Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Oilers CC Present: "Race of Gentlemen"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Jul 18, 2012.

1. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

this was such a blast ! Thanks mel and the rest of the oilers , the town of allenhurst and everyone who was part of making this happen .. it was something you had to just see for your self . great weather, cars and motorcycles with awesome people .

2. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

What can be said about one of the most unique shows that I have ever been to. This was truly like no other, the setting on the beach and the rocks was a spectator and photographers dream. Everybody that ran a car or bike down the beach was giving everybody a great show. Mel, the Oilers and all the other people that chipped in a hand did a great job, they hustled all day and there commitment showed through and through. Mel even hit the nail on the head with his choice of the days Anouncer who was entertaining on his own. From the lanes to motor speedway to running old iron on the beach it just seems to get better and better every time that crazy brain of Mels cooks up a new idea. Thanks again for great day and stay at it.

Joe

3. Thanks for posting the pics looks like a blast!!!!

4. Elbow

Elbow
    from outskirts

No video but...

[​IMG]

5. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

Wow that looks like one hell of a time.
    There's no speed limit on the beach?
    How did you guys pull that off?
    TP

6. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Hole shit was that FUN!!!!
    Thank you Mel and all the guys

Attached Files:

7. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

It's already been said,but it was an EPIC event!!! Kudos to Mel,The whole Oilers gang and the powers that be to allow such a killer event to take place in NEW JERSEY of all places!!..Somehow you guys pulled it off and it was great..Hopefully this event will be back again for years to come..If you missed it,get yer asses to NJ for the next one!

Again,great job to everyone!! Here's some of my pics..

Attached Files:

8. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

some more

Attached Files:

9. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

One heck off an even, with all the laws we have here in california I could never see this happening. Good show.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

10. Simply awesome! Looks like the place to be man!!!

11. WOW! I can not believe it is over. What a time!!!

I'm so bummed seeing you guys post and I didn't get the meet or talk with you... I was so crazy busy. Hopefully soon we will meet again!

12. I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart. What a show, what a great time. I only wish it went smoother for me and I could have sat back and taken it all in.

From the people I met, and the people know I already, just floored me with their words of excitement and kindness. It only sucks to have to run off and say, hey wow thanks. My heart was truly touched by old friends and many new friends. People were tripping!!! The local towns are going ape shit over this. It's just so amazing, and I'm so happy that everyone enjoyed themselves so much.

The town of Allenhurst was so happy with us. We cleaned that beach and made it perfect again. Thank you all so much for you concern, your help, and your grattitude.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  13. The HAMB is STRONG, and LONG... and I think we got the friction ON! I was going to say something nice, and then got side tracked a little there... sorry.

Seriously, I am so proud to know you good people. Your help and efforts are never forgotten in my mind. The list is too long, but you know who you are. If ever needed, I will go to battle with you as well.

Thanks you all so very much.

Car clubs, your the best of the best! By next year, we will all be so much wiser and stronger. I am so happy to call each one of the car clubs my friends, weather you were one member of a crew, or ran deep on Friday and Saturday. You lone wolves too, I see your faces in my head, with your giant smiles... and I gotta tell you, I fucking love you!

I truely am welled up, ...and also had a lot of tears and sand in my beard all day Saturday with pure fucking joy. My back is soar from all your pats on my back. Thank you though! It s all of us that come together to create a show, not just me. We are always stronger in numbers, and if we are respectful of each other, and mindful of our new friends and surroundings, we are unbeatable. There were moments where I didn't know if I was in Normandy, or a 50's beach party where I lost my woman and one child to an unknown biker misfit. Crazy man, just crazy! Hugs brothers and sisters, big giant hugs!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  14. Id really like to Thank my friend Hollywood. He is new here, but not new to the scene. Mr. Wood is just the babbest Mofo I know. It was an honor brother to have you in my home. Eat with you, most importantly drink with you, and all out share some of the best times I have ever had in New Jersey, or anywhere else. Thanks for all your help Hollywood, and I'm sad you've gone home to rest your sleepy little head. Hahahaaa... Can't wait to see you and terrorize again.

