Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just a girl with a 49 Ford...

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Nailhead Brooklyn, Aug 9, 2012.

1. daddio211

daddio211

I can live with that.

2. Welcome from Wisconsin. My old lady works on old cars as well.

3. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

4. rockguy92

rockguy92

Hey RiotPirate,

Welcome to the HAMB. You are my kind of girl; one that likes Shoebox Fords. Enjoy your build!!

The Rock

5. customrod48

customrod48

welcome from another shoebox lover.....

6. sp1ke

sp1ke

Welcome from down Port Charlotte way...This is what I got

spike

7. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67
    from J Town

Glad to have you on board. Can't wait to see some pics of your ride.

Here's mine,hopfully it'll give you some inspiration.
    [​IMG]

8. dwaynerz

dwaynerz

welcome from illinois

9. lee_lo07

lee_lo07
    from Exeter

Welcome!!! Can't wait to see some pics..

10. raidmagic

raidmagic

Welcome from the Tampa/Brandon area

11. And once again, welcome from Oklahoma! Good luck with your 49. Still working on mine -about to finish the brakes. It ran when my buddy parked it about 6 years back - I've had it for 3 years. Soon we will roll it out and crank it up!!

12. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

Hey, from down under,if you need another dog i'm very obedient,lol, ok ! Gaz!

BTW we love our 4drs,that's all God gave us!

13. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Hey guys, just an update...there is none! I'm getting really frustrated at this point...I live in a Downtown area, which means the only place I have to work on this car is literally on the street...I'm not down with that! My buddy owns a shop and I am literally just waiting on him to roll some other projects out so I can get a space...I don't blame him, he travels a lot for work and has a lot on his plate...but I've reached the point where I'm losing the excitement...I was sooo stoked to start tearing apart this car and after 2 months of nothing, it just sucks...I hate being at the mercy of other people but at this point in time my hands are tied...so here I sit...frustrated...

~RP~

14. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Too bad you're not closer to the Craptown that is Flint, MI. I'd help you out and you could go drink beers with Daren.....

15. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

I wish! I just need some patience, but that is a virtue I've never quiet had lol.

16. fireman 55

fireman 55

Hell yes keep the more doors alive and welcome

17. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67
    from J Town

Hey we all get frustrated,it's normal, but the best thing to do when you can't actully work on your ride is start collecting parts for it to keep yourself motivated.

My 31 roadster sat in the garage for 3 years before I even lifted a wrench, but during the course of those 3 years I collected a ton of parts to really get going on her once the time allowed.

Don't lose the fire, you'll get her going.

18. FF SIX ONE

FF SIX ONE

Yeah hang in there girl. Sometimes you got to wait for the right time, even when you want it to be right now. Think of it as a lil more planning time.

19. psyco50

psyco50
    from Pomona,ca

Welcome from Pomona, Ca, also a owner of a Box.

20. wibble_1979

wibble_1979

If it helps any Pirate, I got my 56 a week before leaving for Honduras for a year. So I'm chomping at the bit, I can't wait for Leave so I can go play. In the mean time I have been studying how to do the repair's that need doing, how others have done the same or similar repairs and the modifications I want to do (that's how I fond the H.A.M.B.) Good luck with your project and don't despair sooner or later you will get it done.

21. Welcome to the h.a.m.b enjoy the ride................

22. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Did you make it to the NSRA show this weekend at the Tampa Fairgrounds? There were a few nice older customs. Today is the last day! Gary

Attached Files:

23. Brooklyn, if you need anything give me a call...Congrats on your '49. Nate.

24. hvywrench

hvywrench
    from N.W. Conn.

Probably more of us than you realize have been there. I beg space in a shop that belongs to someone else and have an hour's drive each way just to work on it.
    Mine sat and waited about 30 years for me to tinker with stuff and now it is coming along at a decent pace. Not as fast as I would like sometimes....
    I understand the desire to tear into it and make big progress, but small steps are how these things get done sometimes. Try not to lose the enthusiasm, you'll get there!
    Bill

25. Veach

Veach

Welcome from Texas

26. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Yeah I have "patience" tattooed on my arm for a reason, I literally have NONE! I know things won't happen over night but zero progress is getting under my skin, but alas, soon enough! Should have it in there by the end of the month *fingers crossed*...

Gnichols, no I didn't make it to the NSRA show...

Nate - I have your number buddy, I'll get with you once I figure out exactly what it is I need lol...

Thanks everyone!

27. Hey kid don't take this as stalking but I just happened onto you introduction, I like the idea of leaving it a more door, it is what it is.

I don't know that patience is a virtue when it comes to building a car, the very best while patient with their craft were or are the very least patient people in the world.

A belated welcome is in order I suppose, I don't welcome very many any more if that makes any difference.

By the way I have FTW inked on my bicep, Hate Everyone was taken. :D

28. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Hahaha thank you sir lol...

29. Made ya smile this must be a good day. ;)