Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1937 to 1942 Willys Picture Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Willys, Jan 15, 2011.

1. 440 deluxe

440 deluxe

Weasel, I meet some friends of yours at shades of the past with a really fine 33 coupe. Black with red leather. SLIIIICK car! He was saying how he had a friend with all these willys and after a few stories I asked if it was you. "Oh yea" Small world. Hope to see so progress pics of your coupe soon.

2. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Our all steel willys truck. For sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested.[​IMG]

3. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

If only I had some money:(

4. Weasel

Weasel

I have friends??? Really ???;) That'll be Randy & Yvonne - ltownrodder here on the Hamb. That black 1933 coupe of his is one of my all time favorites - funnily enough I have a real 1933 Willys roadster in the same color scheme. Glad to hear your trip went well....

5. Weasel

Weasel

ME.GASSER that is such a sweet truck but I need another Willys like I need a hole in the head....:(

6. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you weasel.

7. 440 deluxe

440 deluxe

i wish i had the money. i love your truck!! and coupe hahahahah

8. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Here is a pic of my dads sedan. 400 sbc, auto, air, MII, 57 Ford 9 inch...

Attached Files:

9. Hemiaaron

Hemiaaron

Lompoc, CA, seems to be the happening place for up and coming nostalgia cars and race fans ;) Great Friday night and Saturday all day event at the Hot Rod Ranch shops attests to this and so did the booth and awesome people of Lompoc Valley Motorsports Park Project, headed by Carl Creel. Check out their site www.racelompoc.com for more info.

Many of yesterday’s gassers and hot rods gathered up at the current ranch shop on Friday night, 10/12/12, from where they caravanned to the Chili Chowdown car show where the locals united with the bench racers for some fun times of talking, music and food. Saturday was even more elaborate with continuation of even more cars, even better food and the best of times at the Hot Rod Ranch Crib J

There were so many beautiful cars and people; but, for time and space sake, here are just a few of the overview and some of our friends who were there with us ;)

Attached Files:

10. Hey Hemiaaron, we came up with a new name for your Willys on saturday night. One of the guys hanging out (Tim), had had a few to many cocktails and was talking about your lady friend "working the hula hoop", only he tripped on his own words and said
    "hula coupe"! We all laughed (at him) and said what a bitchen name for your car! So now many of us will be refering to your car as "The Hula Coupe"

11. Hemiaaron

Hemiaaron

Well, I think you did not have enough to drink that night. keep drinking to come up with a better one. LOL

12. Welcome to the H.A.M.B. Aaron. Hemiaaron is a friend of mine who sold me the 37 sedan that made it possible for me to build my coupe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He was a customer of mine back before the H.A.M.B. was a twinkle in Ryan's eye. That was his Hemi powered coupe, recently sold.

[​IMG]

Here is Aaron's current car, 39 coupe that gets driven all over....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Weasel

Weasel

As this is a hardcore Willys thread just to let you guys know I have listed my original all steel 1940 De luxe project coupe in the Hamb classifieds - check it out....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Hemiaaron

Hemiaaron

Thanks Kiwi Kev.

My sedan was only the base for Nasty Habit. Not too many people could of done what you did with your coupe shell. Great Job!!! Coupe turned out nice...

15. 39WILLZ

39WILLZ

Hey Aaron love ya 39 seen it a couple of times in the flesh on visits to the states but never met you for a chat one of my favorite Willys regards Wayne

16. Weasel

Weasel

Okay guys - check this out for originality in a coupe....

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230867536945

17. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

I just got me a 38 pickup that I'm gonna gasser-it's a nice original truck. Can't wait to get started. I'll post a pic soon!

18. biscaynes

biscaynes

19. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

right in my backyard, offered by a friend, just around the corner from my fabricator.

and I knew nothing of it!!!

20. Hemiaaron

Hemiaaron

Thanks Wayne!!! Next time you visit maybe we can chat a little. March Meet is is only about 6 months away... Cheers

21. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

Same with the birth our grandchildren also happening in March (Gina's son & his wife are expecting TWINS) so if the timing is right maybe we can hook-up with you guys.

With our cruising season coming to an end here in southwestern Pennsylvania it's tough seeing you SoCal guys still TCB.

Lompoc looks like a great place for hot rodders to gather.... got tired of sitting in parking lots a long time ago. Like sitting on an asphalt frying pan. :eek:
    [​IMG]

Places like Lompoc make for a more enjoyable time. So if the timing is right maybe we'll see you there in March or .....?????

22. Very nice -- and the bidding reflects it.

23. My not so exciting 37 i have owned for 35 years. JW[​IMG]

24. this one just popped up on the local craigs list, pretty solid looking

Attached Files:

25. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

I got this off the Hot Rod Mayhem FB page. Nice looking Car! Cool pic too!

Attached Files:

26. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sweet little car. Like it alot

27. Thanks ME.GASSER, i got it in '77 just after i turned 18, did the mechanicat stuff and got a bit of panel work done with new paint and drove it for nine years as my only driver clocking up 70K. Got a bit worn out so parked it up in '86. When i finish my '26 T rpu im going to get it back on the road and then my '35 thats been waiting since '81, can't rush these things.JW

28. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Here's something you don't see very often, a stock pickup. I shot this at the Gathering of the Faithful show in Rochester this past weekend.

[​IMG]

29. hoop

hoop

That is far from stock.Unless 350 Chevys with automatics came stock.

30. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

[​IMG]
    Lifted from another thread