For always my brother, ...and my casa you casa man! Lets RIDE

15. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awesome day. Thanks for putting it all on. My kids loved it. See you all next year!

16. THOMAS S&C

THOMAS S&C

Big thanks to Mel, the Oilers cc, and the state of NJ for making this happen! Had a blast! It was like being back in time, Im sure when the b/w photos start popping up you won't be able to tell when this took place! Just Awesome!!

17. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Dig that paint job!

In the just wondering department, what were the fast times? Gary

Attached Files:

18. indianmark

indianmark

Mel, Thanks for your vision and hard work putting this together. Who would have ever thought that this could be done on the beach in New Jersey of all places! Never seen anything like this in my 56 years! This had to be one of the best events ever! My words cannot describe the fun that was had by all. Many thanks to Mel, the Oilers, the towns of Allenhurst, Loch Arbour and all ot the people that helped out.

19. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

X2^... and we need someone on the west coast of Florida to put one on in Ormond or Daytona Beach! Or South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, etc.! Gary

20. nifty

nifty
    from UK

Impressive stuff. The venue and the cars invited to race look the part, superb photo opportunities at every turn.
    Really enjoyed looking at the photos. Congratulations on pulling a gig of this size off so successfully

21. Hollywood1939

Hollywood1939
    from Eastern PA

The Race of Gentlemen was fuckin' surreal. The fact that this could even happen in this day and age in the USA is amazing...AMAZING...that is the word I heard most this weekend. From the cars and bikes to the people willing to down right fuck up their shit in the name of spectacle and a great fuckin time!
    What Mel pulled off here was ...OK one more time...AMAZING!
    Mel, thanks for a great time and it was pleasure to be involved with this epic event and hang out with you and Tom and the rest of the people out there. Hey maybe Jersey ain't so bad after all...

22. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

You have to do this show again... Because I have to go and see it. Really, really amazing.

23. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

There are no words to explain the day we all had yesterday except WOW. You and the Oilers CC made it one of the most memorable events I have seen in years.

From when we all got there to when we left I could not believe the responses we heard about the day from Hot Rods to local residences

[​IMG]

24. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I went through about 300 pictures from the show. It looks like a great show !!!!! sorry I missed it but if you do it again, I will be there. It looked like a photographers wet dream !

25. Verminator

Verminator

Congrats to Mel and the Oilers, everyone who helped put this event on, the towns, the mayors, ALL the Racers, and the Awesome Announcer who had us cracking up all day !!!
    The weather was perfect - it felt like August instead of October. What an incredible sight ---- bikes and cars running down the sand with surfers riding the big ass waves right behind them. Drinking beers on the beach and catching up with so many friends.....All this going on in a neighborhood with some of the hugest mansions we've ever seen!!! Still can't stop smiling.
    THANKS AGAIN, Pat & Kim Verminator

26. kingwm33

kingwm33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Delran,NJ

Thanks Mel. The beach party was outstanding. The hospitality of the Oilers, The town folk , Police & Fire people, it was the best. Met alot of great HAMBers this weekend. Had to leave a little early Saturday, but will be at the next one. Thanks Mel & Oilers!!!!!!

27. some action shots

Attached Files:

28. another

Attached Files:

29. Johnny-B-Bad

Johnny-B-Bad

And heres a couple more. Thanks again to Mel and everyone else who helped put on this great show.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And we can't forget the dog driving a 32

[​IMG]

30. 19LaidBack37

19LaidBack37

Such an amazing event, well worth the trip up. I've got quite a few pictures and video clips I'm gonna put together over the course of the week,but since everyone's asking for it, here it is.

For footage of the guy on the panhead, follow the youtube link since my damn internet isn't cooperating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EcXsmybQOA