Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects What do you do when you already have too many projects?--You buy ANOTHER!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by earl schieb, Jul 5, 2012.

1. or..... "I joined the longroof club" :D

Truthfully. I'm looking at 15+ projects(old cars & trucks--not counting bikes boats and late-models:eek:). I have a problem. I want one of everything....and I'm doing a fair job of reaching that goal :eek:...but this was too good to pass up:cool:

Three weeks ago BenD overnighted at my place and tried to talk me into riding with him to North Carolina to deliver scootermcrad's Pontiac, but I knew about this 30-car auction happening 15 miles away the next day, so I opted to stay home. Somewhere in the back of my mind I kept the auction option open, knowing there was a cute little 58 Yeoman 2dr wagon project that would probably bring either stupid money or nothing. Next morning, after some responsible adult thinking, I blew off the auction. Hell, I've got enough already---why buy another car? Yup. Good decision.;) As the day drug on, curiosity get the best of me so I checked the auction online for results---sure enough--sold, $1100. "Dammit!" I thought.."I woulda gone $1500 :mad: Oh well......
    That afternoon, NotsojollyRoger called and we discussed the auction, and I expressed my remorse for not attending. Fast forward to last Saturday, Roger tells me "I know the guy that bought that wagon you wanted, and he wants to flip it--he lives down the road from my house" What?:confused: Really??... So off I go to pick up Roger and check out the wagon in person--figuring it would probably be a victim of inflation....but not so. After looking it over, I asked the new owner what he thought....."I gave $1100, plus a $50 tow bill---I'd be happy to get my money back"
    WHOA!!!! I bought it!!!!
    [​IMG]

No, it's far from roadworthy, but worthy nonetheless. 6cyl/3spd, new rockers and patch panels in the quarters...still needs front floors and a right fender(plus upholstery and paint and ....AUUUGGGHHH!!!!) :)

Plans? Heck, I don't know. True spokes for sure, cause I have 'em laying around. Altitude adjustment for sure. I have a 307/sag 4spd in the corner. I like the looks of 58-60 Corvette grille teeth--maybe two spliced together.
    Reality....it'll probably sit out back for a while with the rest....but I'm happy :)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  2. 76cam

76cam

Welcome to the NEVER HAVE ENOUGH PROJECT CLUB lol!!!!!!!And that is a nice score.

3. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

its a disease lol , but nice score , cant pass up a cool old wagon like that

4. Welcome to the longroof club,,the car actually looks pretty good! HRP

5. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Waitaminute... Am I gettin a Pontiac??!!

6. chaddilac

chaddilac

Surprise!!!!! :D

7. Billet trailer wheels?!?!?!?

You are a high roller!

JH

8. shit....sorry dude, I meant scootermcrad. How could I get you two mixed up? :eek: fixed....

9. robber

robber

I don't blame you a bit... I'd snag it up if I had the chance! I love the 50's longroofs!

10. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

haha...no worries, I guess we look alike, except I'm cuter with much less red hair.. I got excited for a second though..

11. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

you are a very sick man

12. yeah, well you are getting the bill for it.......... but scootermcrad is getting the car .... ha ha :D

13. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Denises' long roof got your attention, and you couldn't resist!
    Maybe you can have a push car at the HRR next year!
    KK

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Flip ya the keys for a couple of drives next thing ya know you got long roof blood in ya. Congrats bud! :cool:

Your wagon could be The Cookie Muncher":D

15. You're a sick puppy! And I thought that I had it bad. A sure sign is when your trailer looks better than the stuff on it. Just sayin'..........

Cool wagon, regardless. Good score!

16. Wow nice wagon I would of added it to my collection haha

17. I look at it this way...Having a couple of projects is a good thing....First, they are like $$$ in the bank. You see a good deal? pick it up if you can....sit on it and flip it for some extra cash later. If you get to it? fine...If not...well you know the drill. I can't pass up a good opportunity. Too many neat cars out there....who knows, you may find that "Keeper".

Murph

18. THAT is FUNNY!! "Cookie Pusher" and "Cookie Muncher" push car dual:D

19. Good looking car, Mike. I think there is a '58 Delray running around the Boro that has the "same" lines.

20. Gator

Gator

Very cool Mike, now if ya could just get ONE of your projects on the road...

Maybe if you quit spending all your time being a stand up guy and working on other people's rides in your 'spre time' you could get your own going...

21. papastoyss

papastoyss

Yeah, that's the "Fred Flintstone" model I was telling you about.

22. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Crap! Just saw this! Had I known that someone else was going to pay the bill for me I never would have had to fork over all that cash! :eek::eek::D HAHA! Very good of Pauly!

Yes, cuter, but don't deny your ginger heritage! :D:D Oh... and please come finish my '53 Poncho for me...

23. spiders web

spiders web

Only 15 on deck? I got 22 on deck and bought another last weekend. Someone please help me, I buy them and I can't stop. Antie Em its a twister, its a twister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahaha

24. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Can't deny it I know. It shows in the beard :).

I would need a shop to work in since your garage is all full of Model A's and what not...get crackin! You got the space! Don't you have a 911 that needs some ducktail' ish type attention?

25. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And a damn good lookin' beard at that! All hale red-beards!

Room for one car in the garage, others are all outside. New shop construction next year (I HOPE!). And yes, a 911... but low on the list. Will get "ducktailed" for sure!

Okay, okay... I have projects too many also! Just not like Earl's!! (as he witnessed on Friday) :eek::eek::eek::eek: Great to finally meet ya' Earl!

26. flynstone

flynstone

its a sickness, lord knows Ive tried to stop, do good for awhile maybe even sell 1 ,then bam i cant say no........oh well it could be worse

27. Like a moth to the flame, we just can't stop.

28. ryno

ryno

cooler by the day.....
    pretty soon youll be the bob owens of the east.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  29. Good to meet you too, studie-mcrad--I mean scootermcrad;) I feel better knowing all the cool kids are diseased just like me:eek:

30. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

If you need me to get that big old Ford out of your way to make room for your wagon, just let me know. I'm here for you brother.
    :)