Register now to get rid of these ads!

Run for the boarder with the 36

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatheadfever, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Probably not the border you're thinking of. Picked up a 36 5 window today from Maine and hauled ass north (very slowly) and got by the border patrol. Paid my kings ransom to the tax collectors guarding our border and now I sit many miles from the border refuelling the body before the last 4 hours home.
    Met some nice folks in Maine ( they are a lot like Canucks but have guns). There are a bunch of nice cars from there.
    Told my wife this is my dream car and is the last one, she doesn't really believe it but she humours me (unless I find a three window of course). I never told her that.
    I am going to make an effort to make this my epic build thread, not sure what direction but I'm pretty stoked so far.
    It's missing all the little brackets and mouldings and garnish trims but I'll find those in time. And drivetrain come to think of it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    North of the border

Wish me luck on the last bit home and more to come!!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  2. Model T1

Model T1

Good luck. Yep, it's all there. Mostly. Sorta. Except for a few tiny pieces. But there are a lot of those pieces back here on this side of the boarder.
    Just don't forget, we got guns !:rolleyes:

3. GregCon

GregCon
    from Houston

Actually, the boarder I was thinking of was the guy who lives in a portion of your house in exchange for money.

4. Dammit

Dammit
    from Canada

Great score, looking forward to the build on this one.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That looks like a good start. I don't even see any visible bullet holes.

6. koolkemp

koolkemp

I guess you went for it lol ! I can't wait to see it I will be over tomorrow to check it out, I am happy for you man!!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. Fenders

Fenders

You were thinking of Roger the lodger....

There was a young girl from Cape Cod,
    Who thought babies came only from God.
    T'wasn't the Almighty
    Who lifted her nightie.
    T'was Roger the Lodger by god!

8. GregCon

GregCon
    from Houston

...won't her daddy be surprised
    when he sees her belly rise...

9. I plan to use the drop axle from my 39. The 36 came with a real MII front end which I'll put with the 39 when I sell it. I take some pics tomorrow.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Made it home
    Parts hauler has a spark plug problem not quality but quantity! Needs a SBC.

[​IMG][/IMG]

10. Going through my score and pretty happy with the condition. Cowl has been hacked a bit. Gotta figure if I use a SBC how much the cowl needs to be moved

The front fender are good and don't neat too much repair

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not sure what got for headlights?

[​IMG]

11. A darn nice starting point,,looking forward to the build! HRP

12. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Glad you made it across the border and did not get stopped because of the boarder who was living in the car. :D

13. Okay I blame it on the spell check on the IPad and that's my story and I'm sticking to it. LOL

14. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Cool fine.. Should be a fun build....

15. seatex

seatex

oh, yeah! Goooooooood score!

16. koolkemp

koolkemp

Oh man its a super solid car ! Now I gotta real coupe to take measurements from when I start to build a home made 3 window from a rotten tudor ...could be amusing !

17. 210sedan

210sedan
    from upnorth,wi

headlights,one with long bolt is 35,short bolt 36,same bucket

18. My I pad makes me sound crazy sometimes to

19. I told my wife the same. And I actually saw a pretty damned nice deal on a 3 window but 11 cars already, I'm at my tipping point unless I add more covered storage or get rid of some of my other cars. I am still looking every day for other cool cars. I love my 36!! But then a 35 is cool or a Lead sled, or or or or or ................. I still have my eyes open!!