Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dolphin Gauges anybody had problems with the Supplier?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fiftyv8, Oct 8, 2012.

1. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I've been trying to get a replacement water temp gauge for about 2 months now and get nothing but promises and pretty poor ones at that.
    Its not big money but I paid up front for the gauge and shipping and got nothing except a stream of emails promising me the world.

Just wondering if anybody else has experienced similar issues with

[email protected]

I have now lodged a complaint with Paypal before the cover time expires.

2. I have had Dolphins in my OT Cutlass for 9 years. I have not had any problems with the gauges and when I bought them they shipped quickly.

I needed to recalibrate my Speedometer last month and could not find my instructions and they sent them to me that day.

I don't know if this helps you any, it's just my experience.

3. fxcomet

fxcomet

My Willys had dolphins when I bought it, except for two which had already quit. Now the fuel gauge doesn't work. I'd heard stories of problems with these before I bought the car and it pretty much confirms what I've heard. They're gone as soon as I find a set that suits my wallet.

4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Dolphin gauges are just garbage and it's no surprise the supplier selling the cheap crap is also a problem.

This is an old song that has been played on many threads here already.

5. Gman0046

Gman0046

Dolphin gauges made in China by small children.

6. Truckedup

Truckedup

Dolphin website says they have been manufacturing gauges in Florida since 1999.........

7. Weasel

Weasel

The question should has anyone NOT had problems with Dolphin:confused:. If you buy on price alone you risk becoming a victim of poorly made crap with little or no recourse - caveat emptor as they say. This is why the HAMB is here - ask BEFORE you buy...

<dl><dt>There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.</dt><dd class="author">John Ruskin, (attributed)</dd></dl>

8. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

My Dolphin insturments came with a project I purchased and at that time I'd never even heard of them be it good or bad.
    Since then I have only found a issue with the temp gauge, but it is starting to sound like I have more surprises to come.

At this point however, it is the fact that the guy has taken my money and not sent me anything be it crap or otherwise.

9. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Well, finally received my temp gauge.
    Ordered in early August arrived mid October not bad to get across a couple of State borders.

10. I have installed about 30 sets with zero failure. I used to be a dealer for them a few years back and never had a return either :confused:

In my personal cars, I have a set in a car that has been in 4 years and 60k miles. I only put them in cause I had a set laying around, I usually use OLDER SW sets in my cars.

That was nice of them to walk it over and hand deliver it :D

11. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

I've had good luck with mine. I need a replacement oil temp gauge and it was shipped quickly and customer service was good. That was about 4 years ago...