Register now to get rid of these ads!

Iron Invasion - Chicagoland show Oct. 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Lild

Lild

Im at work right now but leaving in about a half hour to grab the car and whoever is going with.

2. WWinIL

WWinIL

Great Show and looks to have been a very good turn out. I had to leave before the meet & greet, but here's a few pics

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

3. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

fantastic event!

4. the show was great. with any first time event there are some things that need work for next year. the two things i saw were not enough food vendors and traffic issues when leaving. i found some great buys in the swap meet and the bands were also great. the car count was higher than i expected. the car quality was also high. i will for sure be back next year. thanks to all the volunteers that helped put this great event on.

5. 55driver

55driver

Another home run for Mr. Wells! Great show! I'm sure it will explode next year.
    Only way to improve it would be separate exits for spectators and participants, and at-least one building with heat! After walking around for 8 1/2 hrs. I'm glad my car has a heater.

6. von zipper

von zipper

Great show John!! Saw great cars,caught some good deals,made some new friends,and was amazed on how many liked my Ranchero! I will be back!!!! Not to mention the guy that made a Hot Rod out of an AIRPLANE!!!!

7. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

ImageUploadedByTJJ1349592124.160948.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1349592140.360846.jpg
    I saw this at the show today. I've never seen one that looked this nice.
    Am I correct that this is a Lincoln Flathead V12?

8. Looks to be a Lincoln V12.

9. D-man313

D-man313

Great show, me and my dad both had a good time. For the 1st year i was surprised at the number of cars. Alot of high quality cars. We'll definitely be back for the next one.

10. von zipper

von zipper

It was a great show! Going again next year! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349615785.546248.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349615809.411311.jpg

11. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Well worth the trip for sure. The wife and I came only as spectators this year, but she said next year we need to be in the show. It was a little cold, but they had brout out some heaters on friday once the bands started, the wind died down and tons of fun was had. Saturday if the wind would have died down it would have been great but with the turnout of rides both in the show and the "friends" lot how could you not enjoy it!!?!!
    I sure hope that John, the town of Woodstock, and all involved with putting on this show were happy enough with the turnout to brung it back for all of us next year....we for sure are planning on it.

12. Great time.
    I agree with Racer-x with traffic and vender issues, but what the heck, everyone seemed patient and courteous.
    Met a lot of great artists; Jdustu, Jones, P'Gosh, O'Connel, to name a few. Learned a lot talking with you guys, thanks for taking the time.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  13. Modeljunkie

Modeljunkie

Yeah, he was having too much fun doing the dounuts...I never got to see that one up close though. Never got to see the pin up contest either.

Scored 4 I/I T shirts, two shift knobs, a factory radio for my 40...heck, even saw another 40 plymouth 2 dr sedan roller there for sale!

I will be back next year for it again!!!

14. GREASER815

GREASER815

WOW, what a great show. We had a blast, great place to have it, other than the usual construction holdups, we had a great trip, even with no heater.

15. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

Had a great time awesome show. Thanks John and all the people who put this event on.

16. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What traffic back up??? HA HA I drove right out. The problem was that the fact that 80% of the people decided to leave all at once. The funnel out was overwhelmed and nobody saw that coming. I don't know who hit the exit now sign but Wayne the Train played for over an hour and a half and the Afterdarks after that. I am sure the problems will all be addressed for the future. Yes it was chilly but it is October so be prepared. Thanks to everyone who was there as I think the turn out was much higher than anticipated, hence some of the problems. Keep supporting the cause, and see you next year.

17. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

I had a great time and tent camped Friday night. YES! It was VERY cold! But it was a ton of fun. Despite the frigid temps there was still an excellent turnout with a ton of HAMB friendly cars and a good turnout of vintage choppers too.

18. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

We had a great time!!! What a good turnout for the first year. Glad the boss called off work so we could go. Next year will have something there. Maybe I can get rid of the roadster by then.

19. truckdude1

truckdude1

A great show! Got there Friday afternoon, left 7:00 last night. Thawing out and recovering today. It was an honor to volunteer at this first event. I think John said there were 700 cars, amazing.

[​IMG]

20. Malarky

Malarky

Totally awesome show. Great job! Not too bad for a first year show.
    One of the guys working the line on the way in called my Mercury a Pontiac :eek: but everyone else was cool.
    I'll post some pix later.

21. Mr Grim

Mr Grim
    from Chicago,IL

thanks guys for putting on a really good show I had a great time

22. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

AMAZING!! thats the only way i can describe,, i worked the gate friday and satuirday and was just amazed that the cars just kept rolling in it was like just when it would slow down another 10 or 15 would be coming i bet the town looked great that morning with all that old iron rolling through,,, the event couldnt have been run better and i didnt see any attitude when i had to send someone to the friends lot most of the people knew allready what lot they would be in,,, hell at noon the friends lot was so full and the regular lot was so full from the roof it looked like 1 giant lot so many cars it didnt seem to matter and everywhere i looked i was seeing stuff from magazines the hamb the czar board etc all in one place FREAKIN EPIC!!
    THANK YOU JOHN !!! FOR BRINGING THIS 15 MINUTES FROM MY HOUSE!!

23. Speed~On

Speed~On

To put in simply, the Iron Invasion! was an outstanding show. The quality of all the cars was very impressive. For a first year show there was a very large turnout of cars, spectators, and vendors. John Wells was very commited over the past year promoting the show and the success reflected his hard work.

I ran into a lot of friends like Shaun N. from Lucky Lilly Studios. I picked up some awesome hot rod art from him as well as some Sailor Jerry Rum items. Then Shaun did a photo shoot of my car; can't wait to see the photos. I also bought an awesome signed print from Doug P'Gosh Art & Design. Can't wait to get all this stuff professionally framed.

The fairgrounds were great. There were plenty of trees, grassy areas, and buildings. It was a little cold but who cares...man up, it's Autumn.

I was extremely flattered and humbled when the Five Aces Motor Club from Chicago chose my car for their car club pick. They presented me with a really cool trophy that was made by the club!!! I am still shocked. The best part was meeting all the members and their wives. They have really sweet cars! Thanks again guys!!!!

For those of you that missed it I highly suggest you get your arse to the 2013 Iron Invasion! IT ROCKS!!!!!!

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

Five Aces Motor Club hard at work
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  24. truckdude1

truckdude1

Haha, it wasn't me! I can't remember who said it but I think it was a joke cause JohnnyBoy has a similar Merc.

A big thanks to JohnnyBoy and Vic Jr. for the lifesaving 5:30 AM doughnut and coffee run for the volunteers.

25. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

Yeah the coffee and donuts saved the morning,,, many thanks,,,

26. A big thanks to JohnnyBoy and Vic Jr. for the lifesaving 5:30 AM doughnut and coffee run for the volunteers.[/QUOTE]

Boxes of Joe baby!

27. I believe that was me...the registration card guy. And you are right I am definitely NOt a cool guy. Sorry that ruined your weekend, just effin' with ya!

I've been told my sense of humor is "rather off" but no one gets that better than my pal Truckdude.

28. Malarky

Malarky

Not at all. I was more concerned with the coffee I had just spilled :mad:

29. Malarky

Malarky

:D just effin' back! You guys all did a great job.

30. truckdude1

truckdude1

I can vouch for that!