Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Ric Dean

Ric Dean
    from Central NY

For the most part except for the Tail Lights and the metal around them and the back window; it is complete. Even has the Horn Ring & Button. The big Flathead V8 337 cube engine is in it. The Floors are in it but the Doors are way out of alignment so I imagine that the structural portion of the body is rusted out.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  2. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

How did I know the taillights would be gone! They are always gone! LOL So it sounds like it is likely a parts car then, its a shame but still better than being crushed! Although you could still save it if you wanted, there have been worse brought back! Jim

3. Ric Dean

Ric Dean
    from Central NY

How did I know the taillights would be gone! They are always gone! LOL So it sounds like it is likely a parts car then, its a shame but still better than being crushed! Although you could still save it if you wanted, there have been worse brought back! Jim

... I here ya; should be a law against crushing 49-51 baby Linc or Merc's:mad: If nothing else putting the Roofs on a shoebox is spectacular. But sliding a late model Crown Vicky under it is also tempting.
    Ric

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  4. pipopak

pipopak
    BANNED
    from florida

I remember reading in a 80's Popular Hot Rodding issue about replacing the chassis of a Mercury with a (Chevelle?) station wagon one that was a perfect fit (length, width, wheelbase, even most of the attaching bolts) but old age prevents me from remembering more.

5. Ric Dean

Ric Dean
    from Central NY

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
    ... Thanks for the input; years ago I saw an article using a Pontiac Chassis for the same reasons; too far back for me to remember. Seems lately guys are using the late model big full Frame Fords & Linc-Mercs for the swap.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

6. This was probably the best European salvage yard located in Belgium.
    Sadly closed in 2010 and everything is gone now.

7. barney rubble

barney rubble

but maybe the 63 Ford could be had. It is a four door, the front clip is awsome and under the hood sits the orginal 289 with all the factory parts, including the air parts and all of that stuff.[/QUOTE]

Am I seeing this right this is a 4 door convertable?

8. **Neons**

**Neons**

This old Plymouth sedan delivery came in a nature slide show. Is it a Dodge or a Plymouth. 1939, 1940? Nice desktop pic.

Attached Files:

9. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

Cool pic! Definitley don't have to worry about anyone stealing that truck. :rolleyes:

10. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

Yeah, somebody sawed the roof off, not factory.

11. I saw this photo a long time ago - it is cool - in fact, almost too cool. I'm not able to recognize if it has been photoshopped, but I wondered if it had been the first time I saw it.

So, I'm asking knowledgeable folks on here - is this real or has it been photoshopped?

12. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

I have a print of it thats been hanging in my basement for years. Way before photo shop I think.

Later,Bill

13. barney rubble

barney rubble

OK I'll go for that. I could not tell from the original pic.

14. Seen in Saskatchewan recently.

Attached Files:

15. RayMiller

RayMiller

Saw a bunch of sitting stuff today on a little road trip I took with the family today, didn't get to stop but going to try to head back out again on my own next weekend.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

16. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

Bought the '48 Sedanette and '59 convertible today. Crawled through barn and located every piece that had been taken off convertible, last tagged in '73. Haven't decided on keeping or selling convertible yet. Sedanette will be chopped. A friend got '59 coupe and one of the '64 Impala 2D HT. He may sell the coupe if his wife hasn't already fallen in love.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. keef59

keef59

Sweet!!

18. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

well shoot ...I found these Chevy emblems at work and did not know what they came off of . They look like the one on the trunk between the tail lights on that last picture.Or are they?

[​IMG]

19. RayMiller

RayMiller

Look like 63 and 64 impala stuff Eddie.

20. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

1940 Dodge panel truck.

21. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Thanks Ray. I tried googling images of Chevy emblems but couldn't find these.

22. **Neons**

**Neons**

Thanks, I was close. Another asked if it was Photoshopped. I believe it is a copy from an original oil painting.

23. Wow... Very cool!! That convertible is saweeeet!!!!!

24. Stay outta Saskatchewan. Soon as everyone knows what we got, everyone'll wanna come here......

25. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Best deer ticks in the country, come one come all! ;)

(there, that'll keep em out!) :rolleyes:

26. koolkemp

koolkemp

I dunno ever been to Nova Scotia!

27. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

This a real CRIME!!!

Attached Files:

• 057.JPG
      057.JPG
      File size:
      330.1 KB
      Views:
    • 056.JPG
      056.JPG
      File size:
      289.2 KB
      Views:
  28. Here's one for Sitting and Rotting.....http://youtu.be/KqHbrx9Bnpw.
    I was invited along to help identify and to video unwrapping this Model A pickup. It had sat here for 25 years under tarps that sweat. What a shame.

29. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

:,(

30. Doesn't look like its been sitting there very long. Paint and tires are in too good of a condition. Maybe since last week?