Register now to get rid of these ads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by silent rick, Oct 5, 2012.

1. I can't say I'm too surprized by this. I can't google anything hot rod or custom related and NOT end up back on the HAMB. I'm sure a lot of lurkers are are finding the site through google.

2. 117harv

117harv

I see it mentioned on here from time to time how the early HAMB was a blood thirsty bunch and would tear newbies to bits. If I would have given into computors sooner, I would have been one of the early members, and could have been around to watch. Although I have only been here 3 years, the membership has more than doubled..WOW.

The HAMB is second to none, the amount of pics and text that would probably never been written or posted is now here for thousands to enjoy and learn from, albeit members or not...the BEST site on the interweb...long live the HAMB:)

3. Naw, it was pretty mellow UNTIL someone stepped in it. Foot in mouth opened up some interesting replies. It was more of a locker room/barracks vibe. If you served or were in sports you should understand. That and, the saying "nothing good happens after midnight" applied real well. The night shift tended to go off on tangents. :eek:

4. Well when one is all cranked up one tends to run off at the head. Let me see if I can find an early example. :D

Well rather than post it here is a link to a mild rant from one of our more illustrious members:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2309

Note: this is not totally politically correct and is not for the fant of heart.

5. butterboy

butterboy

Member #12253.
    I think almost every intro to the Hamb has been somebody talking about building a bad ass R%t R&d. Then the very next post is about making pop corn...Good times!

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

#45559 checking in. I am one who wasn't a lurker but had been on a board out of BC that was traditional and had a numbers of Hambers on it. That is how I found it.

Scrolling through the Members lists a guy can see that there probably more people who have joined and never posted than there are people who actually post on a somewhat regular basis. going to swapmeets over the last couple of years wearing a HAMB t shirt I've found out that there are probably more guys who check the classifieds every day and never post on the board than there are guys who are regulars on the board.

7. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

200,000 already?...Holy moly.

I've loved old-style hot rods since I was a little kid. I'm just old enough to remember the pre-musclecar days...the last gasp of cool old hot rods...and I saw some cool stuff. As time went by, the slicked off street rods replaced the hot rods, and I didn't care for it much. Pretty much stopped buying the magazines. Then we finally got a computer in 2008. Once I got the hang of the thing, I searched "hot rod"...and found the Hamb. Yes! Here were the real hot rods I remember!

Thanks Ryan. Thanks guys.

8. Ha Ha!

Late bloomer here 162577! :D

9. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

10. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I remember my first post (after the intro!) was asking about an old tailight that looked like a swinging lantern. Some guy responded with some derogatory comment about my user name, instead of info on the light. It nearly put me off on this site, but some good guys stepped in and gave me great info after the first jerk.
    Ever since then I've figured out who most the good folks are here and enjoyed the site. The history and knowledge by good people here can be amazing at times!

11. Pop-Rodder

Pop-Rodder

165212...what the hell...we get here when we get here.......

12. I am sure my number is very high as I have only been a member for 3 years or so. But I just wanted to thank all you great guys & gals out there for all the great information, tales, tec, rants & raves that have been part of this web.
    Thank's Ryan for taking the time to start this great web site we all enjoy so much...
    By the way, who is #1 and #2 ?

13. manyolcars

manyolcars

I dont remember what my real number was. After the website went thru the big change in 2001, I didnt re-register until March and got 191 as my new number

14. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

383deuce, your number is 86,762.

X2 for the above sentiments!!

Doc.

15. pumpman

pumpman

Don't know my number, but I wish it was the amount of cash I had in my pocket. I too lurked for a long time before growing some stones and joining. When I finally did my intro some of the comments were funny as hell, I knew then I found a new home. Thanks Boss!

16. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pumpman, you are No.132,549.

Doc.

17. pumpman

pumpman

Thanks Doc, damn, I would be one rich SOB!

18. Pffft!!!

And here I thought I was only a number in the governments eyes!

19. outlaw256

outlaw256

i havent been here veru long but i gotta say i cant wait to get here every morning!i stay on the hamb for about 5-6 hrs a day.most of the time on here is spent in the early mornin,like way before daylite.stay until the pain eases up then out to the shop. come in at nite and go straight to the hamb. take a bath and back to the hamb. i cant sleep much theru the nite so its up and back to th ehamb.ive fallen asleep in my chair in front of the computer and whan i wake back up do i go to bed? no i just wake up the computer cause its already on the hamb and i start all over again.lol my wife even bought us a laptop so i can take the hamb with us when we have to stay away from home for a nite or two.ive been late showin up for car shows because i need to read one more thread on the HAMB.anyone see a problem startin here? lol long live the hamb. oh yea, you too boss! lol

20. And he was wrong - It wouldn't have looked cool on your 71 Camaro [​IMG]

21. Trust me you are not a number in their eyes. You are a thorn in their side or else I don't like you, uh sibling. :D

Its a ritual for people like us I am afraid. I am movin' around a little better now and I think I can retire to the garage for my afternoon or most of it.;)

22. Probably has something to do with the Jalopy Journal and administration.HRP

23. Looks like I'm #136....damn, this place has changed. I can honestly say I knew it would grow like this as soon as I found the place. Man the stuff I've learned here has had a major impact on my work and my life. Not to mention how much you guys have kept me entertained!
    Thank you Ryan and all 200,000 of the rest of you.you!

24. 117harv

117harv

How about a surprize gift for the 200,000 member? Maybe a move right to grenade inspector:confused::)

25. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

I don't remember what I was looking for when I stumbled upon the HAMB. But, I'm glad I found it.

26. I am 1 and 2, when I am not Nero that is. :D

27. Nero??? :confused:

I thought it was Napoleon! :D

28. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

This place has changed my life and the lives of those around me in more ways than you can imagine. Its like a fairy tale come to life.

29. Kramer

Kramer

Time sure flies when you're on the HAMB all the time. #30501 here, its been about 5 1/2 years for me. Does not seem that long at all. Wow, over 169,000 FNG's after me, guess I can quit feeling like a newb now.:) I too lurked for a while before joining, had never been on a forum before and didn't want to break anything.:D