Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Oilers CC Present: "Race of Gentlemen"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Let's not worry or talk about the 20 bucks anymore, it is only ruining this good thread!

I was making a joke as I remembered my good friend Nick Foster the announcer calling them all out. He was so stinking hiliarious!!!

I don't care anymore that we didn't get there money. I'm with George though... car people should have supported. It's a little drop in the bucket. You try an rent lots of giant machinery, throw a free beach party on Friday with a band and sound equiptment that costs, OUCH! It is all cool though, we did it people!

The Swinging Necbreakers were perfect! That was one of the best times ever for me. Bring your own beer... live, killer, R&R on the beach. Girls and boys mingeling. WOW!

We also prepared for a VIP OILERS tent with barrels of good beer. We had Hop Devil, Sierra Nevada, PBR, Guiness, etc. This was for our friends that helped us all week prepare, painting props at my house till 4 am, building an SCTA style tower out of some old discarded scaffolding someone through away and my WW2 trailer. We did the best we could in such a little bit of time.
    We soon realized we couldn't drink all that beer, so we gave it away when we could. Hey, it was all of "our" party! And I thank you all from the bottom of my heart! You are some damn fine people. Some of you guys ugly like me, but damn fine! I'm proud of you. You were all complete Ladies and Gentlemen. Well except for the one guy that peeded on a lawn. One guy, damn it! Hahahaa...

When I talked with the town, they were so happy. At the end of the conversation, I did mention I heard that we had one complaint about this one lad. I was then told that their very own July 4th beach party has about 50 calls. So we're good! Hahahahaaa...

Under 7 was FREE. Kids were 10 bucks, and adults were 20. Drivers were not suspose to pay, but I now hear some of you did. OOOPS! I owe you guys 20. Hahahaa. I couldn't be everywhere, and I know nobody knew the whole drill.

I never believe in charging guys that are the spectacle, as you are the show, and all you efforts getting there I truly understand. And I greatly appreciate!

Ok, back to talking about amazing good times! Thank you everyone, thank you!

2. Ok, so... So far, Ryan of the Hamb wants in, my pal BASS, the A-bombers of Sweden reached out to me, Bobby Green said he wants to bring a car next year, and all you countless other great people. I'd say I'm pretty damn happy as I respect the hell out of you all! Wow, just wow!

3. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

After the rush subsides a little, how about some tuning tips from the competitors? Best tires, air pressure? Gearing? Windshield angles? Folded forward? Removed? Doors, no doors? Nose up? Raked down? Extra junk in the trunk? Hula girl bobble heads? Scuba gear? Tow hooks? LOL. Gary

4. Elbow

Elbow
    from outskirts

I have one small suggestion.

Next time please print more event T shirts in 2x.

I need that.

5. Elbow

Elbow
    from outskirts

Come to think of it, all my buddies need that too.

Birds of a feather?

6. Hey Mark, there was a plan... but must of that got thrown out the window. We had thought we were going to have a little more help up in the streets and boardwalk. We were stuck down in the trenches, hahahaa. So up top it was a little looser then we wanted.

Oh well, it was a sucess in my mind. The townships are happy! This was my greatest goal. I had just 2 1/2 months to get this together. So with a big welcome back and a year to prepare, we will be on our game. We were also short two Oilers this day when I was counting on them and there help. This was rough to pull off without those extra guys.

This could not have been done with out the help of our friends!

Some names,

T. J. and his crew... bro's for life! George, whom I love!!! He even let me scream at him months ago cause this gold chainer from Jersey whom collects high dollar hot rods tried to get us in a fight. George is solid, and a killer drummer, real deal car guy, giant smile!
    Jeffery James is my hero! I made him a banner for free, SUGAR CITY Speed months back, and that guy did for me what my own old lady wouldn't have tried this last month. He is the man! Talented artist, amazing father, and a dedicated HAMBER to the end! He will always be on my team, not sure he is up for this anymore. Hahahaaa.
    General GOW, ruler, Bill from WAC CUSTOM, I love these giant guys. Racers pitching in constantly. Those guys whom birthday it was and we were warned by Scary Larry, Black Stude. I'm bad with names, but I love those guys. Trust me, everyone loved those guys! Hahahaa
    Andy and his boys, I love Andy. He can build his ass off and play mean R&R, he is another hero just like Mr. Bob Bleed. In fact, I hope to get Andy's band with the "Original" BLEED next year. God that would be sick!!! Exspect more Rock "N" Roll next year friends!

