Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen !! 33 Plymouth coupe body Spokane

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 33mopower, Oct 18, 2012.

1. 33mopower

33mopower

Over the weekend when I was on a trip to Medford Oregon to pick up a 41 Dodge COE we had our shop broken into and a bunch of items removed. On Tuesday a local auction company called us and told us the Spokane sheriffs department had recovered some of our stuff with there auction tags on them. Today we talked to the guy that discovered them on a wooded area of his property. On Monday he noticed a trailer that had a bunch of stuff on his property along with a 33 Plymouth coupe body. He went back to check it out on Tuesday and the trailer was still there but the coupe body had been removed so he removed the items that he thought were valuable and hauled the trailer along with the rest of the items down to the Reinland auction yard. The body was the nicest 33 Plymouth body I had. It had some damage to the roof along with some rust thru from sitting on its roof. It was a business coupe with no decklid. There was also a 33 Dodge truck frame that was take with some heavy steal that I assume made it's way to a scrap yard. Though we recovered some of the Items I was hoping you guys out there in Hamb Land could keep an eye out for the coupe body. Thanks Russ

2. BISHOP

BISHOP

I hope you get your stuff back, hope you find out who took it.

3. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

:mad: That sucks.. Bttt for you.

4. I'll keep an eye peeled. Hope you find the stuff!!

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Really bad. :( Does the story the guy told you about "finding a trailer on his property and then hauling what was left to an auction " make sense to you ? If I found a stray trailer loaded with stuff on my property I would call the cops, but never haul it to an auction to sell it. Something smells to me in that story.

Don

6. Rich R

Rich R
    from SoCal

I'm on the lookout, them early Plymouth bodies are not a common sight, I'll keep on the watch.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  7. Will watch for it over here....

8. mjlangley

mjlangley
    from SE MI

What a nightmare, bttt for you. I agree: the trailer story smells...

9. Hope you get them back. That really sucks. eyes open in Tacoma

10. 117harv

117harv

X2..:cool:...will keep an eye out down here too.

11. Randy in Oklahoma

Randy in Oklahoma
    from Oklahoma

Agree, no one in their right mind would do this. The guy that found the trailer is covering up something....

12. 58 Yeoman

58 Yeoman
    from Lacon, IL

This smells fishy to me, too, all the way over here in Illinois. He should be charged with selling stolen property. I hope you get your stuff back...

13. eyes peeled in the moses lake/tri cities area

14. Beau

Beau

The items had AUCION ticket on them.

The guy that found the trailer towed it back to the auction yard. Not to sell stuff, but to return it.

At least that's how I understood it.

Good luck.

15. 33mopower

33mopower

He wasn't trying to sell the stuff at auction. He took it to the auction yard because the auction tags were the only way he could identify who they belonged to. The auction yard went back thru there records then called us. The guy did call the police and they came out and documented it. We have a case number. The police then left with no intention of doing anything with the property. The guy didn't want shady people hanging around his property so he hauled it off after locking the valuables in his garage. The police never contacted us it was the auction yard then the guy himself. If I would have know about it when it was on his property I would have asked him to leave it and waited for them to show up.

16. 117harv

117harv

Thanks for the clarafication^^^

17. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

That sucks! Will keep an eye out over here. Do you have a pic of the body you could post?

18. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Pics would be helpful! Hope you get your stuff back man!
    J

19. Jon SSS

Jon SSS

On patrol here in Seattle!

20. chickenshift

chickenshift

Please post a good description of body. Color, , etc., Im sure they would spray primer or paint over it fi they were going to try and sell. But maybe it will get seen in the meantime. I know how you feel, had the same happen to me a about a year ago. Lets hope you get your coupe back.

21. chickenshift

chickenshift

i was thinking the same​

22. Sorry to hear. Was this at your house shop or a pro shop? Any insurance?

23. I live up on the north side of Spokane. I've got my eyes peeled!!!

I've seen and heard of lots of people dumping stolen cars and parts up on Beacon Hill.

Good luck brother!!

24. kscarguy

kscarguy

Contact the local scrap yards with pictures so they can keep an eye out for it.

25. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Eyes open bro...

26. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

Hate a damn thief! Hope you get your stuff back!!

27. It sounds like you have a hard working police dept.

"The police then left with no intention of doing anything with the property. The guy didn't want shady people hanging around his property so he hauled it off after locking the valuables in his garage. The police never contacted us it was the auction yard then the guy himself")

28. Earlier this year Spokane PD dropped their property crime division due to budget cuts. The week after that was announced it shot up. Property crime has steadily risen ever since. It is ridiculous.

29. antiqueautomike

antiqueautomike
    from Spokane

In Washington they cant scrap the body without a title. All of the Washington wrecking yards can't take major component parts without titles. This is of course if everyone is playing by the rules. I'll keep an eye out here @ Antique Auto Ranch. BTW we have been having a hard time keeping these creeps out of our yard, if it isn't bolted down they walk off with it.