Register now to get rid of these ads!

Running Fat Fender Cars... Fenderless?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Captain Neckbeard, Oct 12, 2012.

1. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

I've seen a few 35-36 Ford coupes set up with sort of a short-track racer theme that were cool, if a bit offbeat. You had best have a plan that is supportable by some kind of recognizable history, or it will be silly and ugly.

2. 6-71

6-71

Don Garlits has his fenderless 36 Ford coupe in the museum,Actually it looks pretty cool to me.I think it is slightly channeled.

3. Kinda like a fat woman without a bra. Some things need to stay on ....And make it a Ninkasi Sleighr for me...Cheers

4. Ninkasi makes my favorite IPA.

5. Dammit

Dammit
    from Canada

"Jesus H titty fucking Christ in a sidecar, that is totally repugnant (IMO). Talk about turning a Chevrolet into some kind of screwed up stretched out VW bug!:eek:
    I'm going to lose sleep over that one!"

Wow, Kripfink, you took the words right out of my mouth.

6. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

are you building a "high and mighty" copy? then maybe...if not, no.

7. madmak95

madmak95

Here's the 36 at Garlits museum.

And here the '35 I picked up last month..... be advised ...I am looking for fenders tho.

Attached Files:

8. 1pickup

1pickup

Sure. Just put an old rusty '40s body without fenders on an S10 frame, add Model A radiator, oil burning 305, Camaro buckets, & really wide & rusty Cragar SS wheels, & you've got yourself a show winning beauty!
    Leave the fenders on.

9. I saw a '39 Chevy coupe with no fenders and said "WHY". If it's newer than '34 it needs it's fenders.

10. Really?????

11. Zykotec

Zykotec

With the exception of maybe a properly done '35 or '37, I agree with most of the posts in this thread. (I was to lazy to make a photoshop right now, but this is close to what I woulda done.
    [​IMG]

12. mickeyc

mickeyc

There is a 40 Ford coupe rolling around the Red Wing Minnesota area with no fenders, tubular roadrace front a arm suspension and a Frankland type
    quick change. The forty had a 502 under the hood and a stick shift tranny. It was black prime when I saw it and looked really cool It looked like the tough guy from the old neighborhood spoiling for a fight! I did not get any shots of this coupe but may be some of you guys know it?

13. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

There are lots of cool looking ones out there, but they all have numbers on the doors and run at your local dirt track.

14. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

It will look like poopy...

15. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not wanting to be offensive and rude I will just re-iterate what Kripfink said...............
    :rolleyes:

Doc.:D

16. farmer12

farmer12

Keep the fenders........please.

17. Dadstoy 2

Dadstoy 2

Its like a obese chick with a short skirt. You really don't want to see whats up under it. Keep the fenders.

18. swaluda

swaluda
    from pa.

no, your OK, you just need to calm down a little. Sometimes i have things running through my mind In the end i wonder what i was thinkin. Stan

19. Yeah... I had another one of those moments last week. I had the hood down to bare metal and, In a moment of thoughtlessness, had it all taped out to cut a hole in the hood for the scoop that's going to top the tunnel ram setup. Luckily, I came to my senses as I was pulling out my torch.

Man, that was close!

20. Modeljunkie

Modeljunkie

The old 40s/50s mopars just don't look right without fenders...your car-your call, but imho, keep em on. That's my 2 cents, fwiw.

21. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

I saw a Volvo running with Bike fenders up front and fenders in the back that look like bobbed fenders of an A. The one that look like a down scaled 46 ford.

That I can handle, but no fenders at all looks like a fat chick in tights. You see much then you want to, and it makes it look unattractive!

22. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

They are known for their "fat fenders" keep them on!

Would be just as wrong as Tits McGee getting a breast reduction, just not the same anymore