Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1940 Ford Pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Old Flathead Guy, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Old Flathead Guy

Old Flathead Guy

Looking for some options for a seat to fit my 1940 pickup without to much modifications. Any 40 pickup truck guys found seats to fit. I was told an s-10 or Ford Ranger seat would work. Thanks in advance for the help.

2. anteek

anteek

I'm going to follow this as I have one needing everthing.....have a spare hood?

3. tjd420

tjd420

My dad used a middle? seat out of a mid-90s blazer. Worked great.

4. Middle and rear seats from mini vans. Some have belts already, some have arm rests that fold down, some even tilt forward.

5. Old Flathead Guy

Old Flathead Guy

Anteek, sorry I dont have another hood but will keep my eye open for one for you and get back to you here if I find one

6. Old Flathead Guy

Old Flathead Guy

Thanks for the info. Think I will take my tape measure anmd hit some of the local junkyards

7. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

I have a 46 Ford truck and bought a bench seat out of a mid 80's Ranger, it was a too wide and the doors would not close.

8. I have a early ford ranger seat in my 40' I sectioned 4 inches out off the centre, it works great. I like these seats because they still slide to adjust the seat and they tilt forward for easy access to behind the seat.

Eric

9. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

I will need to modify my seat to make it work also.

10. S10 in mine. Slight modifications are required. MJ40's build thread gave me the idea.

11. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

I had THIS '46 Chevy which I THINK would be nearly the same width. I got a third row seat out of a 12 passenger Dodge Ram van and it fit perfectly.

[​IMG]

12. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

I put the 3rd seat from a Yukon in mine, I sectioned the lower cushion so that it followed the sides of the cab. What I liked about it was the integral lap belts and shoulder belts. I. removed the seat belt mounts for the middle belt and moved the driver and passenger inboard belt mounts toward the center. I made some mounts for the seat out of some large hinges. This allows the seat back to flip forward (this part is from the functionality of the Yukon seat) or I can release the seat back latch and raise the lower cushion to have access to the space in the seat riser.

13. Look in my album for my 1941. Since I wanted a comfortable ride and a seat that did not look oversized I went with 2008 Honda Accord buckets and removed the head rests. I took 1"x4" tubing and drilled and welded nuts in the 1" side and bolted them to my seats, positioned the sets then welded them to the floor. Another bonus to the Honda seats are that they have a lever that acts like a ratchet so when you pull up on the lever the seat rises and vise versa. There is about a 1" - 2" gap between the seats. Hope this helps...

After looking in my albums goto upholstery Mexican blanket... Album and you can see the tubing I mentioned

14. Old Flathead Guy

Old Flathead Guy

Thanks for all the ideas. I will head to the bone yard and see what I can come up with

15. corkym

corkym
    from utah

I used a rear seat from a Dodge mini van, fit perfect, in my 40 ford truck

bchrismer likes this.
  16. mj40's

mj40's

17. I have a right front fender for a 40 Pickup. Its rough but fixable and cheap...$85.00

18. Looking for a 40 Pickup emergency brake handle.

19. BEM

BEM

If you get a later model third row seat, how do you mount it in the truck?