Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone had problems with hurst racing tires?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by paul55, Sep 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Still beating this into the ground. Pics or video yet?

2. So Cal Greg

So Cal Greg

I used to run the Hurst slicks on my 34 years ago. I bought them from Mooneyes and ran them for several years, probably 10K miles, with no issues. Then a steel belt broke under the retread. Mooneyes told me to pound sand. I met Cody at a show, possibly the march meet, about 6 years ago. He told me he did not own the company when I purchased the tires. He replaced the tire for no charge without hesitation. I would do business with him again anytime and would use his product over others based on his customer service. That was my experience.

3. So lets do a quick rundown of the thread, Paul55 bought some cheaters from Cody. They would not balance and he tried lots opf stuff. Somehow in the interim a bead was damaged and Cody would not take the bad tires back. paul55 is pissed at Cody who in turn is pissed an paul for being pissed at him.

Some of the fellas I would say most of the fellas have had good luck with Hurst tires and some have even had some replaced at no cost to them. Some but few have not done well with them and others have only heard good things or not so good things but have no real personal experience with Hurst tires or the staff at the company that produces them.

The thread keeps comming to the top and we have even had a chance to discuss business practices in general.

That pretty much sums it up I think unless someone has something to ad.

4. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

As the owner of a small company, a guy who can read, a guy needing tires soon and also a customer to others, I can tell you that sugar goes father than salt.

I have had a couple " battles" in the 7 years of ownership and can tell you with PRIDE that I won the war. I do not attempt to screw customers out of my product and I do not believe Cody or Hurst racing tires does either, but when the coffee is hot and you spill it on your lap in the drivethrough at McDonalds , getting me to have pitty on you will not happen. I was not apart of any of the conversations had about balencing the tires, discussing damaged beads ( wether they are deteriorating or damaged by the tire shop ...waiting for pics) or returning the tires. I am sure if we were 3rd party on these phone calls, we could have a better feel for what happened. When I read : " I suspect that a lot of folks who can read and who will be in the market for some tires in the future will have second thoughts when that time comes" it makes me want to stand up for the small business people that are continually getting run over when the only people who will ever have the complete story are Cody and the guy who bought the tires, the rest is hearsay and to slander a company based on a 3rd party story you hear over the internet is wrong. The only dogs in the fight are Cody and the Customer.

My last set of tires were from Hurst. I wanted what they were offering because it was discounted and not being new and pricey. I knew it was a recap and I understand the technology, its not a new tire. When I buy my next set from them , will I have a problem who knows. If I do, I am sure with what I know, have experienced and what I have heard from others on BOTH of the threads here, I will be OK with the outcome. Can you still get a new pie crust cheater slick?

In todays society when you can get a million dollars for spilling coffe in YOUR lap through a drivethrough window, that YOU ordered and that YOU paid for and that our " peers" are ok with that, It makes me wonder if people would really rather have small companies fold and someday buy Hurst Racing Tires at WallMart because they have a better return policy and be able to sue the big fish when there is a "problem" . I am sure that when they start stocking them, the Quality of that tire would be much better than the the shop in Oregon (sarcasm)

Flame away

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  5. Paul55 is not the buyer of Hurst slicks here he is complaining about. He brought this up for someone else that isn't "PC Savy " . Just wanted to make that clear... He jumped on old thread (Jan. 2012) and stated his problem with Hurst slicks. That thread was closed, and maybe the mods will see it's time close this one also. He made his point, has heard from both sides pro and con. Enough said...

6. Well gee Paul sure makes it sound like he is dealing with Cody and not someone else. As a matter of fact he has not mentioned one time in "this" thread that the tires belong to someone else at all. I was making a recap of this thread.

Does it really matter in the end who took it in the butt? I mean really?

You are correct though like threads about his predecessor this thread is not likely to change much. The thread should have been closed long ago but maybe the mods feel as though it has some value. Or maybe they are just waiting for there to be a good outcome to this thread, they do have a tendency to be somewhat optimistic.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  7. Well said ! I'm done on this one... I think enough has been said... But I doubt that will be the case... :rolleyes:

8. TheDozer

TheDozer

Gotta ask- you said you were "done" back on page 1. You best buds with Cody? Get a discount? I gotta ask because you've been the most vocal in defense of Hurst as in "They can do no wrong" type of attitude.
    These are retreads and considering their age it's most likely the one spot they'll fail is the oldest spot- bead/sidewall, just saying.
    I can tell you the reason I'm so interested- I'm looking to buy and the fact that anyone can be in this situation means I can be in this situation-no thanks!
    I'm hoping there's going to be some type of resolution and all this bullchit banter can be over with.
    But it seems so far, that with the bead issue, Cody seems to be saying its done, over, go fluck yourself.
    So if I buy Hurst and have this problem to, I know I'm flucked.
    Think I'll pass, hell there's many other tire comp's

9. olskoolspeed

olskoolspeed
    from Ohio

Well said. Hopefully, Ryan has enough of this "tired" thread and ends it like the other one.

10. FEDER

FEDER

Yea cmon Ryan, kill this dead horse. FED

11. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

I say if buy recaps your taking a chance anyway, why risk it? If your going to buy new tires, get NEW tires not recaps/retreads.

