Register now to get rid of these ads!

ford engines in chevys lets see em

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hot74roadrunner, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hot74roadrunner

hot74roadrunner
    BANNED

i know im not the only one that would do this

2. cmyhtrod

cmyhtrod
    from ct

No you aren't, I worked with a guy in San Diego years ago who put a 289 in a Vega. I think he used an early Bronco oil pan in order to clear the cross member.

Sorry pics got lost years ago

3. terry48435

terry48435

A guy stayed at our motel in Shepardsville,Tenn when we were at the NSRA Nats a few years ago,had a 302 Ford motor in a '35 Chevy and it was for sale.He sold it that weekend.

4. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Short thread huh.

5. No you aren't! I would do it any day.

6. A Boner

A Boner

Wow, they are more rare than a Ford in a Ford!

7. ibuild

ibuild

i have a 351w in a 29 pontiac roadster, not a chev but close enough, pure hot rod

8. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

I know. I had all I could do to stomach putting a ford in my ford let alone a chevy.

9. Next....

10. Drive Em

Drive Em

Growing up, my dad's '58 Chevy pickup had a 289 Ford in it. When The truck became mine in high school, I put a 4V 351 Cleveland in it with a Toploader 4 speed and a nine inch Ford rear end. I callled the truck "Revenge" for all the Chevy's that were installed in Ford pickups. It would really make people mad when I lifted the hood.

When we decided to rebuild the truck 10 years ago, I contemplated putting the 351 back in it, but I decided that anything other than a SBC would be cool, so we went with the 348 Chevy that is in it now.

11. Funny. I just couldn't stomach putting a Government Motors engine in my Ford.:D

12. spiders web

spiders web

Always been the bigger man when I see those dime store 350's in a 32 high boy or a 40 coupe. Always passed it off as just uninformed idiots with the only taste they possess in there mouth. Then two summers ago I was provoked to the bone by some creaton who put a 454 in a 1961 Ford Starliner coupe. Fortunately for him he was not with the car when I saw it. Well you members of the bowtie league I am in revenge mode and loving every minute of it as I put a Ford 429/C-6 in a newly purchased 1957 Chevrolet Nomad. Yes boys and girls this evil plan is over half way to completion. Hopefully this summer coming to a show near you the Femad will be unveiled.

13. coilover

coilover
    from Texas

34 Chevy Master 5w coupe with a 98 Lincoln 4.6 and 03 Merc Marauder heads. Has the MSD stand alone ignition and going with electronic 8 stack injectors. Did a 48 Chevy business coupe with an 03 Mach 1 4.6 that runs strong and building a 55 Chevy big window PU that's getting either the Cobra blower engine or the Coyote 6.0. I don't have to clean the puke off the fenders from people getting nauseated at having to look at another sb350. Hell, I might even put one in the Nomad and 66 SS if they weren't so damn original.

Attached Files:

14. Very nice! I would love to see this one

15. mammyjammer

mammyjammer
    from Area 51

Let the Bow Tie boys feel the pain of the Ford faithful!!!!

16. I still want to build a 57 Bel Air with a 440/727 for the ultimate revenge, the bowtie boys won't know what to think!!

17. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

There was actually a 56 Chevrolet Sedan Delivery here in Washington State about 35 years ago, that made the show car circuit every year, with all MOPAR powertrain. I "believe" at the time it had an injected 413 Wedge and pushbutton Torqueflite with an 8 3/4 rear end. It was done up street gasser style. It's still around Eastern Washington as a street car. I always went to the shows just to see that car. I may be a Chevrolet guy, but any motor that has power is worthy of respect. To the fella putting a 429/C6 in a 57 Nomad, more POWER to ya'! Being most Ford V-8's were front sump, it's got to be more of a challenge that going the SBC/BBC route. Years ago, there was a C-3 or 4 Vette with a flathead V-8 in it, on that auction site we all know and love. I even drove an LX 5.0 Mustang for a few years that I inherited from my wife, after we bought her a new Gymnastics Mom-Mobile. When I was in high school (66-69), there was a guy that had TWO 55 Chevrolet 210 2 door sedans, identical, right down to the dual exhaust chrome tips. One was a 235 six, the other had a 392 Hemi in it; wanna race? Sure, just let me go gas this thing up and I'll be right back. Then he'd go home to get the Hemi car. When I was still Bracket Racing my FED, a plumber friend of mine blew up the 350 in his Chevrolet 3/4 ton work truck; in went a BBF/C6. He'd race the thing with bedside tool boxes and everything. His racing buddy, who had a 40 Willys Coupe I found for him, in went a BBF and C6 also. They did race a BBF powered Falcon, so they were'nt completely against brand dedication. I'm all for creativity, and dedication to a particular brand is fine.....and so is doing something radically different. Nobody should be crying about it. Butch/56sedandelivery.

18. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

you ford lovers are always so delusional!

19. deadgearhead

deadgearhead
    from Washington

If you're going to run a turd of an engine, you might as well put it in a car that looks better than the turd bucket it came out of. :p

20. kracker36

kracker36

Im a Ford lover--------------------and you live in California:rolleyes:

21. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

My buddy is finishing up a 48 Chevy sedan delivery with SBF 289... He was given a hard time about having a SBC in his Ford so now he is even... I could stop by and take pics of anyone is interested

22. A few years ago my friend and I put a 440/727 in his 69 Nova. We even put modified 400 sbc tags on the fenders that said 440. had all kinds of fun at the coffee shop.

Lee

23. Ha, ha.

22 responses and 4 of them are about putting a MOPAR in a Chevy, one if about a Ford in a Pontiac, one about a chevy that used to have a ford but now has a 348, and at least 3 are about I would do it (which is to say that I haven't).

I am trying to think if when the last time was that I saw a Ford in a Chevy, well a couple of years ago there was a '36 Chevy truck for sale here that had a 302/C4 combo in it.

How about a Ford axle under a Chevy, not a mustang II but a ford axle like say an econoline under a tri 5 or a cross leaf setup under an old coupe. You may get more respose to that one. ;)

24. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

An icon with an icon for power!

25. I would love to swap an FE into an early '50s Chevy. Another sad but funny thing is most people wouldn't know there wasn't any V8s (let alone 350s) between 1919 and 1954. It'd be great to make it look half stock. Some of it is "revenge" and the rest is love for the FE. Some of those early '50s Chevys looked better than some of the Fords anyway. Oooooh, how about a 312 in a stock looking Tri-Five or 'Vette. Most people wouldn't notice anything different.

26. raidmagic

raidmagic

Damn you guys are weird, I'm a Chevy guy and I could care less if you put a Ford or a Dodge into a Chevy. As far as that goes as long as you are building something cool have at it. I'm a Vette guy too and I like that C3 with the flat head in it too.

27. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Must have been to fast with a 235.

28. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

Hey Coilover. Have you ever wired the stock fuel injection up? I have a line on an all aluminum 32 valve lincoln and wanted to know if you ever used the donor car's harness. Love your project list. Want to do this to my 48 ford tudor sedan with a cobra 5 speed. Thanks.

29. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

I'm thinking of putting a 289 in a 68 Camaro I have in the back lot

30. Benny_H

Benny_H

I take my Hat off. I love pissin' people off and this would do nicely. haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.