Register now to get rid of these ads!

ford engines in chevys lets see em

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hot74roadrunner, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuces

Deuces

Damn.... Can't we all just get along???...:eek:

2. ibuild

ibuild

all yall need to chill, it is about building our cars the way we want

3. rat nasty

rat nasty

I never cared bout what motor is in what car just as long as it is fast and kool! my motor of choice was a big cube cammer but my pocket ran way short for that?maybe i'll be able to buy one someday?

4. hot74roadrunner

hot74roadrunner
    BANNED

thanks to all you cry babys that are suspose to be posting pics of chevys with ford power but instead posting unwanted opinions have just inspired me to put my 430 lincoln in my 55 chevy thanks to you ford hatn bastards i dont have to sink anymore doe into a 427 chevy just use my lincoln it will probably run better than the chevy anyhow

5. kracker36

kracker36

Deuces, I can get along with everyone---------------even jcmarz. He is kind of like a puppy that keeps shitting on your carpet. You just clean it up, pat him on the head, and put him outside for a while and hope that he shits on the grass.;)

6. tbill

tbill
    from central ny

i guess you purists will puke when you find out todays o/t ford and gm cars share the same 6 speed front wheel drive transmission:eek: oh the horror:)

7. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

This thread has gotten so stupid, it makes my head hurt. I can't believe the mods haven't killed it off yet.

But for all you SBC lovers, remember all that wonderfull cheap horsepower those things claim to make is worthless unless you have a way to put it to the ground. And I would bet a box of doughnuts that 90% of them are coupled to a FORD 9" rear end.

8. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

If the sbc is so cheap to build why am I hearing people having 10 grand or so in one built for racing.

9. outlaw256

outlaw256

i read that one rich. i quess i read johboys post wrong. i took it that he knew someone who built a set of heads in his garage and just bolted them on.tho i now know its possible the question arises why? lol so johnboy, im sorry.i misunderstood your post.if you were refering to the one that rich put up to show me,i now know what you were talkin about.

10. Back in the 70's my buddies girlfriend had a 57 convertible with a 440 mopar in it.:eek:l

11. Larry T

Larry T

Because there aren't many Chevrolet parts in it.

As far as engines go, I think it was Bob Glidden that said "An engine doesn't know what name is on the valve covers".

12. There were some vettes that ran quite well with ford power.:)

Attached Files:

13. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos
    from Missery

I plan on putting a blown and stroked 390 in my 50 chev sedan delivery , just gathering parts right now ,other projects are moving to slow

14. dirtracer06

dirtracer06

What a bunch of assholes, i almost died reading these posts, now i have coffee all over the keyboard that came out of my nose....

15. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

This thread proves the chevy guys cant take what they dish out,they try to cram the sbc down everyones throat and when someone does it with another motor they cry like a bunch of little girls.

16. desotot

desotot

First engine swap I did was a 283 into my 48 chev coupe, my friend was impressed so he asked me to swap in something better into his 50 chev truck so I installed a 271 hp 289 Ford, all my weakminded friends had to go for counceling on tuesdays and thursdays, I have to admit that was a waste of a good engine.

17. Deuces

Deuces

I don't do front wheel drive cars...:rolleyes:

18. Deuces

Deuces

I could probably do one up with less than 500 bucks including the motor...:rolleyes:

19. Hogride

Hogride

Glidden used jon Kasse motors . Kasse still makes Baddest motors & Parts Around > .

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  20. Deuces

Deuces

Gee.. I hope you enjoyed that... :D:rolleyes:

21. Deuces

Deuces

I once helped my ex girlfriend's dad stuff a 400 sbc in a AMC Gremlin... That thing ran like a bat out of hell...

22. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Why in the hell ruin a good chevy . Ford in a ford ...Chevy in a chevy ...Mopar in a mopar .Give us a break .

23. What a silly assed thread. I'm a Chevy guy because that's what I know best. It doesn't mean I think Fords or Mopars, or anything else, is shit. I would think by now that both BBC and SBC have proven themselves to be damned good motors...just like the Fords and Mopars, Pontiac, Olds, etc.

If you want to put a Ford in a Chevy, so what? If you're doing it to piss someone off then you're as ridiculous as the person who gets pissed off about it.

I just appreciate a nice hot rod whatever you're running for power. Now, you assholes get back out to the garage!! :D

24. 117harv

117harv

25. teddyp

teddyp

what are you 12?

26. Deuces

Deuces

Bingo!... But I do love it when grownups act like kids.... Makes this site more enjoyable..:D

27. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

....... except when it's a Chevy/Olds/Cadillac/Hemi into an old Ford, Mustang suspension into a Chevy, Olds or Cadillac into a Studebaker, Ford 9" into whatever, Buick drum brakes on a Ford or Chevy, Packard taillights on a Mercury, etc, etc. Not sure about you personally, but there is definitely some hipocracy on the part of most who say what you posted.

It was once fairly common to put a Cadillac engine in a shoebox Ford and that was ok. I know of a project where a Ford in going into a Cadillac. I have no doubt that most of the people who give a pass to the Cadillac powered Ford would disapprove of the Ford powered Cadillac....... and somehow that's supposed to make sense.

28. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

I've noticed that when the shit throwing starts there are certain posters who tend to consistently be there slinging.

29. 117harv

117harv

Ruins it for me and many others, if acting imature is what makes you happy than maybe another type of site would better suit you?

30. ibuild

ibuild

i am a ford man but done with this thread, we are hotrodders that build what we want how we want but yall are acting like a lot of little girls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.