12. Mike

Mike

May I mambo dogface to the bananna patch?

13. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Wrong! I've been involved because they were for a car build I was involved in and it was at my suggestion that these tires were purchased, after reading pos. feedback posted HERE. I Found out after our problem that there have been other similar problems and dissatisfied customers, info we were not privy to, because many people are hesitant to speak up here in fear of being slammed. Hence this post!! Others need to know what they may be dealing with, then they can make an informed decision. I'm glad that there are more pos. experiences than neg., as that's how it should be. However, Hurst Tires is not consistent in their customer service or in our case does'nt consider it a top priority. I am still getting PMs from other Hambers sharing their similar experiences, but for various reasons don't feel comfortable posting on the public forum, which I understand. All of you reading this thread should expect the same as we do from any company we deal with, including Hurst Tires. Thanks for reading, Paul.

14. Your choice newbie, 1. You best buds with Cody? Get a discount? I gotta ask because you've been the most vocal in defense of Hurst as in "They can do no wrong" type of attitude. answer to question 1 (no) question 2 (no) So go buy some Radirs or M&H or what you find is best for you.. be done with it. Did I say"They can do no wrong" no , but you have made your opinion so move on.. because I have. :mad:

15. TheDozer

TheDozer

Ah! Call me "newbie" to invalidate my comments-classy!
    I always buy what works best for me-duh!
    And you stated YOUR opinion...MANY times-move on? Good advice!

16. lol ! ps. It says that under your avatar . Hope whatever you buy does work for you and that your happy with the purchase. Start a thread and let us all know... Did I say "newbie" to invalidate your comments no.. So you stay classy there TheDozer ! :D

17. TheDozer

TheDozer

Keyboard cowboy much? If I have good or bad experiences with products/companies- you bet I'll post up and I won't back down if someone attacks me because of my experience. Guess I'm just hard headed like that. People that attack others defending a product/company when others have had bad experiences are part of the problem. In order to make an "informed decision" one needs information. I'll take info whenever I have the chance. You can plug yours ears if you like though.
    You forgot to say "I'm done" for the 5th time in a post, just thought I'd remind ya for the next post.

18. My Hursts are awesome and have been great. I've had them for a long while and they ride and balanced out super.

19. afaulk

afaulk

Somebody needs to just say it, might as well be me. Fuck recaps. I ran the sorry bastards when they were all I could afford. They were $5-$10 at the time. I looked at Hursts website and could not believe the prices. Sometimes you get lucky and recaps balance and run pretty well, other times "not so much". If you buy junk because it looks good, don't expect it to perform like the good stuff. Recaps are junk. Disagree if you want to but if you buy junk, expect it to perform accordingly. You can bitch about this post if you want. I'm not going to give a shit. Facts are facts.

20. Thats a good one... Have a great evening... I'll just say good night if that ok with you.... Aka the Keyboard Cowboy LOL ! ps takes one to know one ! cheers !

21. primer31

primer31
    from Aurora, CO

I feel compelled to reply here. The Hursts I got looked great, but I had an issue with one of my tires. Cody stood behind it and sent me out another one. I sent him pics and he told me to send the tire to him and he would send me another one. He was true to his word. There were balancing issues. Cody told me how to correct it, but I think part of the problem was with the people trying to balance them. He was patient with me as I had to take them to a few places before I could find someone competant enough to do what Cody was asking. Also, when I first ordered them, they arrived when he said they would, unlike bigger companies. I contemplated posting pics up, but have decided against it, as Cody took care of the problem. It wouldn't do any good.

I will also say I had one of my Radirs separate too. That is why I went with Hursts this time. So even the "new" tires can have issues.

Aaron

22. moter

moter

I used Dyna beads in my Hurst tires.

23. dubcee

dubcee

rob-redm.........KEY BOARD FUCKIN COWBOY!!!!!!!! Sorry rob I had to throw in the "FUCKIN" part to make it real bad ass!!! Now you should change your screen name! I'm on my way to Walmart to find you a cute little cowboy hat, a badge and some six guns! Ya gotta love the newbies living in mom and dads basement huh? He must have had the early shift delivering pizzas in the gremlin today! Is this thread shut down yet? ill grab some Jiffy Pop while I try to find you a suitable out fit to live up to these kids standards! Stay strong Pony Boy! DUB.......

24. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Does anyone make NEW pie crust slicks???

25. Carnuba

Carnuba
    BANNED

Mickey Thompson/ Radirs

26. TheDozer

TheDozer

Actually I'm a corrections officer for the state of Kansas with his own house 2 kids and divorced. Sounds like you're applying your life to me- doesn't fit partner- try again.

27. Dave50

Dave50

Some of you guys should just shut the F-up!!! Unless you have a direct problem or have had good experiences Then shut up all your doing is wrecking a the thread let the party`s involved deal with it rob running off on the key board about beating a dead horse wtf if it was you who was in paul55 and his friends shoes you would be bitching the same F-n tune.... So just get the F-out of here like you said... let the yays and nays be said your starting shit with these others for no reason and ruining the thread..Nothing you`ve said is helping

28. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I'll put a ditto on that.

29. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Wondering why this thread hasn't been shut down yet...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  30. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I'm realizing you are nothing but a shit stirrer..

kidcampbell71 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.