HOLLYWOOD, is KING! Enough said... you'll all learn soon more about him. Be afraid, ladies LOOK OUT.

I gotta run, My boy is waking up. Mom's at work. More pics please!!!

7. Apparently next year, all windshields have to be present! Order of State Police. DOT helmets, lap belts in cars, and kill switches. No big deal!

8. Hollywood1939

Hollywood1939
    from Eastern PA

9. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

We all glad NJSP did not bust ball over this ..Not a big deal since they are the Big Brother in when it comes to any forms of Motorsports in NJ .

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

10. Elbow

Elbow
    from outskirts

11. I hear ya! I didn't even get a shirt, shoot!

We have about 12 XL shirts, and about 5 kids mediums, and 5 kids large. Thats it!

We have a lot of posters I think. A few programs too, I think.

12. MJW

MJW
    from NJ
    1. PA. NJ. local HAMBERS group

Here's a few more shots I took. I took a bunch from the boardwalk during the race. I am getting a DVD of the shots over to Mel but if any of the drivers want copies too, mostly cars, PM me and let me know and I'll send you a copy.

Attached Files:

13. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

FB stolen pics ... Perfect backdrop

[​IMG]
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

14. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

Nice SWAG BAGS !! ... ( FB stolen pic )

[​IMG]

15. MJW

MJW
    from NJ
    1. PA. NJ. local HAMBERS group

Heres a cool cut off and the car it was on.

Attached Files:

16. Hoolywood, we are nuts... cause I want to do it agin this weekend. You captured it, kind of!
    You did forget how you passed out on my couch while we continued to drink after the pre-pre party. You snored like a bear and we let you sleep with my original paint 38 Knuckle head front fender. You looked so cute hugging it. Mike also realized he left his lap top on the couch that you slept on. That was fun trying to see him slip that out from under a grizzly bear! He is a little faggy, but we love his Oiler guts just the same.

17. Kowalski is the real deal. A true chip off his old Man's block! God rest his soul.

This car was suppose to run, but the beach entrance got to clogged and the action had to start. Next year baby! E.J. only found out about our show the night before too. Another hard core trooper! Respect.

Oh, and he didn't complaign once that he did'nt get to run. A true Gentlemen.

18. That is my pal Georgie boy! Killer ride...

19. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Why not make more T-shirts to help defray the costs / fund next year? I take an XL, Gary

20. ELD

ELD

Nicole Atkins, Jersey musician and bandmates from Black Sea
    Photo via Squidlips

Attached Files:

21. Hollywood1939

Hollywood1939
    from Eastern PA

I can only write about stuff I remember...There is more to come on the Blog. Also if you hit "older posts" there is more from the event...
    hhhmmm this weekend.....

22. We may, already talking about it. Keep you all posted.

23. I miss that Beard of yours mel... We need to catch up soon brother..

24. Mel if you do another run, please make some tent-sized ones. (3XL ?)
    I got an XL for a souvenir, but it's hardly a mid-riff shirt on me, and No One wants to see that!

Still on an R.O.G high.....

Perfect weather....check
    Perfect surf......check
    Great location....check
    Sweeping Panoramas....check
    Drool Worthy cars and bikes.....double check
    Rockin' music.......hell yeah
    A Photographer's banquet?.....great shots everywhere you turned
    A fun atmosphere?....smiles and grins on everyface

I like the three day idea for next year......Party Friday, bikes on saturday, cars on sunday?

25. ELD

ELD

Rick from OCC Photo via Slant37
    [​IMG]

26. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

A few more......

[​IMG]

This guy was a madman all day long, from his first run down the beach to hustling, running and busting his ass all day long.
    [​IMG]

Standing tall.
    [​IMG]

Louie and Newjersm3 and their Ladies
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. Hahahaaa, I know what you mean.
    I found a few mediums and larges and was excited this morning. I tried them on... they were kids size medium and large. Same mid driff results.

28. ELD

ELD

More from Slant37 (Bill Denise Rementer on FB)
    [​IMG]
    Team work

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    who dat lil fellow?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Groupies

[​IMG]
    More team work

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Slimpickens

[​IMG]
    The fearless leader!

29. I think you found lighting in a bottle, congratulations on pulling off an amazing show.

30. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

[​IMG]