Register now to get rid of these ads!

Yup Im a New guy too Spanaway WA

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by wibble_1979, Sep 25, 2012.

1. wibble_1979

wibble_1979

well I think that pretty much says it I'm new I'm from Spanaway wa. I'm military so I'm pretty much bench racing right now trying to figure out which way to go on my 1956 Chevy truck and I came across a Long wheel base to short wheel base conversion by 53CHOPTOP . which lead to a 77 camaro front clip by LUX BLUE and here I am going to do the SWB conversion while on leave ( wife dosent know that yet) and the camaro sub frame when I get home for good next year. Also have a 17 yo son who I just bought a 71 MG-BGT for and gotta put an engine and trans in. so if any one reads this and has a line on an MGB motor and trans. or a camaro sub frame it would be appreciated

2. 47fleet

47fleet

Welcome from Spokane, WA!

3. hotrod--willys

hotrod--willys

Welcome from Gig Harbor Wa.

4. ZRODZ

ZRODZ

Welcome from La Conner.

5. wibble_1979

wibble_1979

Thanks for the welcome guys

6. RH2795

RH2795

Welcome from New York.

7. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

8. skull

skull

hi..

just south of ya and l have a sub frame or 2 l'd sell.

Later :cool:

9. raymay

raymay

Welcome from New York.

10. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Welcome from the West Coast of Florida...

11. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Welcome from Tacoma. I work on base, so keep a look out for my Buick or Wagon. I've also got a '58 Chevy Truck waiting in the eves. If you need any help or just someone to drink beer while you work on your truck there's a whole bunch of guys in the area that'd be willing to do that for ya...

12. wibble_1979

wibble_1979

wow awesome Skull has a front clip for me I'm going to pick it up when I'm home on leave in November awesome truck and story to skull, I am sorry to hear about your loss if I lost one of my boy's I would go nuts. RainierHooker I will take you up on the offer the beer and the help sounds awesome. I was big into off road and 4x4 built a Toyota with a solid axle swap now my back is too messed up to use it like it was built to be used. So time to change gears Toyota is up for sale probably build an FJ-40 some where down the road for light trail run's but for now I am gonna stick to the chevy. I did some horse traiding for it ride on lawn mower rebuilt chipper shredder , 2 seat Odyssey go kart, drug it home oil down the plugs oil change battery unfroze the clutch bled the brakes filed the points and drove it the same day.

13. chilly1

chilly1
    from Tacoma,Wa

Welcome from Tacoma also just up the road Midland area

14. wibble_1979

wibble_1979

Wow thank you everyone for the offers to help and the parts this is awesome. didn't intend to have this turn in to a "pan handling" for parts thread but I'm not gonna punch a gift horse in the mouth either.

15. wibble_1979

wibble_1979

Here are some picture's the day I brought it home. drivers side front and rear fender are all bent to hell. windshield has a crack in it. passenger side floor board, sill plate, rocker panel, and step all rusted through. oddly enough drivers side is solid, cab corners are solid, door lowers and even fender's are solid. no major rust anywhere else. the bed wood is all gone and the straps are rusted away but the cross braces have only surface rust i went through it all with a welder's slag hammer and beat on everything and its solid I guess I got lucky.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  16. wibble_1979

wibble_1979

last 3 for now

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  17. Pretty cool...

Welcome from Poulsbo

18. Veach

Veach

Welcome from Texas US Army

19. wibble_1979

wibble_1979

Honduras U.S. Army be back in Spanaway WA next summer.

20. HtRdLcn

HtRdLcn

Welcome. I used to drive a '71 MGB GT while going to college. I swear that sucker cost more to fix every week than tuition did. Good Luck.

21. wibble_1979

wibble_1979

Thanks HtRdLcn, he went through several stages of himin' and hawin' before finally settling on the MG he started with a camaro, then a mustang, then a 79 camaro. I was trying to get him into an early 60's chevy II or a falcon, I even found an early 50's nash 2 door that would have made a bad ass tail dragger but nope, he wouldn't have it. I found a 79 Malibu 2 door no, finally he found the MG and had to have it so blah. you would think that the brits with all the rain would have made a car that would seal out the eliments better nope so there is a hole in the drivers side floor and the previous owner pulled the engine and trans and sold it off. it will be a fun project to do with him. now im tryin for either a early 60's buick v-8 or a 60 degree v-6 and a 5 speed he wants the original 1800 cc engine and trans who knows.

22. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

Hi Wibble: the buick 215 v-8 is a fairly easy way to go as British Leyland offered the same thing for B's right from the factory. Rover V-8's use that same motor, they bought the rights from GM. Just a thought, but with a 17 year old son, maybe the 4 banger is a safer option.

23. 35Harvester

35Harvester

Welcome from Everett.... cool truck.

24. wibble_1979

wibble_1979

Yupper's I know about the buick/ rover v-8 did you know that GM tried to reaquire it from them in the 80's? then there is the TH 400 behind the Jag V-12 with the BOP bell housing. been looking at all sorts of things even repower with 60 Deg. GM v-6 or a small block Ford. Yes having the 4 cyl would be safer with a teenager behind the wheel and gas prices hovering around $4.50 per gal. will leave it there and try and concentraite on my truck as it is pre-65 and more in the peramiters of H.A.M.B. don't want to upset the guys incharge of this thing too much good info on here. Thank you again for all the warm welcomes from everyone.
    P.S. if you want to talk weird euro engines check out the commers (rottors) knocker TS3. 3 cyl 6 piston headless camless 2 cycle GM supercharged truck engine. we are just now rediscovering opposed piston technologies. gotta love rebirth of old stuff that was ahead of its time in the 50's.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  25. kennkat

kennkat

Hello and Welcome from Twain Harte, California, USA