Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bought myself a 62 chevy wagon cruiser....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junkyard junky, Oct 11, 2012.

1. junkyard junky

junkyard junky

Picked up a 62 chevy bel air station wagon from a fellow hamb member about two weeks ago. I've wanted something that was all original and that I could haul some stuff in. A 283 that runs good with a poweglide trans. I've got a couple of friends that are in the music business and play in side bands in their down time. With the second and third row seats laid down I can get several vintage Marshall amps and cabinets in the back! Might order a set of supremes for it.

Attached Files:

2. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

Cool car! Im a sucker for wagons

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Congrats! Awesome wagon

4. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Cool car,Love the 62 chevs in any body style configuration.

5. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

In the mid 70's I found a red 62 Bel Air Wagon just sitting beside a house; it never moved. I stopped one day when I saw the people out in the yard. They acted surprised anyone would even want the car, but it was'nt for sale. As I continued to drive by over the years, it just deteriorated; paint faded, rust spots and rust through appeared, leaves on the roof, a couple of low/flat tires, and then one day it was gone. All that was left was the bare spot in the grass where it had been. And I just know it went with a hulk hauler. Just sickening. Take good care of that one, but I'd put chrome reverse and hub caps on it. It's the wrong car for Supremes, IMHO. Butch/56sedandelivery.

6. Cool longroof!

I dig it, enjoy! :)

7. cheveey57

cheveey57

Very nice, good luck with her.

8. Donzie

Donzie

I really dig wagons. I drive a '93 Buick Roadmaster that's been slightly customized. I know it's know HAMB material but I love the car. I haul my music gear it and it drives like a dream. Congrats on your '62, sweet car.

9. RayMiller

RayMiller

Man that's what I want so bad is a 62 wagon! I would trade my 52 for one. I'm jealous for sure, but have fun with it and supremes for sure.

10. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

nice solid looking car, best of luck.

11. In 1969 I totaled your wagons twin,,,loaded down with band equipment when I collided with a propane truck,,you can look at your dash and imagine your right knee eating the temperature controls and bending the steering wheel.

My girlfriend was hit in the back of the head when one of the amplifier heads for a big Fender amp came forward,,see lost a couple of teeth when she ate the dash.

She went for dental surgery the next day and our band played that Saturday night,,I sat in a chair and played,,we were both hurting frogs for several days.

The truck driver was unhurt and admitted running the light.

we were fortunate enough that my girlfriends Grandmother had a wagon that she loaned to us for a while to haul our equipment in.

If you guys know me this story will start to come full circle,,the girlfriend became my wife and her grandmothers wagon is the car I recently got back on the road.

As for the band,,don't think that will happen,,3 of the original members are deceased. HRP

12. slowmotion

slowmotion

Love all things '62, even a wagon. Congats!!

13. FRANKENSTEIN1313

FRANKENSTEIN1313

Nice brother. Very cool.
    Looking for one myself.....

14. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

Johnathan,,,, i think the Supremes' would look really tough....

i couldnt find a pic of a 62 wagon,, so here's a 58 & a 64 w/ astro's...

[​IMG]

(looks like the 64 has 13X7 reversed,,, i'd personally stick with a 14X7)
    [​IMG]

15. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

so do i

Attached Files:

16. 50ChevyFrank

50ChevyFrank

When I was 16 and wanting a car I had an uncle in St. Louis. He had a friend with a 62 Chevy wagon for sale. This was in early 71. A 1-owner 6-cylinder 3-speed car - with new paint. Guy had a minor fender bender but got a complete paint job out of the insurance deal.
    $250.
    I didn't think it was cool enough. A wagon - no way! Stupid kid...

Sweet ride! Congrats.

17. slammed

slammed

She'd look double sweet w/ Supremes and pinner's.

18. Gotta love the wagons.... I managed to total out 3 of them and I'm still here.

Bob

19. junkyard junky

junkyard junky

Where is the best place to buy supremes? Carb is being rebuilt. I can't get the rear electric window to roll down. Tested all three switches and they're getting power. Ran out of time today and thats as far as I got.

20. ncsteven

ncsteven
    from STL

i got mine through summit. seems to be the best option

21. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

can you get to the motor to jump it? the motor should have two wires,,try jumping the two wires . if it dont go down, reverse the wires and try it again,,(might even smack the motor if it doesnt respond)

22. Roadsir

Roadsir

I have a similar wagon....70K original miles, factory air, 283 glide. I am pulling the tint, torq thrust II's and restoring a set of Universal Dragmaster five spokes (like original Americans) for a more traditional look.
    There a blast!

[​IMG]

23. junkyard junky

junkyard junky

Thats what I plan on doing. I didn't want to roll the window down incase it would go backup since its sitting outside.

I got the carb back from being rebuilt. Found out it had a bunch junk inside.

24. junkyard junky

junkyard junky

Nice looking wagon! Mine has 58K miles.

25. RayMiller

RayMiller

So I found myself one on cl down here that I want to get. Then I can join the 62 long roof club! Just have to sell my 52 first.

26. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

27. junkyard junky

junkyard junky

Got the wagon back from the transmission shop. The owner pulled the trans and disassembled it. All new seals were installed. Everything looked good on the inside. I have to put a pinion seal in this week.

28. RC Kid

RC Kid
    from Alabama

Wagons are so cool, and functional! Great for the car guy with kids.

29. junkyard junky

junkyard junky

Our for the guy hauling Vintage Marshall amps cabs. Along with an old guitar or too.

30. kennkat

kennkat

OHhh, that's soooo Kool!!!