthusiast that you are, you pulled it all off. You should be very proud. Together with your friends you have given back hope to the best of the authentic hot rod and motorcycle scene in the US. Fabulous is an understatement!

I wish I can go visit my friend Brucie next year and we both can attend. I want to experience this in person! And I can buy Jeffery James a beer for his help when I bought my 1940 Lasalle last winter.

If there is anything the A-Bombers can support with, just let me know! :)

I am also glad to see that you found some nice logo inspiration somewhere too, ha ha... Just kidding, man! :D:D:D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

WOW, My mind is blown just seeing all this! You guys did one hell of a job with this one!! I need a poster.

24. Mel, you did it! Great job! Cant wait for the next one! Maybe an indoor traditional custom car show to kick it off? Would love to get one of those going in Jersey with someone who is as serious as you are as far as of keeping it how it should be. Rock on man! Glad I got to see such a great event!

25. Elbow

Elbow
    from outskirts

Regarding the T shirts, if the powers that be are interested in running off a second batch in the larger sizes I'd be in for two or three. Pre paid including mailing.

26. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Im spent, but still have a shit eatin' grin from ear to ear! I had to work this morning and am asleep at my desk...
    Ive got a ton of pictures and a ton of stories to go with them! Stay tuned!

Mel, I left you a gift in your roadster! Put it to use!!:p:D
    Oh, and I also had a chance to clear up the "incident" with the police chief.
    Hes a good guy, I think he was "slightly" overwhelmed in the morning:D

More to come later this evening!

27. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm in an incredibly jealous rage at the moment for a couple of different reasons:

1. That I didn't think of this wonderful idea first.

2. That I wasn't there to see what these pictures portray.

If you guys find away to do this again next year, I will stop at NOTHING to be present. You guys just pulled something off that is very special... And you should all be damned proud of it. This is what hot rodding should be on every level. I'm absolutely blown away.

28. banjorear

banjorear

Mel:

Couldn't make it, but congrats to you and everyone who helped, attended, and participated. A lot of folks sit on the wings and complain about this and that and what's not happening. Blah, blah, blah.

I'll even admit that I was a bit skeptical that it was actually going to take place at all; let alone in NJ. I'm glad to say that it did and it all went well.

I applaud you for actually making it happen. Congrats and I'm looking forward to making the scene next year.

Really, really cool idea and event. Hats off to you, sir!

29. JB, I'll make you a deal... if you hand us over Hakan Erixson, we will not sue you for stealing our art! Hahahaaaa... I love you A Bombers and it has been way to long since we have all had fun in Sweden!

There is a lot i'm still not telling you all, We Oilers have a plan for Bonneville, and Sweden. Hakan and I had talked years ago about me storing a car there. It alsost happen when I tried to open a store in Malmo. There was an amazing space available in the biz district. Everything was rented but this space. Apperently the old biz owner was tied up by some money lenders and they set him and the place on fire. Luckily he broke free and lived. But everyone in Malmo was afraid to rent it. Not me! Economy dropped out, and that was the end of the store for a bit.

The plan was for me to store cars at Hakan's bro in law's house. Amazing guy, owns PACE jeans. I love Hakan and his family. I lived with them each time I traveled there. He also stays here with me when in the states. We almost had an exchange student program set up here in the US with his students. I was to find garages willing to emply these kids for free, and they would stay in a bed -n- breakfest in Ocean Grove, NJ. Not sure why it didn't happen. I love do cool stuff like this. Kids need to get it right from the get go!