Register now to get rid of these ads!

SCTA El Mirage season final roll call .

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BROCK ART STUDIO, Oct 17, 2012.

1. SCTA - EL MIRAGE SEASON FINAL
    SCTA = greatest racers on earth.
    november 10 - 11 - 2012

ROCKET HEADS RACING / BOMBSHELL BETTY
    come on out !!!
    Let's get it on...

Attached Files:

2. I'll be there! Gonna be ther this weekend too!

3. RIGHT - ON !
    I heard the good, dry (almost) lake bed news
    and that they were running this weekend.

Pray for some more sun!

See you there!

4. firingorder1

firingorder1

I'll be there as well.

5. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

6. craigibc

craigibc

I'll be there.

7. Mike

Mike

I'll be there on Sunday and I'll be there in November also. Campaigning the Bean Bandits lakester.

8. BEAN BANDITS ROCK !

...see you there!

Looking forward to all you HAMB speed freaks!

ROCKET HEADS RACING

9. Good luck to all ya'all!

10. BOMBSHELL BETTY at El Mirage SCTA season Final, last year.

don't ya just DIG the turf!

ROCKET HEADS RACING

Attached Files:

11. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

We where there a couple weeks ago to do some testing and shoot a new video.
    We've been ready to run since July, we're heading out tomorrow and we'll be there in Nov. Looking forward to seeing you and your Buick again Brock.
    Check out the video, turn it up for some good classical music.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfogvaIsrhI

12. evintho

evintho

A little OT but I just saw this small blurb in Hot Rod magazine..............

"California's Desert Renewable Energy Conservation Plan has identified hot rodding's historic El Mirage Dry Lake area as the potential site of an electricity-generating wind farm. See www.DRCEP.org and politely share your opinion that his simply cannot happen!"

Tree-huggers at it again!

13. YEAH BABY !

Thanks,

That was f**kin fun LANCE-SPEED !

See you there.

* I almost finished the 2:90 to 3:25 gear swap tonight.

Attached Files:

14. New 3:25 gear
    32" Dunlops from Roger Kraus Racing...

SCTA El Mirage, season final ... lets GO !

ROCKET HEADS RACING very proudly joined the SCTA, MILERS CAR CLUB with president Doug Robinson, today.

CHEERS !

Attached Files:

15. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

They kicked me out in '84 or 5.

16. firingorder1

firingorder1

For those who weren't there you missed a great day. Windy but the lakebed was in amazing condition. McTim cranked off a 141 and Faded went 87.418. 90 is not far away.

17. I'll be there in November with the "Kraut Bros." Roadster. Just need to build a new engine first . . .

Willi

Attached Files:

18. firingorder1

firingorder1

19. Hey Rich, How the heck did that happen? Bad Boy?

I'm not really a "clubber" type, (always to much going on in the studio) so the Milers seemed to be ... as Doug put it "a club of convenience"
    They were the first club to invite me, a couple years ago, and last year (my first to El Mirage) I showed up with no fuel, assuming ERC would be there. The Milers guys gave me enough 110K fuel to run until Mike Cook brought me some more.
    I cant run El Mirage for records without belonging to a SCTA club, yet I can't afford the time (or travel expenses) to be as involved with any of the more "social" clubs.

I hope to see you out there someday.

20. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

At that time they were limiting the club to ten members. I was #10. Someone wanted to get their kid in. (Maybe Nate/BeefStew) So I moved on to the SDRC. Until internal politics caused me to move again to the Rod Riders where I have been happy for some years.

21. I clicked on the link you provided. Enjoyed the swimsuit site.

Wind farms are not clean energy. The pay back is about 12 years and and most of them are broken by that time. They are energy negative in cold weather because they need to be heated in cold weather to keep the lubrication warm. They are expensive energy because fossil fuel plants are most efficient at full load. The cost of running at full load is about the same as half load for fossil plants except for additional fuel. The power companies need to have the capacity to generate the power when the wind is not blowing. The power companies need to make up the revenue loss because the fossil plants do not generate enough money to pay the bills at half load. The consumer rates are increased to cover this expense plus the taxpayer pays all of the government handouts to the wind farms.

They are also land hogs and eye sores.

The president should higher an engineer instead of a political science major or campaign contributor so he can understand simple math and economics.

I went to El Mirage in the nineties and really enjoyed the weekend. I still remember some of the cars. A white Model "A" coupe with a laid back windshield was one of my favorites.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  22. Cool Rich (I hope)
    I can only hope that it is in the past, well enough and that all is good.

To EL MIRAGE we go... as a SCTA , Milers club member.
    with hopes for the XO / GCC 160 record.

I ran 143.7 last year, with a bad tune, 3:10 and 30's

I'll try my new tuned intake (added 62 dino hp) 3:25 and 32's

Hope to see a bunch of HAMB-ERS there!

Attached Files:

23. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

Jeff, see you there and welcome to the MILERS. I'll be at the White Goose Bar with the Tank. Wayno

24. Didn't know you were a Rod Rider, that's where I will hang my hat when the year is over. They've been helping me for the past two years figure I better join. :rolleyes: I believe Tman will be there too.

25. I'll be out there with a good tune and a different ratio in the rear. Pulled so good to 141 and still climbing I just have to try and bump it up a bit. May fall on my face but gotta move forward.

26. Yup most of our club will be there, SDRC, We set a new record of 186 on an old record of 168. E/G MR. John Noonan went 235 on his fuel bike!!!!

27. It's all good !

Come on out HAMB-ERS !
    get a *taste of historic SCTA - El Mirage clay dirt...

28. firingorder1

firingorder1

I'm a slow poke compared to the rest of you but I do get to see the dirt up close. Happy to say the sidecar ran 130 on a 120 record. And looking forward to the Nov. meet. See you there.

29. too cool !

30. Yep.. I'll be doing patrol duty, for Stan Back. See you all there!