Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone had problems with hurst racing tires?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by paul55, Sep 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

As a businessman, if I were in Cody's shoes, I'd send him a new pair of tires. All this negative publicity can really hurt a business' reputation ...and pride is a death nell in business. Even if Cody is right, he's wrong in not taking the initiative to make amends to a customer. $700.00 in profit is not worth thou$and$ in negative advertisement.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

Sometimes pride is a bitter pill to swallow.

3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Yea, cmon guys, wise up. If you get hosed by Speedway, or someone like that, post away. But if you get hosed by someone who's popular on the HAMB keep your mouth shut and dont tell anyone....:rolleyes:

4. I have discovered hat the same stories with different names apply to almost any situation. I am saving the other stories for when someone has a real problem. :D :D:D

Hell I am still bad mouthing a couple of guys that screwed the Ol' Man when I was little. My daughter actually met one of them at a big car show, he introduced himself (I am not sure what his intentions were) and she said loud enough for everyone to hear, "Well I know who you are, you screwed my granddad over once, you probably shouldn't have done that."

Anything that you do in life will follow you until you die. People usually remember the one bad act instead of the 9 billion good ones.

I am glad that Paul and Cody got it worked out (see post #55). That is a good thing.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  5. I usually change the names to protect the guilty, the innocent don't need protection.

6. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

7. Carnuba

Carnuba
    BANNED

If it's a product that can affect our safety, the word should be spread. Thanks to the OP

8. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Actually post #55 is not me and still waiting for a "mature" response from Cody. Will be posting some pics that have been sent to me by other Hambers.

9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

One thing we already know, you CANT air these tires down.

10. I would like to see the damage also.. so Paul55 please post some pictures of the bead damage thats being stated. Since you are speaking up someone else, let's see what Cody is asking for... Simple ??? Thank you :rolleyes:

11. Damn it how did I screw that one up. Sorry about that.:eek:

12. Notice the M&H sticker on that fender? Should have bought the M&H's, not just the sticker!:p:p:p

13. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

See post #59!

14. deadgearhead

deadgearhead
    from Washington

To be fair, they're called "race tires" and should be able to handle a burnout.

15. TheDozer

TheDozer

Yeah! That pic is going to fix everything! (sarcasm)
    I'm glad Paul took the time to post, IF I choose to buy Hurst and IF I get screwed I'll only have myself to blame. I was warned. IF not then great!
    Personally, I think Cody and Paul need to talk (PM, phone call etc) and get it all sorted. Perhaps pro-rate, or discount etc it'll go a long way to solve the issue.
    BUT, if what Paul says is true, and there are numerous other people in the same boat...I'm more interested in those pics and info-id like to know before I buy.

16. A lot of people want to see the tires and I can't imagine that a pic would show why the tire can't be ballanced.

It is a funny thing that most tire companies do, if the bead is damaged then they will not take a return on the tire. I think in this case it should be noted that a recap is a used tire, the tires may have been broken down gawd knows how many times leaving the beads weak to start with. But even at that bead damage would have no bearing on the fact that the tire cannot be ballanced and I would hope that it is unlikely that the tires would be sold to someone else even if the beads were good.

Just food for thought on both sides of the arguement.

17. The responsibility rests on the shoulders of the person who chunked the bead. That bead chunker prevented this person from being able to return his tire.

If as paul55 says, one tire came off clean, he should be able to send that one to Cody and get an exchange for that one. Tires are not priced per pair are they?

One thing that I don't see being covered yet is the fact that most big and little tire shops hire guys to do tires that are generally non-experienced at that job. They get on the job training and steps get missed. For example;
    Most tires that are being removed are getting tossed and the bead condition doesn't matter. Suddenly throw him a job out of the ordinary, such as "save the tires" and things go awry. He may not have been trained to lube a tire for removal and there you go. The bead is wrecked. The resposibility becomes the big/little named tire store not the supplier.

Oh I think I saw a leg still twitching so I'll pass the stick on for someone else to take a whack.

18. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

SEE post #26

19. I think Paul said his tire guy is Mr Wizzard, but you are correct most tire shops around here anyway just hire junkies and winos off the street. Minimum wage just doesn't buy much I am afraid.

20. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

I want to see pics of the ripped/faulty bead of the tires in question.
    Nothing is %100 perfect everytime so I think it is possible you coulda got some faulty tires. I have seen tire shops rip the beads on removal and ive seen old tires dry rotted and the beads come apart. The farther this thread goes makes me more uneasy about buying "Hurst" tires. I have a question for Cody, do you guys mount the tires on rims and test balance them before they are shipped to the customer? :confused:

21. HamD

HamD

Paul,
    This isn't (insert year of the car.) If you're going to call someone out and stand by your own word, get off your keister, take clear pictures of the bead damage and take video of the imbalance situation. That cuts through the nonsense quickly.

22. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

I thought the saying around here was always "without pictures it didn't happen."

23. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Can shoot some pics of bead, but is a moot point as I have stated. Who would think you wuold have to video tire mounting/balancing to protect yourself. Didnt' expect to have a problem with tires in the first place or Cody at Hurst for that matter. We just assumed they would stand by their product. The only way to show bal. problem is to dismount new tires from rims on the car, remount the slicks and then video the balancing problem. We 've already been thru enough crap and tired of screwing with these tires. I have though received another PM about same balancing problem and his tire seperated a short time later. Supposed to send some pics and I'll post'em here.

24. Thank you !

25. dubcee

dubcee

I run Hurst on all four corners, no weights and do 80 mph on the freeway no sweat. A lot of my friends run Hurst products and only two have had tire problems ( one with a front, one with a rear ) with immediate replacement. I cant complain.

26. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

This thread is no different than every other thread about some product or vendor..........some people will say they hate them and some will have nothing but good things to say. It is also a fact that every vendor is going to have a substandard product once in a while, it just happens, even to the very best companies.

But what separates the men from the boys in the business world is how that company reacts when a customer voices a complaint or has an issue. The companies that survive and grow are the ones that know the importance of treating every customer just the way you would want to be treated. So many companies win the battle but lose the war when it comes to resolving a problem...........and I suspect that a lot of folks who can read and who will be in the market for some tires in the future will have second thoughts when that time comes.

Don

27. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

i have hursts on the back of my coupe. Only problem i have is not having a posi to smoke em both!

I like em.

28. Well said they have done by everybody I know that has delt with them.;)

29. Carnuba

Carnuba
    BANNED

HUH?:confused:

30. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Could'nt have said it better myself. This is how a good company gains the respect, trust, and loyalty for their product, which is why I still don't understand the reluctance to make things right. Maybe, they're afraid to start the practice of taking tires back, due to cost on their end. But that's the cost of doing business and always better for your endgame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.