Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs destroying a 53 ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bottledViolence, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Fuuuuuuuuck yeah;) Good job man!

2. bottledViolence

bottledViolence

after realizing that the back window made the roof have sort of a flat spot i decided to sut out the back window and put a 50 merc rear window to give the roof a better flow

Attached Files:

3. bottledViolence

bottledViolence

the window JUST fit in the roof and really changed the whole look of the car with only a few small filler peices

Attached Files:

4. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

5. bottledViolence

bottledViolence

next i had planned to drive the car to the cleavland rumblers show and 2 days before the show i decided to pull the motor/trans out of the car and chane the th350 to a 7004r so i could go over 60 on the highway and i had everything back together at 9:30pm and hit the road

Attached Files:

6. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

these are really hard cars to chop, but youve done a great job at it. i had a 54 myself. bitchin cars

7. bottledViolence

bottledViolence

i drove about 3 1/2 hours down to PA. to meet up with some friends and then we all drove about another 6 or so hours to cleavland and at the show i won a clubs choice award from the lead kings. all together put about 1600 miles on the car on the trip with no problems. over the winter im gonna block out the body,respray it and do a c notch/dearch the rear springs ands drop the front another inch or 2

Attached Files:

8. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

9. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

I actually forgot its a four door sedan while looking at the pictures.

10. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

11. bottledViolence

bottledViolence

musta done something right then!

12. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

I have to admit I wasn't a fan of the first back window but I respected using what you had at your disposal. Awesome car.

And hell yes you did something right. Can't wait to see more progress.

13. Y-Blokkah

Y-Blokkah
    from Anna, Tx

All I can say is WOW!

Did you notch a truck oil pan to drop the y block into the 53, or did you clip it?
    I'm pulling the flatty on mine now, and figure I'll need to invent something to get past the drag link...

14. bottledViolence

bottledViolence

as the car evoled i realized that rear window was the only part that was kind of lacking but i also didnt want to use the standard shoebox or 49-52 chevy rear window then the merc window came along and was like a glove

15. bottledViolence

bottledViolence

its a chevy v8 so the oil pan dropsdown in the back but it was already in when i got the car.it just clears the steering but ive seen a round tube cut in half or an L shaped peice welded in to clear

16. JD Miller

JD Miller

17. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

Wow man, nice work all the way around. I had a 52 that I wanted to chop BAD. Never saw one that really looked anything but "different" so I never went for it..... That Merc rear window looks perfect!! The fact that it started life as a 4-door made the dimensions look better once chopped I think as well. Great job!

18. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Man...been doing big stuff like this since 1955... I'd work with you any time, Jake.

Great accomplishment in NO time alloted... Crap, you should be a drag racer with that E.T.!

Oh, kinda biased on your choice of subjects, too. I've had some '53s and '54s, got one now.
    Go, man...go!

19. 'Mo

'Mo

I like it!
    Does it have a two piece seat back, and a back seat?
    And did it lose the skirts???

Pulling the motor and swapping the trans in two days is just mad! :eek:

20. outlaw256

outlaw256

customs just aint my thing but i gotta hand it to you you have just about changed my mind. i love that car! when you turned her into a 2 dr and used to 4dr doors i thought heres a screw up, sorry i was dead wrong ive never seen one that worked but it sure works onthat one.with a shorter door it seems to give the rear a long sweeping look to it and i like it alot! wanna come a destroy a car for me? i got plenty you can destroy.just take your pick! lol.and that cant be your first chop.from the looks of that car you must have done a few before! all i can say is wow...

21. striper

striper

So glad you changed that back window. I really hated the first one. Since you need to repaint it, I think it's screaming out for 2 tone. Maybe a cream roof, or maybe dark green.

Nice car

Pete

22. Nice transformation..all of your hard work has really paid off.

23. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Little bit of difference from the start , lookin good .

24. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

anyone know what color that blue is? on the one to the left

25. bottledViolence

bottledViolence

Re: destroying a 53 ford

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

customs just aint my thing but i gotta hand it to you you have just about changed my mind. i love that car! when you turned her into a 2 dr and used to 4dr doors i thought heres a screw up, sorry i was dead wrong ive never seen one that worked but it sure works onthat one.with a shorter door it seems to give the rear a long sweeping look to it and i like it alot! wanna come a destroy a car for me? i got plenty you can destroy.just take your pick! lol.and that cant be your first chop.from the looks of that car you must have done a few before! all i can say is wow...

fisrt time i chopped a car!....just did lots of little pages research and gimmie a list and ill pick out out and destroy it!

26. bottledViolence

bottledViolence

it still has the stationary stock front seat.im looking for a useable split front seat and for now to get in the back you gotta slide over the seat.i didnt like the skirts on it for a while but now with the new back window they are staying on for good

27. Squablow

Squablow

The stock 4 door front seat is hinged and you can make it fold forward. the whole back folds forward in one piece (obviously) so it's not as convenient as the split one but it does work. There's a couple screws along the back that you can take out and it'll tilt, pretty simple.

28. bottledViolence

bottledViolence

shit, im about to try that out...thats better than nothing til i find a split bench

29. I just found this thread today and all I can say is... WOW! Looks damn good!